Practicing Meditation For Diabetes is very beneficial! Meditation is a sacred way of relaxing yourself by focusing your attention and exercising controlled breathing sessions. It has been revealed that meditation has very good results for the people with cardiovascular problems such as diabetes with lower sugar levels, high blood pressure and reducing risk of cardiovascular diseases entirely. Some patients recover completely through meditating actively.
Patients with diabetes require a lot of exercise to lead a healthy lifestyle, and meditation happens to be the exercise of mind and soul that has positive effects on the patient’s mind and soul. Many people choose meditation as a preventive measure to recover from the diabetes, and some people meditate to handle the life in a better way than others.
Research Studies Suggesting Meditation is Good for Diabetes
In this article, it has been claimed that meditation is good for diabetes. So, following are some of the research studies to prove this claim:
- A pilot Study on eCam
A pilot study published in eCam suggested that regular practice of yoga may reduce the risk of the diabetes, and promote weight loss in young adults. Researchers of the University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine conducted this study. In this study, a yoga meditation program was arranged for 23 adults. Another group of 23 adults was given an educational program only. They performed meditation for twelve long weeks regularly.
All participants had not performed any exercises last year, had a family history of the diabetes and had risk factors of obesity. Their family also had a history of high cholesterol level and high blood pressure.
The research found that meditators group had improved their concentration levels, blood cholesterol levels, blood –pressure, weight, and exercise compared to the educational group. An improvement in exercise further suggests that the physical health will be considered as maintenance of good healthier habits.
- Yoga Nidra, a type of meditation, improves diabetic condition
This research study suggests that yoga nidra, that is a type of a yogic sleep, increases healthy efficacy of a diabetic patient. Researchers at S.S. Medical College of India arranged two groups in which one was given a yogic sleep program while other was given drugs for the same problem. Yogic sleep group was controlled to do yoga for 30 days, and blood samples were taken from them.
Researchers found that yoga nidra group had improved blood glucose levels, and also had improved diabetes symptoms compared to the drug-only group. So, it was established that meditation for diabetes is no less than a miracle workout.
- Research establishes that mindful meditation is good for diabetes
A research study published at the American Diabetes Association Conference suggested that mindfulness meditation improves the health of the diabetes patient greatly. As explained earlier, mindfulness meditation is the practice of improving focus of quality of thoughts and perceptions.
Researchers investigated a mindfulness-based stress reduction (MRSB) in the patients of diabetes. All the participants practiced art of the mindfulness meditation which included exercises of breaths, patience, non-judgment, accepting, and trust and let go. The observation of these qualities has greater effects on the health of a person.
Researchers at the end of the research established that participants had experienced lowered blood pressure levels, reduced stress levels and reduced anxiety. Thus, diabetes patients were enabled to go about their daily life in a more effective way.
All of these above research studies conducted in different locations of the world suggest that meditation for diabetes works as a medication. All the research studies were conducted at reputable institutions and by professional researchers, so their validity and reliability can be ensured here.
You might also be interested in meditating for both curing your chronic illness or having better focus and attention in your life.
Benefits of Meditation:
There are many other benefits of the meditation as well. They are detailed below:
Meditation heals emotional and psychological health of a person to a greater extent. Stress has become part of our lives in this fast-paced life. We do not want to lag behind our friends, competitors and family in anything.
We want to study, have job and marry just at the right time. Any of the failure leaves us hopeless and helpless. In these conditions, meditation can help us greatly by healing our emotional and psychological health. Meditation can really help with stress.
Meditation is beneficial for mind and heart so much so that no other medication can have the effect which meditation exercise on emotional and psychological health. One night sleep is not equivalent to the quality of sleep which meditation gives.
It fights insomnia, fears, panic, agitation, terror and apprehensions of a person who is going through crisis of life. Meditation bandages their wounds, and gives them satisfaction, happiness and gratification by giving them health.
Meditation also has many other benefits. It heals memory loss problem, it fights anxiety-related conditions and prevents heart-related disease. Cardiovascular diseases occur as a result of consistent anxieties, worries and tensions. If they are removed from time to time, heart will not be burdened with weight of any anxiety. So, meditation improves overall health of the person.
Adopting Meditation as Part of Your Life
Before embracing the meditative journey, you might be apprehended if you have to change your entire lifestyle in order to adopt meditation in your daily life. However, it is not so because quality of good meditation lies in how you do it, now how much you do it. You will have to handle the meditation sessions according to your mood. You will be managing your mood swings because meditation empowers you.
The power that you attain after adopting meditation in your life improves your productivity, emotional and psychological health prevents effects of anxiety, worries and tensions etc. It must always be remember that adopting meditation does not mean you will commit yourself to it, rather it should be making differences in your life and enable you to manage your diabetes and your life in a more efficient way.
