It’s been researched that belly fat can be the cause of or be related to the cause of coronary heart disease and of course type 2 diabetes. You can either have a pear shape body which is having a narrower waistline and your hips carrying the weight, not your abdomen. Does Belly Fat Cause Diabetes?
What’s the Connection Between Belly Fat and Diabetes?
This doesn’t necessarily, but it can increase your risk of heart disease and diabetes, but you don’t want to worry about diabetes and belly fat. Or you can have an apple shape body which means you have a big waistline, large upper back, wide “butt”, and bigger in your chest area.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but not this isn’t the case when your body is the apple shape. Fat buildup in the belly area is the worst place in the body to carry this extra weight.
When you have this shape, you will high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and high blood sugar or low blood sugar. You don’t want to be at increased risk for stroke or heart attack, do you? The answer is no. You also don’t want to be tired all the time either.
Let’s Talk Numbers (BMI)
Let’s start with your numbers because that lets you know what point you’re at. It’s like getting on the scale when you need to know your weight. BMI (Body Mass Index) You want to measure the circumference of your waist. So get your tape measure and measure your waistline. Don’t cheat. Get an accurate number!
So here are the numbers and you should be aware and concerned if:
Men’s waist is more than 37″
Women’s waist is more than 31 1/2″
For men, you want to be concerned and take action if your waist size is over 40″ and for women over 34″
What Your BMI Number Means:
- Underweight= less than 18.5
- Normal weight= 18.5-24.9
- Overweight= 25-29.9
- Obese= 30 or more
Another way to calculate is to measure your height and your waist. Divide your waist by your height. If the number is 0.5 or less you’re good to go. Anything over means that it may indicate more than 50% belly fat.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Why We Get Fat – The Worldwide Outbreak
Can I lose belly fat? Well, yes. The obvious fact here is to not get belly fat and diabetes in the first place. So let’s see what is driving us to the fat farm, so to speak.
It begins with poor eating habits as a kid. It’s our parents, then us as parents setting a bad example for children. I’m not saying kids should miss out on all the “fun” things to have such as cake and candy and whatever else, but it shouldn’t be the main focus of what we eat as kids because it carries over to our adulthood if we don’t curb it early on. Nutrition should be key early on.
Lack of Exercise
We become lazy, no motivation, low self esteem, or are too “busy” to fit exercise into our schedules. Today’s technology, with tablets, phones, and computers, takes the place of time that as kids, we used as exercise. Being outdoors and playing and getting involved in sports was what kept us going. So it’s crucial to keep moving.
Yes one diet after another has been people’s solutions to losing weight, but instead we just get fatter. It should be all about learning how to eat right in the first place. While a “diet” may help lose weight temporarily, eating the right healthy foods will be the most beneficial and solve the problem of not having the belly fat or fat in general. Weight loss for diabetes is important. You need to keep your weight down.
Food is everywhere and let’s face it, food is very addicting. But while the junk food with all the sugars is what we crave, it’s because it’s there, tastes good, and not good for our health. Once we learn to “eat right” the junk foods won’t we calling your name anymore.
Come on now. Do you really think that there are pills or a pill that’s going to not make you get fat again? Take this and it helps you lose weight. I’ve been there. It just doesn’t happen that way. It’s just to mask the problem. You have to learn the correct ways to not get fat in the first place. No magic pills, sorry! But there are supplements that can help you in lowering your sugar and aiding in weight loss.
Watch the Video Below for Detailed Information about Losing Belly Fat
Foods that Combat Belly Fat
Foods that are Rich in Fiber
If you want to have less abdominal fat, then you should aim for 10 grams of soluble fiber daily. So the list of fiber rich foods should include: whole grains, legumes, and fruits and vegetables in general. With fruits such as apples, you want to eat the skin because that’s where your soluble fiber is.
