Gout is a form of arthritis and most of the time it will affect your peripheral joints. You need to learn more about Gout and Diabetes Treatment. It affects your elbows knees fingers and thumbs, but will most likely be your big toe where you will experience this. I’m going to talk about how to avoid gout and diabetes. You must avoid gout because you can develop diabetes and you don’t want either one of these.
Why Should you Avoid Gout & Diabetes?
In your joints you can develop what’s called urate crystals and the deposits of these cause gout. If you are a person who suffers from gout then it is most likely due to the fact that you’re irate levels are above normal. Women are less likely to develop gout as opposed to men.
Factors that can Cause Gout
Being overweight is a major cause of gout. You have to trying keep your weight down and keep it in check.
You do not want excess urate production. If you have kidney disease and your kidneys aren’t functioning properly, then they aren’t ridding your body of enough urate.
Taking drugs which contain chemical compounds that reduce the excretion of urate can cause an attack of gout. Be extremely careful!
Diets with Low Energy or Starving Yourself
If you’re on a diet that gives you too little energy or you are starving yourself by not eating, then your blood urate levels will increase significantly when the body’s proteins are broken down because of this.
Foods to Avoid and that Cause Gout
These Foods have a High Content of Purine | Stay Away
These Foods have a Moderate Content of Purine | Limit Yourself
- Dried peas
- Dried beans
- Fish, meat, and poultry
These Foods have a Low Content of Purine | You can have these Daily
- Vegetables (except the high purine vegetable group)
- Red meat
These are just some of the foods with high purine that you should avoid. Be careful and read labels!
Fatty Foods in General
Fatty and fried foods are not healthy for you in the first place. But with gout, you especially should be avoiding fatty and fried foods because they will cause gout flare ups.
By not eating these foods, you will stay away from weight gain and controlling your weight will aid in avoiding conditions of gout.
With carbohydrates, you want the complex carbs, not the simple ones. I’m talking about white breads, white rice, pastas, and of course sugar.
The complex carbs you should have are brown pasta, cereals, whole grain breads, and brown rice. These carbs help to prevent spikes in your blood sugars, prevent weight gain, and help avoid diabetes. This helps with avoiding gout too.
It’s always important to stay hydrated. But when you’re dealing with gout, it becomes even more crucial to stay hydrated. By drinking at least six to eight glasses of water a day, you can lessen your chances of getting gout. If you’re exercising (which you should be) then you’ll want to consume even more water.
Check Out the Video Below about Gout
Gout Attack & Home Remedies
You want to be ready when the unexpected gout attack happens. Have some kind of organized “kit” available so then you’re set to go right away. If your doctor has you on medications, then obviously take it immediately.
Then take ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, or Aleve, whatever you have. Just take what your doctor tells you to but never take aspirin because it can actually make the attack worse.
Avoid Alcohol Totally
You might be thinking that having a drink can help you relax and it might help with the pain, but it actually has high levels of purine and it hinders your excretion of uric acid from your body which results in pain from gout.
Raise and Elevate your Foot
Do this so that it’s higher than your chest area. You can use several pillows to accomplish this. This may aid in reducing the swelling you’re experiencing.
Make sure your sheets are light and not touching your toe. It’s similar to an ingrown toenail and you don’t want anything at all touching your toe. You want it to be as free as possible.
Chill if you can
Try and relax as much as possible because stress can surely fire up gout. Do whatever you can. Maybe listening to music or reading a book or watching a movie. Maybe meditation can help too.
Drink a Lot
I mentioned this before. Staying hydrated will aid in flushing out the urates and this can also help avoid kidney stones too. And you do NOT want kidney stones!
Stay Away from Sugary Sodas
I cannot stress this enough. Increased consumption of sugar can increase your risk of gout by almost eighty five percent! You can have as little as five or six sodas a week and still be at risk for gout. Diet sodas do not increase the risk and it doesn’t have the sugar which can also raise your blood sugar levels and risk for diabetes.
Try Herbal Teas
Herbal teas are another way to get enough fluids in you. There aren’t any calories and no caffeine either. You can have larger amounts and not be jumpy and nervous from caffeine. You also won’t gain weight from herbal teas the way sugar drinks will make you gain weight.
Ice soothes most ailments. It helps to numb the area and give a calm soothing feeling. But only apply an ice pack if the area is not too tender to touch. Leave it on for approximately ten minutes.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
Increase the Calcium
You want more calcium in your body if you’re a man over forty and your family history reveals gout because one thousand milligrams daily can decrease your risk by forty percent. That’s excellent.
This is a big one folks! Studies have been done on cherries and their effect on gout. Eating cherries lowers your uric acid levels. The levels of plasma in urates drop significantly after eating cherries. You can relieve your symptoms of gout by eating half a dozen cherries each day. The best thing you can do at the first sign of an attack is to consume between twenty and thirty cherries right away. Many people swear by cherries.
It will make your body more alkaline than acidic. If you consume a half a teaspoon with eight ounces of water. You can repeat this up to six times a day for relief of gout. It will aid in the pain and lowering of your uric acid. If you have high blood pressure, then avoid this particular home remedy because of the salt intake. There is a high content of salt in baking soda so you must not have more than four teaspoons daily.
Turmeric mixed with ginger. Mixing these two anti-inflammatories together is extremely beneficial in taming the pain of gout and you’ll get quite a bit of relief.
Lemon juice is one of my favorites. It decreases the uric acid in your blood and helps alkalize your body. Many gout sufferers cut a lemon in half and squeeze it into an eight ounce glass of water and guzzle it up to three times a day. Lemon juice is very high in vitamin C which is a huge benefit for gout.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has more health benefits than almost anything I can imagine. This is another product that helps your body with alkalinity and reducing gout pain and symptoms. One to two tablespoons with water a day can do miracles. You can soak a cloth in apple cider vinegar and wrap it around the affected area for approximately fifteen minutes.
Epsom salts are used for aches and pains and to relax your muscles. But because they contain magnesium which is alkaline mineral and helps treat gout.
Ginger root contains anti-inflammatory properties that relieve inflammation and pain that will help relieve you.
Pineapples contain bromelain which has vitamin C and and also helps with gout as it lowers uric acid. Pineapples are really good for you.
Gout and Diabetes
Can you develop diabetes if you have gout? Well many folks who suffer from gout do at some point develop diabetes. It’s all about obesity, eating habits, high blood sugars high blood pressure and not enough exercise. They are both metabolic disorders and so much has to do with your genetic makeup. Part of it has to do with learning bad habits from your parents too.
Gout and diabetes also have poor blood circulation in common. This is especially true with your limbs. An interesting fact is that insulin resistance plays a role in developing gout. So you want to do anything possible to avoid gout and diabetes. There is no reason to suffer with either. Because you have poor blood circulation you have higher uric acid levels.
The connection between Gout and Diabetes Treatment should be clear now. Nobody should have to suffer with gout. It’s a horrible experience and something that you should avoid at all costs. Please watch for symptoms and follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Walking is great. Do it. It’s much easier to prevent something than to treat it.
Watch what you eat and see your doctor frequently. You want to avoid gout at any cost. This is an extremely painful situation that you should try and prevent.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API