If you’re a type 2 diabetic and want relief from your diabetes and to help control your blood sugars, then essential oils will help you. Essential oils for type 2 diabetes can be so beneficial if you’re a type 2 diabetic. I’d like to start by discussing a bit about the oils before I get into great detail about Essential Oils For Diabetes.
Which Essential Oils Will Help With Diabetes?
These oils are derived in a very high concentrated form from plants. This is accomplished from the process known as distillation. This occurs when water or steam is used to separate the oils of the particular plant. This results in a highly concentrated “essential” oil.
I would like to cover many different essential oils, but first and foremost the ones that are beneficial for diabetes. But why use aromatherapy for the treatment of diabetes?
The reason is that it can be beneficial for certain oils to help in improving insulin response, some for insulin sensitivity, and others helping to ease the symptoms that come from diabetes that can be very uncomfortable.
So while some essential oils are able to guide you with losing weight, holding down those stress levels, improving your sleep, reducing inflammation, and others aid in controlling your blood sugar levels. This is the best way to lower your blood sugar and it really works!
It’s important to note that essential oils can be rather potent and that a good deal of the oils need to be diluted to be on the safe side. For the best possible effect, you need to know how you’re going to use each particular oil with the diabetes medication that you are taking. Here’s a quick list below just to give you an idea before the details of these essential oils:
|Cinnamon||Myrrh||Thyme Essential Oil|
|Clove||Peppermint Oil||Ylang Ylang Essential Oil|
|Coriander||Eucalyptus Oil||Ocotea Oil|
|Lavender Oil||Black Pepper||Vetiver Essential Oil|
|Black Cumin Seed Oil||Helichrysum Oil & Grapefruit||Geranium Oil|
|Lemon Balm Oil||Basil||Fenugreek Oil|
|Davana Oil||Marjoram Oil||Cypress Essential Oil|
Essential Oils for Diabetes
You can take cinnamon by mouth to lower your triglyceride levels, cholesterol, and blood glucose. It is a great source of enhancing the function of insulin. Cinnamon essential oils are responsible for keeping inflammation to a minimum, controlling your blood glucose levels, and fighting infections.
If you’re taking clove as a supplement you can expect it to help balance your insulin levels. For type 2 diabetics, clove will bring down your cholesterol and glucose levels. Clove essential oil has numerous advantages for your health including digestive issues, inflammation, acne, infections, wounds, arthritis, anti-aging, cardiovascular disease, and a host of others.
This is one of the top essential oils to treat your high blood glucose levels. It indicates activity of insulin and makes the release of insulin from your pancreas much easier. From research that was done, it revealed that coriander reduced bad cholesterol (LDL), increased good cholesterol HDL), and triglycerides as well. This is excellent news!
4) Lavender Oil
This is one of my favorites. It’s the most common oil in the world. It just provides a lot of benefits for both diabetes and other health problems. Lavender oil contains properties that are anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial. This aids in the prevention and provides relief from ulcers that are diabetic.
Studies done showed that it helps protect you from stress and diabetes. It aids in the healing of psoriasis, eczema, wounds, and can improve your sleep.
5) Black Cumin Seed Oil
Otherwise known as Nigella Seed Oil, Black cumin seed oil lowers insulin resistance and results in lowering your blood sugar in recent studies. This is the result of just two grams of the seeds. The oil is a lot more potent, so be careful with the amount you use.
6) Lemon Balm Oil
This is an additional essential oil for lowering your blood sugar. According to studies this oil is most helpful in lower amounts. It aids in the potential regulation of your glucose. You can use one drop daily either dilute it with carrier oil or mix it with blends for aiding your digestive system.
7) Davana Oil
This particular oil has been used for treating diabetes in Indian medicine for years. It’s an excellent source for working against skin rashes, muscle and joint pain, and keeping stress in check. And stress is important to control.
You can take myrrh by mouth by blending it with tea to help monitor your blood sugar levels. It helps to support your immune system with its antioxidant properties. This is vital to folks with diabetes. Myrrh can be helpful for issues such as elasticity of your skin, wrinkles, and dry skin as well. It contains antioxidants that have healing properties that are rather powerful.
9) Peppermint Oil
This is another great essential oil for diabetes. There were studies done on diabetic rats that showed it’s very effective for regulating high blood sugar. It helped to improve the antioxidants as well. Peppermint oil had additional advantages for aiding the pancreas and liver to regenerate, and help boost digestion and stimulate the production of bile.
10) Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is helpful in treating diabetes. It can also be used to treat loss of appetite, ulcers, fever, bleeding gums, burns, flu, stuffy nose, and can reduce swelling.
Using Essential Oils for Diabetes Externally
I prefer to use essential oils externally and feel that it’s safer and better. There’s more involved when taking internally because you shouldn’t be taking the oils just by themselves without diluting them. And the fact of the matter is that doctors don’t want you taking essential oils orally for a long period of time. So the better option is to apply the oils to your skin but you still have to be careful.
So one of the most important things to be concerned about with living with diabetes is circulation improvement. It’s the long term decreasing of your vascular health with the extremities being the main focus of concern. By massaging the different oils into your skin, it helps to increase the blood circulation to your skin.
The oils help to improve the circulation by opening up the pathways of your circulatory system when they are massaged and absorbed into your skin. Essential oils are used for the caring of any wounds that you have.
You don’t want ulcers that can become infected because they are a common symptom of long term diabetes. If this stays open it increases your risk of infection that may possibly be a life threatening situation.
