The magic miracle potion
This is it. Yes, I’m sure you want to know does apple cider vinegar lower blood sugar? And what are the benefits of apple cider vinegar? Well, if there was ever a magic miracle potion, this is it. I never knew that any one of nature’s products could be so beneficial for so many things. I’m pretty sure that Superman drank apple cider vinegar and ate his superfoods! No wonder he could fly and have super powers and do all the things he did including having super vision and I’m sure it helped him sleep well. LOL
This is a product you definitely want to introduce into your daily diet. ACV has more benefits, not only for your health, but for so many things in life that you’d be surprised. I never heard of ACV much and didn’t think much about when I finally did see it. When I was diagnosed with diabetes I just knew I had to find solutions that would help me and thank God I found this nutritional miracle!
There is only one negative thing I can say about ACV and that’s the taste, BUT, that’s an easy remedy because you can mix it with anything and you don’t need a lot each day. When I mix it with my sugar free drink, I don’t taste it much at ALL!
Health benefits for apple cider vinegar
- Sinus infection and stuffy nose: To break down bacteria growth and thin out the mucus in your nose and keep the sinus cavities open and clear, you need potassium, calcium, magnesium, and good levels of vitamins E and B. This will aid in calming your allergies and symptoms. Don’t forget your daily vitamin D too!
- Leg cramps: I take ACV before bedtime because by having low potassium on your body, your legs can cramp up at night. I’ve had this happen more times than I can count and OH is it painful! Since I started my bedtime dosage? No more cramps! One to two tbsp. with a little honey does the trick!
- Hiccups: One small teaspoon of the sour taste, and no more hiccups!
- Sore throat: Once an hour mix 1/4 cup of warm water with 1/4 cup of ACV and gargle. Sore throat gone in no time!
- Salad dressing: Use it in place of or in addition to salad dressing
- Bad breath: Gargle with 1/2 tbsp. with water for 10 seconds each time until finished.
- Dandruff: You want to balance the pH to stop growth of bacteria and yeast by mixing 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of ACV. Do this and by wrapping your hair in a towel and rinsing after 15 minutes will do the trick.
- Heartburn relief: This is a great benefit for heartburn relief in lieu of antacids. To calm stomach problems take one teaspoon with water.
- Improvement of digestion: To help break down your food better, take 1 tbsp. of ACV with water 10-15 minutes before a meal. It also helps reduce hunger and losing weight.
- Blood pressure: By relaxing blood vessels, it’s possible that ACV aids in lowering high blood pressure. Of course exercise always helps too. I monitor my blood pressure at home.
- Benefits for your skin: It can help your skin by balancing your Ph levels. It’s a great skin treatment and fights against acne as well.
ACV, now let’s add honey
This is like combining Superman and Batman together! Get 2 for the price of one. Wow! These two superheroes have properties such as: antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic. They help digestive issues, fight joint pain, and calm anti-inflammatory conditions too.
Raw honey in itself, promotes good health, fights diseases and as just mentioned, is HUGE in the anti-inflammatory department. It’s as if apple cider vinegar wears honey as a bullet proof vest! This combination of supplements is an excellent source of helping to combat arthritis too. These two powerhouses can improve your quality of life by addressing health conditions, fighting off infections and battling fatigue.
The ACV and honey connection
- Weight loss: What a wonderful combination for an appetite suppressant. This aids in emotional eating. By adding honey to ACV it improves the taste, help prevent the accumulation of fat, suppress your appetite, and help control your blood sugar. Why would you say no to that? I take it before I go bike riding. I use my exercise bike for weight loss too.
- Lower your blood pressure: Honey and ACV contain properties that fight against any activity that is hypertension. The acid in the vinegar is what lowers your blood pressure. Honey’s part in this is to reduce oxidative stress and again control the high blood pressure.
- Blood sugar levels: These two best friends benefit insulin sensitivity with positive effects. Vinegar’s job helps your glucose numbers upon waking and does the similar work that the drug metformin does. Honey’s job is to work on the blood plasma levels or fatty acid content if you’re a type 2 diabetic.
- Prevent certain cancers?: Esophageal cancer can have a risk decrease by consuming a diet of vegetables, beans, and vinegar according to some studies. Together ACV and honey are producing some great results in the war against cancer.
- Healthy hair: Honey and ACV make your hair look shiny and healthy. The honey reduces scalp itching, hair loss, and aids in the combat of fungal infections. Apple cider vinegar balances your pH levels and it’s antiseptic properties ward off infections from fungus and bacteria.
- Energy booster: They can give you a boost of energy in the morning to get your day started. You can help cleanse your liver, along with boosting energy with a combination of 1 or 2 teaspoons of ACV, 1 teaspoon of honey, and mix with water. Up, up, and away!
- Heart benefits: Helps prevent cardiac problems. The antioxidants in honey can help in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. In addition, honey also may help to prevent blood clots and the lowering of the LDL, bad cholesterol, thereby reducing your risk of heart attack and stroke as well. ACV plays a role here by aiding in the lowering of your blood pressure. You can’t NOT like these two as a ULTRA health benefit!
- Acid reflux and heartburn: Honey is wonderful for reducing throat irritation and soothing the esophagus. ACV and honey together help balance your stomach acid and can provide relief from heartburn, you know, that burning sensation in the stomach after meals.
- Your digestive system: Honey has many substances that work to level off the microflora (this is defined as: the community of microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi and algae, that live in a particular habitat or in or on another living organism) in the stomach. ACV stimulates the digestion of your fats in your digestive tract by helping to break down the protein from your food.
- Acne no more: Unclog excess oil and dirt from pores with ACV and kill off germs that inflame and infect pores with the use of honey. Result: healthy skin!
Other helpful tips for apple cider vinegar
Most of these will require a 50/50 mix of ACV and water:
- ACV can reduce swelling on other body parts when rubbed and massaged into.
- Toe fungus can be gotten rid of by applying ACV. Use a cotton ball and tape on under your socks for as long as it takes. (overnight)
- Relax in the tub with a cup of ACV to relieve a sunburn or skin that itches.
- Aftershave: Mix 50/50 with water, shake well, and apply to your face.
- Bathtub mildew: Mix 50/50 with water unless you have a major mildew problem, then do not dilute as much. You can also fill the tub with hot water and add approx. 3 cups of ACV and let it sit for about 4 hours. Once you drain, the stains should wipe off fairly easy. Use it in sinks too! Now, a word of caution here? It may now be the best smelling application, so you can add some essential oils to combat that issue. It’s up to you.
- Shower curtain: Take it down and throw it in the washer and add 1 cup of ACV during the rinse cycle. Good as new! Mix a 50/50 solution to wipe down those shower doors if you don’t have a shower curtain.
- Toilets: Here’s how to get rid of those disgusting stains: Pour two cups of ACV (no water) into the toilet at bedtime. Most will be gone in the morning. The rest, just easily scrub away!
- Carpet stains
Just mix ACV with water and wipe clean!
What else is there to say about apple cider vinegar? It’s part of my daily routine now. And adding honey is the icing on the cake! Apple cider vinegar lowers your blood sugar but if your numbers are still too high, then this is another great way to get those numbers even lower! I hope the information here about apple cider vinegar and honey will help you. If you have any questions, or would like to leave a comment below, it would be appreciated!