How Does Cayenne Pepper Benefit Diabetes?
There is also a huge link between cayenne pepper and diabetes. It also has tremendous benefits for your heart and your circulatory system too. Cayenne provides a substantial amount of minerals and vitamins which gives it the distinctive properties of healing, with it being specifically good for your digestive system. Cayenne pepper has been a popular medicine and spice that’s been used for hundreds of years.
People have been using cayenne pepper to lower their glucose levels for their diabetes. After eating a meal, it was discovered that cayenne pepper helped lower their blood sugar by controlling the amount of insulin, according to World Health Foods. Hot peppers contain an active ingredient known as capsaicin which can possibly decrease insulin and aid in neutralizing blood sugar levels.
Using spices is a much better alternate choice that salt and pepper because they control your blood sugar levels and assist in lowering your blood pressure as well. Spices such as cayenne pepper are used as seasonings, but with their antioxidant properties and vitamin C they provide overall benefits for your health. So cayenne pepper is a great choice for your spices.
You can “spice up your life” with seasonings such as cayenne and hot chili peppers that contain capsaicin by the improving and controlling the balance between the insulin and blood glucose in your body and making your cells that much more sensitive to insulin. What the “hot” capsaicin does is to “cool down” the inflammation. Inflammation is the enemy because of its connection with developing insulin resistance, being overweight, and diabetes.
This is the best cayenne pepper for helping your blood sugars and diabetes:
Capsaicin in the cayenne pepper also is beneficial for aiding your arteries and veins in getting their elasticity back. This can help normalize your blood pressure again. At the same time this helps improve your blood flow and specifically through your extremities which is where most of your high glucose complications come from. Capsaicin is wonderful for pain relief as well. I always use capsaicin creme or sometimes called Capzacin creme. It may burn a bit, but provides excellent results.
Cayenne can help in lowering your blood glucose levels and helping with diabetic neuropathy This is the condition that arises from high blood sugar levels and can result in pain, tingling, and numbness in your feet and hands. I know what the numbness is like because I have it in my feet everyday. Your nerve cells become starved of blood glucose and can cause pain and numbness.
When you have diabetes and are strict about your diet, you can cut your diabetic neuropathy by as much as 65%. The capsaicin in cayenne peppers exhausts the substance that causes pain, but will still allow for your body to have normal range of heat, pressures, and additional sensations. There really isn’t a medication that can provide what cayenne can for diabetics in knocking out the pain but yet still allowing your nerve endings without addiction or any side effects.
Cayenne Peppers Health Benefits
* Weight loss- Being overweight and following a current diet would be helped by consuming cayenne pepper because it helps with suppressing your appetite. You won’t have those cravings for salty, sweet, or fatty foods. This aids in significantly reducing your daily calorie intake. Additionally, cayenne pepper helps in burning the excess fat.
* Combats flu and colds- Cayenne pepper has many compounds to help in boosting your immune system including antioxidants and beta carotene. These aid in battling the foreign invaders. The cayenne can also help in breaking up the mucus from your sinuses, respiratory passages, and your nose.
* Blood clots- Your circulatory system is a large network of blood vessels and arteries that are responsible for the blood flow throughout your body. Cayenne pepper can help in preventing strokes and heart attacks because the capsaicin in the pepper aid in the cleaning of deposits from the body and it also can dilate your arteries too. This results in keeping your blood vessels away from clots.
While some folks take medications to thin their blood, it could become a serious situation because an injury may lead to excessive bleeding. If you’re a person who is at a lower risk for a stroke or a blood clot, then you may want to choose a cayenne supplement. This decision should always be made after you consult with your doctor first.
* Blood pressure- So not only can cayenne pepper help to prevent blood clotting and heart attacks, it also is responsible for lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol levels as well. The capsaicin blocks a specific gene that can possibly constrict your arteries. Blood pressure is so vital to be at a normal level for you because of the possibilities of numerous problems if your pressure is too high.
