If you are looking for a comfortable shoe to wear when you go walking & especially if you’re a diabetic, then I have the shoe for you. Comfortability in a shoe is important especially when you’re a diabetic. I’ve done my best for giving you all you need to know to make a decision from the best walking shoes review.
Quick Review of New Balance Walking Shoes
- New Balance Men’s MW577
- New Balance Women’s WW577
- Available sizes: 7-15
- Colors: Black or White
- Guarantee: Free returns, free exchanges
- Amazon customer rating: 9 out of 10
New Balance MW577 Walking Shoe
I was never that particular in what I wore on my feet. But when I was diagnosed with diabetes and had numbness in my feet, I knew I had to lose weight and get off my butt and start walking. It was clear that I was going to walk a lot more than I ever did and to be successful at getting healthy, I needed a walking shoe that was going to fit the bill and help with my type 2 diabetes.
My concern was that I required comfort and a product that felt right and that would stand up to and last for all the tests I was going to put it through. New Balance isn’t the new kid on the block when it comes to foot apparel. They know how to put you into a shoe that will make you feel like you’re walking on air. At least that’s how I felt when I first tried them on. They may not be for everyone, but I feel that most people would be very satisfied.
ABZORB Heel Technology
This shoe features cushioning in the heel for extraordinary shock absorption called “Abzorb.” It does the job of controlling the pressure from the hitting of your foot when walking.
The MW577 (WW577 for the Ladies) has a midsole that is made of polyurethane which gives you a more enjoyable walk because of the added cushioning provided by the extra compression absorption.
Your feet will remain comfortable and dry due to the fact that any moisture is allowed to seep out of the shoes because the vent holes located on the top of the leather provide ample “breathing room.”
Another thing I found many times with shoes was the fact that they felt heavy or “clumpy.” That isn’t the case with this shoe. It’s lightweight design makes it a pleasure to wear every time I wear them.
This is the most important thing to me with a shoe. It is very comfortable and I’m usually fussy about fit and comfort. But the New Balance MW577 shoe (WW577 for the Ladies) is particularly comfortable with the numbness and foot problems I have with diabetes. I don’t need any more stress on my feet than I have right now so these shoes are a nice fit and the comfort is very welcomed.
Now that I’ve started walking 30 minutes every day, it’s a lot of walking and I need to know that the walking shoes I’m using can give me as much comfort as possible. I never feel as though my feet are squeezed too tight which affects my walking. So it’s made a difference for me when it comes to comfort for walking.
Features and Specifications
- ABZORB midsole polyurethane cushioning provides excellent shock absorption in the heel
- Made and assembled in the USA
- Solid rubber outsole
- Leather upper
- Walking Strike Path outsole
- This style MW577 are Medicare/HCPCS code= A5500 and may be eligible for reimbursement from Medicare
- Monocolor walking shoe that features overlays that are perforated and present side logos that are embroided
- Padded interior for fit that is comfortable
- Sleek look and design
- Enhanced durability provided by rubber outsole and grips a variety of surfaces
- Removable footbed for protection from impact and enhanced comfort
- Padded tongue and collar
- Extra eyelets located on the collar of the shoe can be laced for a more adjusted fit and snugness
- Mid-range price
- Breathability- plenty of room to breathe through the shoes’ textile lining which is well ventilated and through the side panels’ perforations
- Comfortability is exceptional
- The leather are rubber may not last as long as you may like from using regularly
- Made for average size people. Larger size or overweight people may find that the shoes may show wear and tear sooner
- Not the cheapest walking shoe
Before You Purchase:
- Make sure you chose the right color, black or white and correct size 7-15 and if you require a wider width
- You won’t get a pure leather shoe since it is a synthetic leather, but an easier to clean surface
- Can only be shipped in the U.S.
Verified Customer Reviews
The New Balance MW577 and WW577 for women is an exceptional walking shoe as far as I’m concerned. It is one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever purchased. It is made very well and to take a lot of walking abuse for normal size individuals. The fit well, provide good support, and look smooth.
There were 2,619 reviews at this time. Click HERE to see all of the customer reviews.
While the reviews were generally positive, there were some bothersome points that were raised. In fact this person said that the 14AA is alright, but unfortunately the box toe is a bit clunky and rather large.
In light of that, it doesn’t seem to be a concern for most other folks and one in particular who said that they are very comfortable and being on their feet all day that these shoes are a Godsend! A second happy camper stated that they would highly recommend these shoes and especially if you have a herniated disk L4-L5 as I have! These are excellent shoes.
This makes it rather easy for me to recommend the New Balance MW577 walking shoe as well.
To summarize, the New Balance MW577 and WW577 is very comfortable, made very well, and can take the wear and tear very well. It is highly rated and a flexible walking shoe. Most real buyers are extremely happy with purchasing this product and would recommend it to others looking for a good walking shoe. For me, I needed a really comfortable walking shoe because of my diabetes.