How Does Kidney Disease With Diabetes affect you? Your kidneys are two organs that are kind of in the shape of beans. They are responsible for the extraction of waste products from your blood, they balance out your body fluids, form urine and help with other functions in your body.
They are located next to the muscles in your back of the upper abdominal cavity. They sit on either side of your spine. You don’t want kidney disease with diabetes or without. I’d like to cover as much as possible so that you know what to do to avoid kidney disease and diabetes. You want to save your kidneys.
People most likely to develop kidney disease are ones who consume too much fast food, too many soft drinks, eating red meat, being a diabetic, having high blood pressure or being African American. If you have a family history of kidney disease, then there isn’t much you can do about it. But your lifestyle role can be changed to avoid kidney disease. Factors such as smoking, poor diet, and obesity are things that can be modified.
Diabetes is going like wild fire in this country. It’s common sense to cut out the sugars to lower your blood glucose levels. If not, your kidneys won’t be the only organs that suffer. You have to make changes and eat healthy carbs and protein. Read the labels on foods. Do not read the sugar ingredient. It’s the CARBOHYDRATES that matter because carbs TURN to sugar. Save your kidneys. Cut out the sugar!
Avoid these to prevent kidney disease
- Red meat. Watch the red meat. If you’re on a high protein diet or you’re eating a lot of red meat, then you should cut way back. The large amounts of animal protein can possibly harm your kidneys. It also contains too much saturated fat. This is a danger zone. Stay away.
- Sodas. These sodas are loaded with sugar and calories and have zero nutritional value for you. The cola sodas not only have too much sugar they are phosphorus additives and they can do harm to your kidneys.Eliminate them immediately.
- Sodium. There is just too much sodium in foods today and that not only causes high blood pressure, it affects your kidneys too. Cut back.
- Sugar. This is the number one culprit with diabetes. Excess sugar content leads to obesity and diabetes and these are linked to kidney disease.
- Processed foods. Processed foods such as deli meats, crackers, cheese spreads, and potato chips are all high in sodium and additives and these all are no good for diabetes and your kidneys.
Kidney disease and symptoms to look out for
Problems with thinking
If you’re having issues with trying to think with a clear head, it could indicate that your brain is oxygen deprived. This may lead to other problems including concentration, becoming dizzy, and experiencing problems with your memory.
Swelling in feet or hands
You can get excess fluid in your feet, legs, hands, face, or ankles because your kidneys could be failing.
Issues with urine
Your urine can be bubbly, foamy, dark, cloudy or pale, red, brown, purple, dark, or contain blood. You may have pressure when urinating, or it won’t come out or flow properly or urinate too much during the night or not at all.
Face that is puffy
If your kidneys aren’t working properly extra fluid builds up and swelling in in your hands, feet, ankles, legs, and this can also result in a puffy face as well.
Shortness of breath
If you experience a shortness of breath with little to no effort it could be because either excess fluids have built up in your lungs or the possibility of anemia can cut off your supply of oxygen and result in a shortness of breath. Anemia is a shortage of red blood cells that carry oxygen.
If you’re always feeling cold even when everyone else is warm or a room is warm, this can be an indication of kidney problems.
Metal taste from food
When you’re eating and the food tastes like metal, this could be from an excess buildup of wastes in your bloodstream (uremia). It can cause bad breath or loss of appetite.
Do you constantly feel tired? This could come from anemia and is treatable. If your kidneys are not producing ample amounts of a hormone called EPO which signals your body to produce red blood cells which carry the oxygen. Your brain and your muscles can get fatigued quickly.
Itching can occur when the kidneys fail to remove the wastes from your bloodstream.
Kidney beneficial diet
It’s important to eat the right foods to benefit your kidneys and not have them get worse if you have kidney disease. It’s always important to eat a healthy diet and drink enough water to stay healthy but even more so with kidney disease. Diabetes causes kidney disease and you don’t want that!
I want to talk about what to eat and what to do if you have kidney disease and not on dialysis. This is all basic information and you may want to talk to someone who is an expert in nutrition and diet for folks with kidney disease. It’s important to find a specific meal plan and diet that works just for you.
Find a dietitian who can discuss your options and meal plans. Most insurances will most likely cover the cost. The things that you drink and eat obviously affect your health. You need to control your blood sugar and your blood pressure because they can worsen your condition or chances of developing kidney disease.
Your kidneys are very important because they remove waste and fluid form your body and if they cannot do this constantly then the excess fluids and waste are allowed to build up and can cause bone disease, heart disease, and a multiple of other health issues. Eating a diet that is beneficial for your kidneys can assist in keeping the fluids and wastes from building up and causing problems.
Water is essential to surviving and how many times have you heard about drinking plenty of water? Well, if you have kidney disease, this may not be the case. The reason for this is that kidneys that have been damaged cannot rid the body of excess fluid the way they normally would.
