My Review of the Omron BP742N 5 Series
Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Best Blood Pressure Monitor for Home
Product: Omron BP742N 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Price: $ 39.00 USD
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon.com- Available on Amazon Prime!
Product dimensions: 124 x 161 x 90 inches ; 1.3 pounds
Item model number: BP742N
Warranty: 3 year
Personal rating: 9.5 out of 10
BP Level bar displays how your reading compares to normal home blood pressure levels
- Advanced Averaging automatically displays the average of up to the last three readings taken within the last 10 minutes
- Wide-Range D-Ring contoured cuff wraps the arm for a more comfortable measurement, fits standard and large adult arm circumferences from 9 to 17 inches
- Two user mode with 100 memory storage allows two users to track their readings with 50 memory storage for each person with date & time stamp
- Irregular heartbeat detector detects and alerts you of irregular heartbeats while your blood pressure is being measured
- Cuff fits arms from 9″-17″
- #1 blood pressure monitor recommended by pharmacists and doctors
- Includes two user modes to be shared with another user
- One button starter operation
- Increased memory storage for keeping track of last 100 readings for more than just one person
- Quick alert if irregular heartbeat is detected
- Will read your last three readings over ten minutes automatically
- Wide range D-ring cuff for comfortable fit
- Instruction manual with quick start guide
- Includes 4 AA batteries
- Extremely accurate
- Large digital display screen
- Designed for comfort
- Shows a BP indicator for risks
- Separate readings stored for multiple users
- Function for data averaging
- Compact and portable
- Excellent for using at home and also very accurate.
- Easy to read
- Very easy to use and without another’s help.
- Easy to adjust for different arm sizes.
- Some report occasional inaccurate readings
- Doesn’t come with ac adapter
- Difficult to adapt for people with thin hands
- Wireless connection to app isn’t reliable
Importance of checking your blood pressure
Your blood pressure is important because the higher your blood pressure is, your risk increases for further health problems down the road such as diabetes. Keeping your pressure down can help keep your diabetes at bay.
When you have high blood pressure, it increases strain on your heart and your arteries. Over a period of time, this strain can cause your arteries to become to become thicker and less flexible, and at the same time weakening them. You don’t want this to happen.
Click video below for more:
If your arteries should become less flexible and thicker then they will become narrower, which will make them more likely to become clogged up. If an artery becomes completely clogged up, or clotted, this can lead to a stroke, dementia, heart attack, or kidney disease and more.
In extreme rare cases, if your artery has become weakened, the extra strain may eventually lead to the artery bursting. This can also cause a heart attack or stroke. You do NOT want this. CHECK your blood pressure!
What should you be looking for when searching for the best blood pressure monitors?
As with any product today, there are always inferior, middle of the line and top notch choices. You’ll want to pick from a manual or digital blood pressure monitor. Digitals are extremely popular today and accurate, but you don’t have to rule out the manuals either.
So when you do make your choice, you’ll want to consider all the features of the top monitors. Consider how large your arm is first. The Omron blood pressure monitor cuff accommodates a wide variety of sizes. You want a monitor that is easy to operate and is accurate and that’s what the Omron 5 delivers.
Comparison between the Omron 5 and Omron 10:
Omron makes two different models that people can chooses from today and they are the Omron 5 series and the Omron 10 series.
A couple of differences between the Omron 5 series and the Omron 10 series are:
- Omron 10 provides multi-colored indicator lights that clearly shows difference when readings are being compared.
- Omron 10 stores more readings if it is connected to a smart phone.
Because of this a person needs to review each to see which model provides and will fit their individual needs. The Omron 5 is favorably my choice. This is as good as any of the monitors used in the hospitals some nurses have said. I did extensive research before I bought this Omron 5. I like the fact that it’s easy to use, compact, and the screen is easy to read and more affordable. But you can’t put a price on your health.
Your health is important and checking your blood pressure is an important part of that. Don’t wait to go to the doctor to have it checked. Have the convenience and relief of checking your pressure at home and knowing what it is anytime you want.