When you discover just what the Symptoms of Low Blood Sugar Levels are you will learn that these levels can be dangerous if not diagnosed properly on time. It is something that is heard about commonly among people suffering from diabetes but most people are unaware of its signs and symptoms as well as how to treat it. It is necessary to understand it better to recognize the symptoms of low blood sugar in order to maintain diabetes level.
Why Low Blood Sugar is Serious
Low blood sugar is a health condition when the level of glucose in human body drops below normal. It is considered low when the blood glucose level is below 70 mg/dL. It is common among those patients suffering from diabetes who are under medication. The insulin level in the body increases due to these medications that affect the glucose level.
Common causes that lead to such health conditions are eating less than normal, taking excessive medication, or even exercising overly.
The glucose in human body comes from the food that they eat and it serves as the fuel with which the body runs. The main source of glucose for human body are carbohydrates that are available in food like potatoes, rice, tortillas, bread, cereals, vegetables, fruits and milk.
Once you have eaten food the glucose gets absorbed in your bloodstream and passes to your body’s cell. Insulin that is produced by the pancreas makes the cells use the glucose for getting the necessary energy. So it’s important to eat the right foods for better energy.
The level of glucose that is required for your body depends upon your daily activities. If the amount of glucose you intake is more than body reserves it in the liver and muscles or may even convert it into fat that can be used as energy when required.
On the contrary when you do not intake enough glucose or is under medication the glucose content may get minimized and without glucose the body does not get energy that it must.
Now, the condition of low blood sugar appears for any of the causes mentioned above and when it happens your body does not have enough energy to perform its daily activities. If the blood sugar level drops below 70 mg/dL then it is considered as low blood sugar and treating such condition is very important to avoid severe problems. Understanding the symptoms of low blood sugar will help in taking action at the right time.
So Just What are the Symptoms of Hypoglycemia?
Your body will always give you signs that something is irregular with it and that is true for low blood sugar level too. Depending upon the severity of low blood sugar the symptoms of blood sugar will vary. The chances of developing low blood sugar is often common among those people who are suffering from diabetes for long and thus when you are one such you should be very careful.
The problem of low blood sugar is also common among young children who have diabetes. The problem is that they may not understand the symptoms as the signs of low blood sugar. Parents need to be very careful and conduct home blood sugar test to understand the situations.
Different symptoms common for low blood sugar are:
- sweating that is almost present.
- blurry vision
- sudden nervousness
- unexplained fatigue
- rapid heartbeat
- pale skin
- sudden mood changes
- skin tingling
- difficulty sleeping
- trouble thinking clearly or concentrating
- feeling anxious
When you find these symptoms make sure that you eat some food that has sugar. Once body gets the sugar it will get its required fuel and the symptoms will fade away.
However, sometimes the condition will not be that simple and if the blood sugar keeps on dropping the situations may become severe. The symptoms for moderate low blood sugar are
- Slurred speech, sometimes other may even feel that you are intoxicated.
- Confusion and irritability as your brain is deprived of necessary energy it cannot perform well.
- Inability to concentrate
- Becoming unsteady while walking or standing.
- Muscle twitching
- Change in personality like becoming angry easily or crying.
While eating sugar may be helpful but proper medication and treatment is required for controlling this situation.
The low blood sugar level can decrease further and that is when it becomes severe.
Symptoms for severe low blood sugar level are:
The severity of these conditions shows why it is necessary to keep a regular check on the blood sugar level. While your body may send you signs but sometimes people get them confused with tiredness and other things. If you are a diabetic person then it is important that you keep on checking the blood sugar level regularly. It may happen that the blood sugar level drops at night.
Signs of Low Blood Sugar at Night
Most of the time when the blood sugar level drops it happens during daytime but you cannot be sure if you have low blood sugar level at night. While you are sleeping you may not be aware of the symptoms but your family members may notice that you are behaving differently or is sweating. Different symptoms of low blood sugar at night are
- Making unusual noises
- Rolling out of bed accidentally
When you have low blood sugar level at night you will find that you are having headache when you wake up in the morning.
Taking Immediate Steps
Most people with diabetes are considered hypoglycemic unawareness that is they are not aware of the fact that their blood sugar level is dropping. You may not even notice and find that the blood sugar level have dropped a lot. Immediate treatment is necessary and without it you may find that you are fainting.
