Is Vitamin D3 for Type 2 Diabetes a beneficial thing for you? Yes, absolutely. Vitamin D3 is beneficial for your body hands down. How many people are deficient in vitamin D? Numbers could be as high as 50%!
I only take two supplemental vitamins. B12 & D3! I take 4000 IU/daily. I’m in the sun more now living in Florida, but I don’t want to take a chance and not have enough of this super vitamin.
Why is Vitamin D3 so Healthy for you?
You really can’t take too much of it, but with 4000 IU’s, I’m ok. “D” is so important that it could be somewhat of “reversal” or “cure” for diabetes, but there are still many other things you must address as well, such as diet and exercise. It’s not just a “take a pill” kind of solution. Nice try. LOL
Just what does Vitamin D3 do?
Most people don’t realize they are deficient in this extremely important vitamin. The most important function of “D” is calcium. Mom used to say “Drink your milk, it builds strong bones!” Oh and I did drink my milk. We had so much milk delivered when I was growing up that we should have had our own cow! It was ridiculous! But too much of anything is no good for.
It helped me sleep at night too. So vitamin D3 is a fat soluble vitamin that aids in the absorption of calcium into your stomach. This helps to maintain the proper levels in your blood such as low blood sugar and high blood sugar which in turn help to promote bone growth and bone health and cholesterol as well.
I just want to mention that other functions are in assisting with your immune system, growth of cells, and controlling inflammation and high blood pressure. Maintain a healthy blood pressure. How important is your immune system? Well, it’s your body’s defense against stress and it protects you from illnesses and infections and aids in muscle functions.
Vitamin D can also help lower the risk for elderly folks in falling down. We sure don’t want to worry about that happening! You’ll want to watch your weight with diabetes too. This is something that should be a no-brainer! Keeping the weight down is important.
Vitamin D deficiency
Certain medical issues and medications can be caused by a “D” deficiency:
- Being obese which can add to back pain. You don’t want your body mass index to be over 30 because this could be a sign of low vitamin D levels. Get rid of the belly fat too.
- Age. With age, our skin’s ability is lessened to make vitamin D.
- Celiac disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Crohn’s disease……All three of these diseases prevent your intestines from absorbing enough “D”
- Being mobile. If you’re inactive, housebound, in a facility or rarely outside to get enough sunlight.
- Liver or kidney diseases. The body needs an enzyme to change vitamin D into a form that’s usable by your body and these two diseases reduce the amount of this enzyme.
- Color of skin. Lighter skin color makes vitamin D easier than darker colored skin.
- Cholesterol lowering drugs
- Weight loss drugs
You don’t want low levels of vitamin D3. Once you’re aware of it, you an address it knowing all the facts. It’s very unhealthy to be deficient in any vitamin, but this is the vitamin that can help you the most with so many diseases such as diabetes in my opinion. You also want to know your blood sugar numbers and monitor them closely with diabetes. And always check with your doctor before you do anything. This is common sense.
Sources of Vitamin D
The #1 and best source of vitamin D is the SUN! When you’re out and exposed to the sun, your skin produces vitamin D. It does make a difference as to the conditions as far as what season it is, where you’re located, what particular time of day that you’re out in the sun because the sun’s rays are strongest during the hours of 10 am and 3 pm. I see that very well living here in Florida. Your skin produces vitamin D when it’s exposed to the ultraviolet light that the sunlight gives off.
You ‘ll want to get between 15 minutes and 2 hours of sun exposure to your entire body (almost)daily if possible. You certainly don’t want to burn either. Darker skinned people might need closer to the 2 hour range.
So let’s remember too, that you don’t want to increase your risk of skin cancer, so using sunscreen with a SPF of a minimum of 30 is advised. If getting enough sunlight isn’t feasible, we can turn to other sources as alternates. They may not be as good as the sunlight, but at least you can still get your “D” that you desperately need.
Foods for Vitamin D
- Egg yolk
- Orange juice fortified with vitamin D
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar
This should get you started. These are rich in vitamin D3, but like everything else, don’t overdo it. Balance your meals. These shouldn’t be the only foods you eat.
Health issues for not enough and too much “D”
What happens if you don’t get enough of this vitamin? Low levels in children can result in rickets. Rickets is a defective mineralization or calcification of bones. In adults, there’s a disease called osteomalacia. (softening of the bones).
If either of these are not addressed and treated it can lead to bone pain, muscle pain, and soft brittle bones. This can be an extremely bad situation that nobody should experience. Please get enough vitamin D3! I take supplements too.
Here is a chart of what you should need daily:
- Children 1-3 years: 600 IU/daily-stay under 2500 IU/daily
- Children 4-8 years: 600 IU/daily-stay under 3000 IU/daily
- Anyone 9 and over: 800 IU/daily-stay under 4000 IU/daily
These aren’t the exact numbers that are written in stone, but this gives you a guide.
What happens if you get too much of vitamin D3?
- Weight loss
- Poor appetite
- Heart rhythm issues
- Kidney damage
Ok, this should be self explanatory, but I’ll say it anyway. Just get the correct amount of vitamin D3 and discuss it with your doctor. There’s too many consequences for being on the low or high end. Do it right, but do it.
How is vitamin D3 connected with type 2 diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes is associated with obesity. I’m sure you know that already. It’s no surprise to me, so it shouldn’t be to you either. So what happens? It’s more difficult for your body to link to vitamin D3. Many reports and studies have indicated that a high level of “D3” can protect against diabetes.
In a nutshell? A lack of insulin or an insensitivity to it results in type 2 diabetes.
- A higher level of vitamin D3 can mean a lower risk of type 2 diabetes.
- I take 4000 UI/daily of this vitamin and studies are ongoing with it’s benefits against diabetes too.
- Issues such as lower A1C levels, lower levels of LDL-C, improved blood pressure control, and higher levels of HDL-C are controlled by vitamin D3.
Vitamin D3 benefits
- Regulates our immune system which can help to fight off Covid -19.
- Lowers the risk of various types of cancers
- Reducing the risks of rheumatoid arthritis in females
- Aids in weight control and weight loss
- With a strong immune system it lessens problems with breathing and asthma conditions
- Superhero in protecting your bones
- Less brain and memory fog
I can’t say enough about this vitamin. It’s not one that is in many foods, but getting out in the sunlight has never been more important to your health. I try to get enough sun and here in Florida is fairly easy so I have no excuses. I get out on my bike most days and if I can’t get outdoors, then I hop on my exercise bike instead. Besides, wouldn’t you be happier with a sunny day than a cloudy rainy day? I know I would and I am!
I hoped you enjoyed this article because this is extremely important and I desperately wanted to share it with you. Vitamin D3 for Type 2 Diabetes is important for diabetes but if you find that you need additional help with your blood sugars, this will work! If you have any questions about Vitamin D3 and diabetes, please leave a comment below. I appreciate it. Thank you!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API