Different Kinds of Meditations
There are many forms of meditation that are good for treating diabetes. These forms of meditations not only make a patient feel relaxed, peaceful, contented, focused, satisfied, pleased and gratified, but heal him of the diabetes or help a diabetes patient to go about their daily life in a more effective way.
These different forms are performed differently, so they are differentiated from each other. These forms of meditations benefit meditators greatly for the purpose they have been developed for. So, they are detailed below:
- Mindfulness Meditation
If you want to remain present in every moment, then mindfulness meditation is something you should try and exercise daily. Mindfulness psychotherapy is a meditation in which moment-to-moment awareness is achieved by focusing on the breathing for better focus and attention in life.
If a person has better focus on all matters of the importance, then not only productivity and profit from activities is experienced but joys of life, happiness, smiles, satisfaction, relaxation and gratification also become part of life. Such is the effect of mindfulness meditation on the meditator’s habits and lifestyle.
In mindfulness meditation, a person practices to have focused attention and awareness in order to live each part of the day lively and fully. Each moment is precious in life if you have diabetes. Mindfulness meditation helps a diabetes patient to live each moment of the day fully and actively.
- How to do Mindfulness Meditation:
Formally, mindfulness meditation is normally done by sitting with back up and straight. You can either sit in this position on the floor or on a chair. Meditator can also lie on the floor, using a technique called body scan. In this technique body scan, meditator tries to shift his attention from one body part to another to feel the pain of the organs if any.
- Transcendental Meditation:
Transcendental meditation is a form of meditation that is mainly practiced in the west mostly. Transcendental meditation is similar to mindfulness meditation however it only differs in the way that it involves a “mantra”. This mantra can be anything, from a favorite line to an inspirational quote. So, instead of focusing on the breathing, meditators improve their focus by repeating mantras in their head again and again.
It is said that whatever phrase you choose to repeat in your head, you are not supposed to reveal it to anyone. So, I suggest you the same to not reveal any word that gives you satisfaction and peace.
- Focused Awareness Meditation:
In this kind of meditation, one tries to improve the quality of attention by focusing on a lit candle with semi eyes open and practicing breathing also. Focused awareness meditation can be practiced with just anything, by giving attention and practicing breathing, e.g. walking, laying, drinking, eating, with cushions etc.
By focused breathing, no matter what the position is, you end up experiencing and beginning the mindfulness meditation as a part of your life. If you are excited to read this, then stop reading and give it a try and begin it in your life right now too.
- Why Being in Present Moment is Important?
Being in present is very important because this is the only time we get to perform, prepare and plan for the future. A diabetes patient’s health deteriorates with every passing day, and insulin injection one a day stage reaches. In order to prevent deterioration of the health, being in present is important in the sense that it will enable you to prepare yourself for the healthier, fitter and happier future.
Development of the habit of letting go anxiety, stress and worries, a habit of accepting truths, a straightforward personality and a peaceful mind are some of the benefits which help a diabetes patient to manage their life in better way.
Is Meditation Religious: Myths Busted
Some people are really hesitated to try meditation thinking it is very religious in its nature, and if they begin meditating, they might end up sinning and devaluing their belief systems. Some also have mythical beliefs that meditators lose control of themselves. So, these all are just mythical beliefs. Meditation does not belong any religion, rather it belongs humanity.
Meditation has benefits for the humans, not for particular religious followers. A person who may belong any religion will be benefited by practicing meditation. Though there are religions that contain tradition of meditation, such as Zen Buddhism, Jewish and Christians’. These respectable religions use meditation as a means of improving focus of the practitioner and bring them closest to God.
However, there are uses of meditation performed outside the context of the religious uses. Meditation is performed for emotional, psychological, physical and inner well-being of a person. It is also assured here that this cannot be used to brainwash any person into changing their beliefs and converting into new ones.
Meditation is a consecrated process of redirecting thoughts, and remaining aware of the surroundings, objects, activities, thoughts and opinions of a person. Thus, a person remains happier, calmer and more peaceful if he mediates.
Final Thoughts: Beginning Meditation in the Life
If you have diabetes or not, you are at the risk of diabetes if your family has history of diabetes, heart related diseases and other risk factors. So, you should include diabetes in your daily life today to prevent the diabetes symptoms. If you have diabetes, then you should include meditation in your life to handle yourself better and live life fully. Meditation For Diabetes can be beneficial.
There are many ways to get started with meditation. You can learn to sit in the perfect positions online through watching YouTube Tutorials. You may also buy CDs, and play it while you are doing it. CDs instructors will lead you throughout the procedure very well. The best is to join a group of meditators locally, and meditate in groups. If there is no facility nearby you, then you can opt for YouTube and CDs.
Meditation classes are also offered by churches, hospitals and meditation centers. You can visit them, and get the information for the right program and get started with your meditation journey.
Check Out Below the Best Way
to Lower Your Blood Sugar Fast!
Please share on social media below and forward this to others who need help and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API