Is Coconut Oil for Diabetes?
Is Coconut Oil for Diabetes? I’m sure that you’ve heard of coconut oil. Ok, most folks have heard of it but don’t know how beneficial it is for you. What are the benefits of coconut oil for diabetes? I shall get into that shortly along with the many other wonderful benefits of what it provides for your health. The coconut palm tree is an awesome tree growing between 60 and 70 feet tall and give live upwards of 60+ years. Coconuts are used in cosmetic production and medicinal purposes.
Coconut oil has so many awesome benefits for your health. It’s used in helping your skin look healthy and glowing and it aids in making healthier and stronger hair. It’s also used in cooking recipes. If you start taking it daily, you can detoxify your body.
How does it help control heart disease? Because it’s high in saturated fats it increases the healthy cholesterol (HDL) and at the same time converting the bad cholesterol (LDL) into good cholesterol. This promotes a healthy heart and lowers the risk of heart disease.
Coconut Oil and Type 2 Diabetes Connection
This oil helps control cravings and hunger. When you’re overweight and have blood sugar problems, you want to learn about anything that will help this issue. While this substance is so good for you, the most important benefits are for diabetes as far as I’m concerned. Once you start refraining or cutting back on refined carbohydrates and refined sugars thereby increasing healthy saturated fats, you can start reversing your diabetes.
When studies were done from previous societies of people who had many of their caloric intake from saturated fats from coconut oil, it showed that diabetes was very rare back then. This oil is your protection against the resistance of insulin.
Coconut oil is the closest thing to a diabetes drug. It’s a natural food with natural fatty acids that help regulate blood sugar. Do you think that it’s cheaper than the medications that you are taking? The purpose of my website is to try and control blood sugars naturally so if coconut oil can help do that why wouldn’t you take it? You would. I do because it’s naturally healthy for you anyway and has so many benefits that it just makes sense to make it part or your daily life.
Let’s Get to the Additional Benefits
- Weight loss. It boosts your metabolism. Coconut oil can help reduce your appetite and make you eat less without trying too hard. It can also help you lose fat, especially the abdominal fat. Who doesn’t want that? I know I do!
- Builds and maintains muscle.
- Protects the functions of your organs. It aids in clearing up kidney infections and healing nasty urinary tract infections. Good to know.
- Aids in digestion. It absorbs magnesium and calcium and these two fat soluble vitamins help with the digestion process. You don’t want trouble with digesting.
- Risk of seizure reduction. A ketogenic diet can treat epilepsy in children because of large amounts of fat and little carbohydrates which increases ketones in the blood.
- Treats arthritis and inflammation too. Because of the high levels of antioxidants, this reduces the inflammation. Inflammation is never good no matter what the health issue is.
- Treat Alzhemier’s disease and memory improvement. The digestion of medium chain triglycerides by your liver creates ketones for an instant brain energy. This is now the insulin the brain requires since it no longer produces its own. Anything you can do to prevent Alzheimer’s is well worth it, wouldn’t you agree?
- Cholesterol. It helps by increasing the HDL and LDL levels. Much more with HDL levels, but consume in moderation only. You want the HDL levels up.
- Shaving, really? Yuppers! It’s cheaper than buying shaving cream separately and doesn’t contain the chemicals that shaving cream has.
- Goodbye bacteria. The intake of coconut oil forms a monoglyceride (monolaurin) and reacts to enzymes thus killing off bacteria and very harmful pathogens. I’m kind of a germ freak myself. I hate germs period, no matter what they are.
- How does it help your pancreas? Because the medium chain triglycerides are extremely easy to digest, they don’t require the pancreatic enzymes to be broken down. Less stress on any organ is a plus!
- Skin complexion and makeup remover. Research has revealed that the oil can improve the lipid content and moisture of your skin.
- Shampoo and hair growth. Since coconut oil contains fatty acids, it improves the conditions of dandruff, dry hair, and protects against hair damage.
- Sunscreen. It can help block about 20% of the ultraviolet rays from the sun.
- Bug repellent. Mosquitoes don’t like the strong aroma of essential oils such as tea tree, eucalyptus, citronella, lavender, peppermint, or coconut oil so they tend to stay far away as soon as they pick up their scent. Get a coconut oil based repellent.
- Boosts immune system. Coconut oil is a powerful anti-viral agent. It’s a great way to keep your immune system strong all year round and especially during the winter when cold and flu viruses run rampant. A variety of studies find that coconut oil may help fight a huge variety of harmful viruses.
- Sex. In the bedroom it can have quite a positive effect. Great as a moisturizer, anti bacterial and anti fungal which aids in the prevention of yeast infections. Careful with latex condoms because of the possibility of the latex weakening and you don’t want a surprise 9 months later! Do you? Careful with the sex!
- Reduces the risk of cancer and HIV. Since tumor cells require glucose for energy, once you digest the coconut oil, the ketones have energy the your body can utilize but the tumor cells cannot.
- Slows down your aging process. Coconut oil replenishes the nutrients back into your skin. It will help in clearing up all the skin cells that are dead and this leaves the skin feeling clean and soft. If you want to try coconut oil as a moisturizer, just begin with a small amount. This will help your skin and you may look younger.
- Oral health. Cleaning your mouth to rid it of all the bacteria can be done by swishing the coconut oil in your mouth for twenty minutes a day, three times a week.
- Chapped lips. You can make your lips softer, smoother, and more appealing because the dryness will be cured due to the moisture in the minerals in coconut oil.
Coconut Oil and Weight Loss
So there are ways that coconut oil can help you to lose weight. It will help digest food slower and as a result you’ll feel fuller for a longer period of time. It makes curbing your appetite easier. There is also the benefit of controlling your blood sugar levels. Keeping the snacks from calling your name is a definite help! Here’s where you can find benefits of MCT oil vs. coconut oil.
Calories and fat start burning faster. You will spend less time at the gym exercising by seeing results quicker from boosting your metabolism more.Your body’s metabolic rate can increase by as much as 46% and for up to a period of one full day.
Coconut oil destroys candida which is a condition of the overgrowth of yeast. This can cause you to increase your weight, feeling fatigued, and giving you the irresistible urge to binge snack on carbohydrates. You want production of energy, not added fat. Medium chain fatty acids that are in coconut oil are broken down in your liver faster and are burned for fuel.
Coconut oil is superb for your body but as the old saying goes, “too much of anything is no good for you.” So exercise caution and common sense by taking the correct portion size. One teaspoon a day is sufficient. You’re introducing something new into your body so let it get used to it first. You can up the dosage to between one and six tablespoons as you feel necessary. Make sure you don’t get any side effects such as diarrhea and if so just slow it down at first. Coconut oil can last up to two years.
So is coconut oil for diabetes? Yes it is and also for your overall health in general.While there are many benefits to coconut oil, please use common sense and check with your doctor first. It is a wonderful “food” that is very good for you and diabetes and weight loss specifically.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Below!
Please forward this article to others who may need help and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy one!