In order to treat yourself immediately, it is necessary to intake 15 grams of easily digestible carbohydrates. You may take:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Half cup of juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 or 4 candy chocolates
- Glucose tablets
If you find that someone near is losing their consciousness then administering medication is most important.
Causes of Low Blood Sugar
You can take action once you notice the different symptoms of low blood sugar but if you know the causes and take care of them beforehand then there will be low chances that you suffer from sever low blood sugar. There are a number of reasons that leads to low blood sugar and they are
Diabetes is the main cause that leads to all this. It affects how your body uses the insulin in it. As already known insulin is the hormone that helps in using the glucose in your body. There are different treatments that a person undergoes when they are suffering from diabetes. There are oral medications for controlling the insulin level in the blood as well as insulin injections too.
Check Out the Video Below!
Sometimes use of these medications may lead to drop of the blood sugar level. Most of the time when people plan to eat a big meal but they do not eat enough the insulin level may drop. These factors, like skipping meals, eating irregularly or not taking medication on time may lead to many such problems.
Many people drink alcohol along with these medications and they are also very dangerous. It may also lead to drop in the blood sugar level. As the body becomes busy in getting rid of the alcohol from it, managing the blood sugar level is not done correctly and thus there is a drop in it.
Apart from this there are certain medicines that cause such problem like quinine. Certain medical conditions like kidney problems or hepatitis may also refer to such issue. Endocrine disorder can also result in such problems. Whatever the situation is the result is that you are suffering from low blood sugar and if you do not control it you have to face problems.
Thus, if you are a diabetic it is always advisable that you eat at regular intervals. You must say a big no to alcohol when you are on medications for controlling your blood sugar level.
Diagnosing Low Blood Sugar
When you face any such problem it is necessary that you check out your blood sugar level. If you have your own meter you can do it immediately at home but if you do not have one then you have to rush to a physician.
When you are suffering from low blood sugar level regularly it is important that you discuss with your doctor about the condition so that you are able to get treated for the condition.
Once you are with the physician they will first check out why is this happening so that they are able to help you. They will ask you different questions about your eating habits and try to understand the different symptoms that you have faced and the times when you have faced them.
It is also important for you that whenever you find such symptoms and understand that you may be suffering from low blood sugar you note down the time. This way the doctor will be able to understand the frequency of low blood sugar and find out the cause that is leading to it, as they must have kept you on medication.
They may even ask you if the signs and symptoms of the low blood sugar have faded away once you have taken medications or they still persisted. They will take necessary action once they have understand the situations and giving you a blood glucose meter that will help you track the glucose level anytime you feel you may be low.
You must always remember that if you do not care for the situation then the situation will get worsen. As low blood sugar level may even lead to death of the person it is necessary that you are active about it on the first few days when you feel any of the symptoms related to it.
The worst part of all this is that if the blood sugar level is kept unchecked for quite some time you will find that it is leading to different health conditions that are really worsening. Taking immediate action is the best way to take action against blood sugar level and at the same time if you visit your doctor you can start working on the health conditions. If you take good care, this will not be a problem, but the problem arises when you ignore the health condition and keep on leading life as if you have good blood sugar level.
Preventing the Spells of the Hypoglycemia Level
If you take preventive actions then it is really possible to control your blood sugar level. Different preventive actions that can be taken are
- Check often
You must keep checking your blood sugar level after regular interval so that you are able to control it. When it is checked regularly you know that when it is changing and on time you can take action. If you have such spells earlier then it is must that before you drive or operate any machinery you check your glucose level.
- Be snack smart
It is always good to have snacks before you start from your home. In case you are away from your home for 5 hours or more it is necessary that you carry some carbohydrate rich snacks along with you so that you are able to eat them and maintain the blood sugar level.
- Fuel yourself while exercising
Too much exercising may sometimes lead to blood sugar level drop and thus it is necessary that while exercising you keep fueling yourself. Also it is necessary that you check the glucose level before you start exercising. In case it is low you must eat enough and test and then exercise.
Symptoms of Low Blood Sugar Levels can be scary. Finally, in order to stay healthy and control your blood sugar level it is necessary that you listen to everything that your doctor tells you. Avoiding anything may even lead to death. Thus, be careful, if you are the person with diabetes and if someone from your family has the symptoms then make sure that they do not ignore the steps mentioned.
Check Out Below the Best Way
to End Your Diabetes For Good!
Please share on social media below and forward this to others who need help and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API