* Immune system- Your immune system is your defense against the outside world of germs out to get you. It protects you from disease and ill health so it’s vital to have your immune system in the best working condition possible. The antioxidants and beta carotene in cayenne peppers help to strengthen your system and fight off nasal congestion and other symptoms related to the flu. You will begin to sweat it out because the cayenne helps to raise the temperature of your body.
* Pain reliever- There are over the counter ointments and creams that actually contain the capsaicin that comes from the cayenne pepper. It is the capsaicin that reduces the amount of a “peptide substance” that helps to deliver pain “signals” to the nerve endings to your brain. This is why capsaicin works so well for pain. As I mentioned before I use Capzacin creme because it works that well for pain.
The suggestion for treatment for pain with using capsaicin is to apply it up to four times a day to the area and use sparingly because putting too much on may burn and make it a very uncomfortable feeling to say the least! Never apply this to any open wound or cut skin!
* Allergies- Those of us who have allergies and food tolerances can be helped by cayenne pepper because it works as a natural anti-inflammatory. It also helps to prevent leaky gut syndrome which occurs when protein and other food products get past your intestines and into your body and therefore will cause inflammatory responses.
* Psoriasis- I’ve had psoriasis before and it’s no picnic. It is an auto-immune disorder of the skin that will cause itchiness, a disfiguration, and pain and occurs when your skin cells reproduce too fast and result in unsightly, white scale, patches that become swollen on your skin. Yuck! Research showed that using a topical cream containing capsaicin will notably reduce the scales and swelling but could take up to six weeks to occur.
* Migraines- Ow! These headaches are still around and way too common these days. This has to do with the blood flow in the head. If this should occur often, you may want to have cayenne pepper when this happens. It’s very interesting as to how the cayenne affects your headache. The taste of this spice forces your brain to respond to the opposite side of the migraine so the pain decreases.
* Joint pain- The capsaicin creme has anti-inflammatory properties that have great results when it comes to arthritis and joint pain. I always recommend to people to try the capsaicin creme because it really works in alleviating the pain.
* Cancer prevention- In multiple studies the capsaicin in the cayenne peppers showed the ability in inducing the killing of cancer cells. It also revealed that it can stop the cancer cells from spreading in the body. And capsaicin also was beneficial in treating other cancers such as prostate, colon, breast, and lung.
* Metabolism- It’s important to boost your metabolism and cayenne can certainly do that. This capsaicin is a compound known to produce additional heat in the body and burn more calories and more fat during this process. You can boost your metabolic rate and suppress your appetite.
* Longer life- Researchers found that people who consumed spicy foods had almost a 15% chance of extending their lives than those who didn’t. They also revealed that these foods resulted in reduced death rates from other issues such as respiratory disease.
* Vitamins- Vitamin C is helpful in fighting off the flu and the common cold. Vitamin A is necessary for having skin that is healthy and good vision and nerve function for your eyes. Vitamin E helps in slowing down your aging process, controlling your cholesterol levels and aiding in the proper function of your organs. These vitamins all come from cayenne pepper.
This cayenne pepper tops all the others for helping your type 2 diabetes:
Side Effects of Cayenne Pepper
It is possible that it could upset your stomach. If this happens then try a capsule supplement instead. What this will do is to allow it to be digested even deeper into your digestive system. This avoids contact with the esophagus where common stomach and heartburn issues exist.
Basically, you shouldn’t have side effects with cayenne pepper but one thing you definitely want to avoid is to be touching your eyes. This will make them burn and you don’t want that! Do not take cayenne pepper everyday. Read the directions if you’re taking a supplement and by all means discuss this with your doctor first!
Be wise and use common sense. Don’t ever overdo it. Let the doctor tell you what amount is safe. I hope you have learned something about the connection between cayenne peppers and diabetes and the benefits and how they can help lower your sugar.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below!
Please forward this article to others who may need help by sharing on social media below and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I do appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy one!