This is not a good situation because a buildup of excess fluid can cause swelling, heart failure, and high blood pressure. Too much fluid can also build up around your lungs, making it more difficult to breathe. Your doctor may have to limit your fluid intake and cut back on foods that contain too much water.
Restriction of phosphorous
Your bones are kept healthy by vitamin D and calcium. When your kidneys are in a healthy stage, they regulate the amount of phosphorous in your body. But phosphorous can build up in your blood when your kidneys aren’t functioning properly.
A buildup of excess phosphorous in your blood leads to the possibility of your bones breaking more easily. You don’t want that at all. If you do have kidney disease, you will have to definitely limit your intake of phosphorous for sure. Again, your physician or dietitian will make the call on this.
You’ll want to have foods lower in phosphorous such as: French bread or Italian bread, cream of wheat, rice cereal, popcorn with no salt, or soda that is not cola, but I prefer water. So you should avoid foods higher in phosphorous such as: sunflower seeds, nuts, oatmeal, bran cereals, sodas such as colas, and whole wheat bread.
Potassium is a mineral that your body requires and needs and is found in many foods. Why is potassium important? Because it is responsible for the functioning of your muscles. But excess potassium is not good for you. Levels that are too high or too low can cause problems with heart beats, cramping of your muscles, and weakness of your muscles as well. Your doctor will know what your potassium levels are through your labs.
With kidney disease, you’ll have to limit your intake of potassium. Your dietitian or physician should make the decision on this. Here are a few of the foods that you can have with lesser potassium content: Peppers, squash, cauliflower, radishes, onions, chicken, beef, grapes (my favorite), apples, strawberries, and cranberries are just a few of the foods that are healthy and don’t contain large amounts of potassium in them.
These are foods that are higher in potassium and should be limited: oranges, raisins, bananas, avocados, spinach, tomatoes, artichokes, potatoes, granola, beans, and brown rice. You should be careful with these if you do choose to have them because they contain more potassium than the previous ones listed.
Home solutions for kidney failure
Why watermelon? Because watermelon is low in potassium and phosphorous. It also is mostly made up of alkaline water and this aids in excreting your system of waste and toxic products that build up inside of your body. And here’s something good to know: kidney stones can actually be dissolved by having watermelon on a regular basis.
But be careful. I always mention this about fruit. Although it contains natural sugar, if you’re a diabetic you want to limit your intake of sugar so don’t overdo it. Too much sugar is toxic!
Cherries are an excellent choice to help the functioning of your kidneys. Cherries contain many beneficial nutrients such as: folate, vitamin K, vitamin C, magnesium, and citrate. You can decrease your risk of gout and arthritis by the citrate content in cherries that decreases the uric acid in your bloodstream. Cherries are also responsible for boosting your immune system and helping in speeding up the healing process.
If you’re having problems with failing kidneys and are experiencing nausea, drowsiness, pain, and fatigue you may want to turn to lemon juice for comfort. Lemon juice can help remove wastes and toxins and help deal with pain.
Because willow bark contains anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, it can aid in kidney failure. It boosts your immune system and helps your kidneys work better.
Dandelion root is not only beneficial for many ailments and diseases such as cancer, it is considered one of the best home remedies for kidney failure. Because of its mineral content of iron and zinc and its roots can treat kidney failure naturally and effectively.
One of my favorite drinks is green tea. It’s more beneficial to use fresh green leaves because of the content of plant oxidants. Two or three cups of green tea a day is recommended for poor kidney function or kidneys failing. It also helps prevent kidney stones. Green tea has many health benefits too because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Apple cider vinegar
This food is a powerhouse when it comes to health benefits because of its antibacterial properties. Apple cider vinegar has many nutrients. It helps in protecting them from damages and infections and helping to keep your kidneys healthy. It aids with bladder infections and is responsible for fast recovery times.
An Indian spice that treats many different ailments and is extremely beneficial for kidney failure. Because of its content of curcumin, turmeric is able to treat kidney infections and speed up your recovery process. I take turmeric every day.
It seems that exercise is all you ever hear about and with good reason. Your body needs to move to stay healthy. You have much less of a chance of ill health if you exercise at least somewhat. Even thirty minutes a day is better than zilch, wouldn’t you agree? Exercise helps get rid of waste and toxic products and improves your metabolism and aids in kidney stones, kidney disease, and kidney failure.
Kidney Disease with Diabetes is serious. Your kidneys are important. It goes without saying that your kidneys are crucial to your survival. It pays to take care of not only your kidneys, but your entire body because your body will take care of you in return. Your kidneys are worth your effort.
I’d like you to consider what I’ve said here but I cannot stress enough that you need to discuss everything with your doctor or health practitioner because they are the professionals. These are my opinions and are not offered as medical advice.
I would, however like you to leave any questions or comments that you have below. I would appreciate it. Thank you and please be healthy and take care!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API