My Review of Amazon
New Balance Walking Shoes MW577 & WW577
What is the Best Walking Shoes for Diabetics?
Product: New Balance Men’s MW577 and Women’s WW577 Walking Shoe
Price: $59.94 USD
Product weight: 2.1 pounds
Item model number: MW577- Walking Shoe, WW577- Walking Shoe
Available sizes: 7-15
Colors: Black or White
Guarantee: Free returns, free exchanges
Personal rating: 9 out of 10
New Balance MW577 Walking Shoe Review
I was never that particular in what I wore on my feet. But when I was diagnosed with diabetes and had numbness in my feet, I knew I had to lose weight and get off my butt and start walking. It was clear that I was going to walk a lot more than I ever did and to be successful at getting healthy, I needed a walking shoe that was going to fit the bill and help with my type 2 diabetes.
My concern was that I required comfort and a product that felt right and that would stand up to and last for all the tests I was going to put it through. New Balance isn’t the new kid on the block when it comes to foot apparel. They know how to put you into a shoe that will make you feel like you’re walking on air. At least that’s how I felt when I first tried them on. They may not be for everyone, but I feel that most people would be very satisfied.
ABZORB Heel Technology
This shoe features cushioning in the heel for extraordinary shock absorption called “Abzorb.” It does the job of controlling the pressure from the hitting of your foot when walking.
Your feet will remain comfortable and dry due to the fact that any moisture is allowed to seep out of the shoes because the vent holes located on the top of the leather provide ample “breathing room.”
Another thing I found many times with shoes was the fact that they felt heavy or “clumpy.” That isn’t the case with this shoe. It’s lightweight design makes it a pleasure to wear every time I wear them.
This is the most important thing to me with a shoe. It is very comfortable and I’m usually fussy about fit and comfort. But the New Balance MW577 shoe (WW577 for the Ladies) is particularly comfortable with the numbness and foot problems I have with diabetes. I don’t need any more stress on my feet than I have right now so these shoes are a nice fit and the comfort is very welcomed.
Now that I’ve started walking 30 minutes every day, it’s a lot of walking and I need to know that the walking shoes I’m using can give me as much comfort as possible. I never feel as though my feet are squeezed too tight which affects my walking.
Features and Specifications
- ABZORB midsole polyurethane cushioning provides excellent shock absorption in the heel
- Made and assembled in the USA
- Solid rubber outsole
- Leather upper
- Walking Strike Path outsole
- This style MW577 are Medicare/HCPCS code= A5500 and may be eligible for reimbursement from Medicare
- Monocolor walking shoe that features overlays that are perforated and present side logos that are embroided
- Padded interior for fit that is comfortable
- Sleek look and design
- Enhanced durability provided by rubber outsole and grips a variety of surfaces
- Removable footbed for protection from impact and enhanced comfort
- Padded tongue and collar
- Extra eyelets located on the collar of the shoe can be laced for a more adjusted fit and snugness
- Mid-range price
- Breathability- plenty of room to breathe through the shoes’ textile lining which is well ventilated and through the side panels’ perforations
- Comfortability is exceptional
- The leather are rubber may not last as long as you may like from using regularly
- Made for average size people. Larger size or overweight people may find that the shoes may show wear and tear sooner
- Not the cheapest walking shoe
Before You Purchase:
- Make sure you chose the right color, black or white and correct size 7-15 and if you require a wider width
- You won’t get a pure leather shoe since it is a synthetic leather, but an easier to clean surface
- Can only be shipped in the U.S.
Customer Reviews and Scores
The New Balance MW577 and WW577 for women is an exceptional walking shoe as far as I’m concerned. It is one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever purchased. It is made very well and to take a lot of walking abuse for normal size individuals. The fit well, provide good support, and look smooth.
There were 2,619 reviews at this time and the average rating was 4.5 out of 5.
While the customer reviews were generally positive, there were some bothersome points that were raised. One customer said, “The 14AA is okay, but the box toe is really large and kind of clunky.”
In light of that, it doesn’t seem to be a concern for most other customers who said, “Very comfortable. I’m on my feet all day at work and these are a Godsend!” and, “I would highly recommend these shoes for someone with a herniated disk L4-L5 like me!” and finally, “Great shoes. The exchange turn around time was awesome. Thank you!”
This makes it rather easy for me to recommend the New Balance MW577 walking shoe as well.
To summarize, the New Balance MW577 and WW577 is very comfortable, made very well, and can take the wear and tear very well. It is highly rated and a flexible walking shoe. Most real buyers are extremely happy with purchasing this product and would recommend it to others looking for a good walking shoe!