You don’t want too much fiber, so be careful but make sure you drink enough water, approximately 6-8 glasses a day. You can also have apple cider vinegar mixed with honey. Spread your fiber meals throughout the day too. This will really help.
Water Content Foods
First off, anything with water will make you feel fuller. What’s one reason why fruits and vegetables are so good for you? The answer is: Low calories, and they contain much needed nutrients and water. When you consume these foods, your body will get the signal that you are full and therefore you will eat less.
Let me just list a few of these:
Because vegetables tend to satisfy your hunger better than munching on unhealthy snacks such as potato chips. Munching and crunching on carrots and celery sticks are better for you and contain water to help flush your fat out.
Because fruits are sweet they can satisfy your “sweet tooth” better with less sugar and calories than junk food does. And of course junk food is just that, junk.
Which Foods rev up Your Metabolism?
It contains capsaicin and this builds up the heat inside your body and when this occurs, energy is required and cayenne pepper aids in increasing your metabolism. I use capsaicin cream for pain and sunburns. It really works.
Green tea promotes weight loss and also aids in promoting fat burning and adding to the internal heat inside your body.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a great booster for metabolism, as well as baking soda is. You may want to mix it with a pinch of cayenne, some lemon juice, a little bit of cinnamon, and a drop or two of raw honey before drinking. I don’t like the taste of apple cider vinegar but I do mix it with various sugar free drinks and green teas because apple cider vinegar has the MOST benefits for your body than anything else that I know of.
Cinnamon and Coconut Oil
Cinnamon and coconut oil are very beneficial for you in many ways other than helping to raise your metabolism.
There are others, but these will help do the trick for now.
Measuring Success from Losing Your Belly Fat
Sure you are probably all excited about getting started and more importantly seeing weight-loss results. And there is nothing more motivating than actually seeing the results.
They will happen quickly, but patience is the key too. Here are a few things that will help you to stay positive and keep your expectations in line!
Do Not Weigh Yourself Every Day
This is a big one. It is really important not to weigh yourself every day when you are looking to actually see your progress. Why? Well because your body may be working at a different pace than you like it and just because you want to see that 3 pounds drop off right now, doesn’t mean that’s what is going to happen.
Usually when people lose weight it happens sporadically. It may be 7 or 8 pounds in the first few days because you are shocking your system, then it may be another week before a few more drop off.
This of course depends on how much you are drinking, what you are eating and how well your body is adjusting to eating the right foods to burn your belly fat. Rest assured though, if you stick with it, you will get your flat belly results and you’ll be addressing your diabetes too.
And when you do weigh yourself make sure you do it at the same time, usually first thing in the morning works great. Try weighing yourself once a week, this will surely put a huge smile on your face, motivate you and give your body a chance to burn off that tummy fat! There’s no better feeling.
This is a great way to motivate and ensure you are staying on track with trimming your flat belly. Think of how great it feels to slip on a pair of pants and find that you suddenly need a belt to hold them up!
Using the feel of your clothes is a great way to measure your progress, even better than the scale in my opinion. This removes some of the daily pressure and both you and your head know that if you are sticking to the plan, the weight will continue to fall off. That’s an awesome feeling!
How You Feel
Never underestimate your feelings when it comes to getting healthy and losing weight. As the weight drops off your energy levels will rise, you’ll naturally look at the world through a half-full glass and your positivity will reflect in everything you do. When you are feeling great you know your plan to reduce the extra fat in your abdomen is moving along nicely.
Comments from Others
Think of how fabulous it feels when another person comments on how great you look. This is awesome, right? Well this is pretty much a guarantee as you progress in the goal of getting rid of the excess abdominal fat and don’t be surprised when people see the difference and start noticing.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
I’m hoping I’ve helped you and that you enjoyed this article and that you can help trim the belly fat and diabetes. Thanks for reading my article: Does Belly Fat Cause Diabetes? Please, if you have any questions about diabetes and belly fat, please leave a comment below.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API