There are many ways to lower your blood sugar naturally. Herbs That Lower Blood Sugar Levels is a list of very reliable options for those of us with high blood sugars. Herbs are plants that are used for medicine, flavoring, food, and fragrances. Herbs that lower blood sugar can be extremely beneficial for you. Let’s dive in:
Which Herbs can Help with Lowering Blood Sugar?
They also can help heal your wounds faster and strengthen your immune system. Herbs also aid in lowering your cholesterol, fight certain types of cancer, help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and have anti inflammatory properties. We’ll talk about all the benefits but highlight on the ones that help to lower blood sugar.
What do herbs do? Well, they help to eliminate nutritional deficiencies in the body and resulting in the restoration of the proper function of the body. Herbs can nourish every part of your body with the content of minerals and vitamins.
Because your body requires essential nutrients for everyday living, they are able to provide you these nutrients. Let’s discuss the two different kinds of herbs.
These are used to treat health ailments in lieu of drugs and instruments. Herbs are so helpful in treating ailments whether it be the barks, flowers, leaves, extracts, juices, or even the entire plant. Many herbs are used to treat many different ailments.
It’s important to know what different herbs function for different conditions. You would use an herb known as comfrey as an anti inflammatory to treat wounds, sprains, and bruises. Aloe vera is popular in treating minor burns. Milk thistle is used for treating anything having to do with the liver and diseases of it. Kava is an herb that treats anxiety and depression.
The Chinese have practiced using herbs for centuries and they are very popular. They have been used to help cure many diseases. Herbs back then were associated with magic and miracles. Because they were categorized into five different tastes they each had their own beneficial properties. Bitter herbs are helpful with treating asthma, constipation, and aiding your cardiovascular system. Herbs that are spicy are used to increase blood circulation, treat respiratory issues, and fight the common cold.
Kidneys are aided by the use of salty herbs. Sweet herbs will help boost your immunity and relieve pain while in addition improving the health of your spleen. There are many other herbs that are beneficial for your health, but let’s focus on lowering your blood sugar levels.
Herbs to Lower Blood Sugar & Blood Pressure
Researchers show that cinnamon can lower your blood sugar by nearly thirty percent. It can also lower your triglycerides by thirty percent too and decrease your LDL cholesterol the same as well. Cinnamon is shown to contain very powerful “polyphenols” such as green tea that help you avoid strokes, cardiovascular disease and cancers. I love cinnamon.
This is how important neem leaves are. Neem leaf extracts may lower your blood glucose and decrease the need to have insulin injections by as much as fifty percent. By increasing your circulation, neem can help in the reduction of complications that are associated with diabetes.
This is one herb that should be at the top of the list for diabetes and lowering your blood sugar. Fenugreek will improve your tolerance to glucose and lower your blood sugar levels as well. The fiber content slows down the absorption of sugars and carbohydrates.
Curry leaves are also beneficial in controlling high blood sugar. It’s because of the minerals in the curry leaves that help maintain sugar levels and influencing carbohydrate metabolism.Studies have shown that chewing a few curry leaves each day in the morning on an empty stomach can decrease how sever diabetes can be.
This omega 3 fatty acid rich food has a huge effect on lowering your blood pressure too. It protects against cardiovascular disease, reducing cholesterol, and improving glucose tolerance. Rather than buying flaxseed itself, it’s more beneficial to buy it and grind it yourself with your coffee grinder. Then you can add it to your meals.
As basil is a good tasting herb, it can help with lowering blood pressure which helps with blood sugar. It may not help as much, but anything that helps is beneficial. So consider basil as an option for you to lower your blood sugars.
This is a food from Asia and decreases your blood sugar but also lowers glucose in all of the tissues of your body. It promotes the correct digestion of carbohydrates and in turn it helps with not letting as much glucose to enter your body. Bitter melon is great for preventing any complications that may happen when your diabetes is uncontrolled.
Ginseng helps to lower blood glucose levels by increasing insulin output and this keeps your cells alive and healthy. Ginseng is responsible for healing the lining of the arteries of your body and this helps prevent heart attacks.
Gymnema Sylvestre as another extremely powerful herb aiding in the glucose production of your cells and this results in lower blood sugar levels. This stops your liver from producing more glucose and the result is lowering your cholesterol as well. It also revitalizes the cells in your pancreas helping to heal the condition.
Garlic is very healthy for you. It definitely helps you to maintain and control your sugar levels. Oxidative damage and high cholesterol can be stopped by the sulfur compounds that garlic contains.
It helps with diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Garlic also lowers your blood pressure. It does this by causing your blood vessels to relax and dilate. The result is having a better flowing of blood and reducing your blood pressure.