You want to be very careful about ingesting any oils without speaking with your doctor first. It’s equally important to dilute the oils when administering them to your skin. You don’t want to provoke a reaction on your skin that will become an irritation to the skin or hives.
You can dilute with carrier oils such as olive, walnut, black seed, soybean, and safflower oil. The best proportion is 12 ounces of the particular essential oil to 1 ounce of the carrier oil.
Additional Essential Oils & Their Health Benefits
11) Black Pepper
When it comes to salt and pepper? Get rid of the salt. Black pepper is exceptionally beneficial for type 2 diabetics. Research was done and showed that because it is loaded with antioxidants it is able to control diabetes and high blood pressure too.
12) Helichrysum Oil & Grapefruit
Since one of the main cause of diabetes is being overweight and not fit, losing weight is a big time winning solution. Exercise and diet are the two most important factors in losing weight and keeping diabetes away or in check.
Helichrysum oil and grapefruit can help with weight loss which in turn also benefits keeping diabetes under control.
This popular oil is not only used for cooking, but is beneficial for helping your appetite and calming your stomach down.
14) Marjoram Oil
Marjoram essential oil can be responsible for whooping cough, asthma, constipation, and bronchitis too. Pregnant women are advised to avoid!
15) Thyme Essential Oil
This particular oil can help with many issues such as: asthma, dermatitis, antiseptic, hepatitis, psoriasis, cardiovascular disease, bronchitis, and Alzheimer’s disease. You do not want to take thyme oil if you are a child, a woman who is pregnant, or anyone with high blood pressure.
16) Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
This oil can be applied to your neck, back, wrists, and feet. The benefits by inhaling it can be for lowering your blood pressure, stimulation and relaxation while dealing with stress and anger.
17) Ocotea Oil
By mixing this with boiling water you have yourself a tea that will aid in stabilizing and controlling your blood sugar. You can take this as a supplement before your meal and it helps in supporting your pancreas. Ocotea essential oil is beneficial for aiding your body and the internal response to any injuries and irritations, the support of digestion, decreasing swelling, and for diabetes.
18) Vetiver Essential Oil
This oil will provide you with calming effects and has been proven to provide relief from trauma, anxiety, and shock.
19) Geranium Oil
This oil can be helpful, when you apply it to your skin, in dealing with diarrhea, weight loss, and nerve pain.
20) Fenugreek Oil
There were studies performed on rats that revealed that fenugreek oil significantly helped in raising the insulin sensitivity in the body. The research further provided that not only does fenugreek oil zero in on the disease and its symptoms, it has the diabetic person feeling wonderful and refreshed for the entire day. Fenugreek is also an ingredient in Curalin that helps lower your blood sugar fast and without medications.
21) Cypress Essential Oil
Just about the most common symptom of type 2 diabetes is poor blood circulation. There are other essential oils that help with the circulation of your blood but cypress oil is one of the best for circulation.
The information that I provide on my website is purely based on my own personal experience and subsequent research into the diabetes disease. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis and treatment. Care and investigation should always be sought from an appropriate health care provider. I am happy to discuss my own symptoms, diagnosis and history of my diabetes disease but want to stress that I am not medically trained in any way. All opinions on my website are my own. I have created this site as a way to share information and experiences.
So now you know what the Essential Oils For Diabetes are. Essential oils can be very beneficial for your diabetic conditions. I hope that you also learned about other essentials that can provide you with help for other medical issues as well.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- ✔️ DARIO BLOOD GLUCOSE - Blood sugar monitor system starter kit for iPhone connector includes a glucometer, 25 test strips, 10 sterile lancets and 10 disposable covers. So you can start testing quickly.
- ⚠️⚠️ ⚠️ PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS COMPATIBLE before purchasing: Supported iOS phones: 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, Xs, Xs Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE 2020, 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro Max. iOS Operating System: 12, 13, 14 Application version – 4.9.0 Please do not buy open box, product is a medical device and must be in new closed packaging from Dario.
- ✔️ NO BATTERIES NEEDED - Blood Sugar Testing - With a tiny drop of blood and a thin 30 ga lancet is all it takes to measure on your phone within 6 seconds.
- ✔️ The Dario App (Available USA only) - You are able to monitor and track your progress and share it with your doctor using your smartphone.
- ✔️ NO CODING Needed for the blood sugar meter - Simply plug the tiny meter to your phone and download the Dario app. Unlimited Historical Data - Email your doctor trend reports - Emergency text with GPS.
- Daily Complex: Nature’s Nutrition Blood Sugar Support contains 20 powerful ingredients like cinnamon bark, chromium, bitter melon, banaba leaf and more
- Cinnamon Bark: Cinnamon is a powerhouse of antioxidants that support blood sugar in the body
- Chromium: Chromium is an essential trace element because very small amounts of chromium are need to give natural support
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Alpha Lipoic Acid is an Essential Antioxidant. Because Many Foods Contain Small Amounts of Ala, Taking a Supplement Can Support Overall Wellbeing
- Related: Blood Sugar Support advanced alpha lipoic acid balance banaba leaf berberine bitter melon capsules cayenne pepper chromium cinnamon bark powder d day extract fast for glucose health help herbal herbs high juniper berry leaf low magnesium manganese men mg natural naturally natures nature's nutrition of quickly suger suport supplement supplements supply taurine ultra vitamin vitamins weight with without women yarrow flowers zinc
Last update on 2021-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API