This spice is an excellent choice for controlling and lower your glucose levels. It aids in losing weight and protecting your heart as it is a strong anti inflammatory and antioxidant that helps decrease any complications from heart disease. Turmeric and curcumin are extremely helpful in preventing diabetes and treating it. I take turmeric everyday because of its health benefits.
Ginger has anti-oxidative and anti-diabetic properties which are beneficial with weight loss. It also is good for improving your cholesterol numbers, the reduction of oxidation, improving insulin sensitivity, and lowering blood sugar.
While aloe vera has numerous health benefits, one of the most important for diabetics is that it lowers your blood sugar. Who hasn’t heard of aloe vera and what it can do for you?
It’s also great for sunburns. Get your vitamin D from the sun but protect yourself with sunscreen because you don’t want to burn in the first place.
Researchers have done extensive studies and people suffering from type 2 diabetes can benefit from Malabar gourd seeds because they help to rejuvenate insulin producing cells of your pancreas. In addition, it works well for folks who are pre-diabetics. Malabar gourd is powerful and fast acting and can change and lower your blood sugar levels in as quick as one week. Now that’s fast!
It can return your glucose levels to normal in about three months time period. There is actually a certain sugar in Malabar gourds called polysaccharide that aids in restoring the tissues in the pancreas (including insulin producing cells), and increases the circulation in your pancreas.
I love blueberries and bilberry actually resembles blueberries. It lowers blood sugar levels and consequently helps aid in making more sensitive to insulin to help glucose be better utilized. Bilberry is an extremely beneficial antioxidant for fighting heart disease , cancer, slowing down your aging process, strokes, and also macular degeneration.
Rosemary & Oregano
Rosemary and oregano were found by researchers to inhibit a specific enzyme that promotes the secretion of insulin. Both of these herbs are very potent in fighting inflammation. And of course they are more effective and safer than drugs. Natural treatments are always better than medicinal ones.
Cloves have the exact same pigment which is beneficial and found in blueberries. They have a strong flavored taste and the buds have a very power antioxidant that actually helps plants fight off and resist diseases. Studies support that fact that cloves aid in lowering blood glucose levels.
Stevia is a sugar substitute and sweetener that is extracted from the leaves of the plant species “Stevia rebaudiana” according to Wikipedia. Stevia is a sweet herb and may help to reduce blood sugar in type 2 diabetics.
Devil’s claw is a plant found in Central Africa and South Africa. It’s the roots of this beneficial plant that may lower glucose levels too.
This plant is excellent and loaded with fiber that can stabilize blood sugar, lower blood pressure, and lower blood sugar. It can also help in weight loss and this can reduce your risk of getting diabetes. But the most important thing about Konjac root is that it can help to prevent blood sugar spikes because it slows down the absorption of glucose into your body.
Watch the Video below for More about Herbs and Blood Sugar
Herbal Teas That Lower Blood Sugar
Sage tea has many benefits but one that’s extremely important is the positive effect on the way your body actually uses insulin. Sage can be responsible for raising the insulin activity for people with diabetes.
It can also be effective in controlling the function of your liver. So if your liver is functioning properly, then you can avoid fatigue, headaches, and the possibility of a negative effect on your immunity system.
Bilberry was mentioned before but bilberry tea is another good way to treat blood sugar. Herbal teas not only taste great but they are very beneficial for your health. Bilberry is probably the most effective tea for helping to lower blood sugar for type 2 diabetics. It contains a compound known as “glucoquinine.” This is what has the ability to help keep your blood sugar under control.
This tea is one of the best too for controlling diabetes. The reason for this is that the special compound that it contains called “polysaccharide” does and appears to be almost identical to some diabetes medications. It’s very effective in reducing the production of glucose and controlling diabetes symptoms.
I saved this one for last because it’s my favorite. I love green tea and drink it every day. Green tea reduces the speed of absorbing starches into your body. the enzyme known as “amylase” is responsible for breaking won starches and thereby turning them into sugar. Less of this enzyme will slow down the process and result in less sugar in your bloodstream.
Be Safe, Not Sorry
Always check with your doctor or health care provider when starting or taking anything new. While herbs are generally safe for you, everyone is different so you never want to assume anything. Discuss it with your doctor and let them decide what’s best for you. After all, they are the professionals.
Final Thoughts about Herbs
Herbs That Lower Blood Sugar Levels are going to help you with diabetes. The most important thing is your health. My mom told me that a long time ago and it’s true. Herbs that lower blood sugar are a tremendous help.The purpose of my article is to help you lower your blood sugar naturally and get rid of this nasty disease known as diabetes.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API