Spices for Diabetes can be very beneficial. They are great for food enhancement. But they provide other health benefits too. There are spices for diabetes that can help your blood sugars and aid in controlling your diabetes. Let’s see what they are and how they are beneficial:
Which Spices are Beneficial for Helping Diabetes?
1) Aloe Vera
It is so effective that daily usage can lower your blood sugar levels by almost 50% within two months or so. What it actually does is it detoxifies your body and this in turn rids the excess glucose from your bloodstream.
This wonderful plant has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful antioxidant that aids in other health problems such as infections, wounds, and ulcers that are related to diabetes. It boosts the secretion of insulin in your body resulting in tolerating diabetes much easier. And there are no adverse side effects in treating diabetes with aloe vera.
When you have diabetes high blood pressure is another concern along with high blood sugar. 66% of diabetics may have hypertension. When you consume foods such as olive oil, tomatoes, and salads, basil can add to the nutritional value with its flavonoids. So basil can help with lowering your blood sugars and blood pressure.
3) Bitter Melon
There’s been many researches done on the effects on blood sugar levels due to consuming bitter melon. It actually acts as a “substitute” for insulin by decreasing your appetite and blood glucose. One study done revealed that folks taking 2,000 mg of bitter melon a day had their blood sugar lowered considerably.
It wasn’t the same result as taking 1000 mg of the popular diabetes drug Metformin, but still comparable. Still, bitter melon does help with your blood sugars.
Insulin resistance can be a major factor to having high blood glucose levels. Your cells have to let your insulin get into them from your bloodstream and when your sugar is high, your cells are resistant and won’t let the insulin in. That’s where bitter melon comes in and may lower your insulin resistance level.
The top benefit of chamomile tea is that it benefits you by removing the sugar from your bloodstream and storing in into your liver. This definitely helps to prevent difficulties from diabetes.
Cinnamon studies have linked it to lowering your blood sugar by reducing insulin resistance. In some research studies it’s been shown to reduce blood sugar levels by as much as 24% and cholesterol by 18%.
My thoughts are that if cinnamon does anything to help with lowering blood sugar and any other health benefits, it’s worth it. It can’t hurt unless you overdo it and you don’t want to do that with anything when it comes to your health.
Modern scientific researches have indicated that the therapeutic doses of cumin may also have positive effects in blood sugar control in people who have diabetes. The two aforementioned studies denote that cumin may have some positive effects on diabetes and blood sugar control.
You can enjoy the benefits of cumin for diabetes by simply using it as a spice in your cooking. You can also take it as tea. Cumin also comes in tablets and pills as forms of supplements.
7) Dandelion Root
Dandelion is really a multivitamin when you look at everything it has for your body. Anyone who was a natural healer years ago kept dandelion root in their medical supply because it was an herb that was necessary for health treatments. Dandelion also contains extremely powerful phytochemicals that have a healing effect and an extreme cleansing effect on your body.
There has been research done with dandelion root supplements and they show evidence of treating diabetes by lowering your blood sugar. Some remedies and practices use dandelion as a natural cure for diabetes. Drinking dandelion tea daily has been shown to stabilize and control your blood sugar.
It’s the seeds in the fenugreek plant that provide all the benefits. They contain an amino acid that possibly stimulates the secretion of insulin from your pancreas. So it’s second job is to reduce insulin resistance. There are some components called fenugreekine and alkaloids that may help to interfere by blocking the transporting of glucose.
The seeds help in the slowing down your absorption process of carbohydrates and then finally they aid in the delaying time of your stomach feeling empty. The final result is having less amounts of sugar in your bloodstream.
Fenugreek can also increase the amount of receptors for insulin in your red blood cells and can also aid your peripheral tissues to better utilize your glucose. By having your pancreas secrete more insulin and having your body tissues to use it better, you are lowering your blood sugar levels which is what it’s all about.
Watch the Video for More about Spices for Diabetes
Garlic helps regulate blood sugar levels and increases insulin release in people with diabetes. Allicin which is a compound produced when garlic is crushed or chopped, helps increase the amount of insulin being released in the blood. It does this by actually blocking the liver’s inactivation of insulin.
This makes even more insulin available for your body. This works for me. Anything that battles diabetes is right by me. Fighting diseases such as diabetes is better done by natural methods than taking medications.
You want to reduce your insulin resistance. You can take a ginger supplement and decrease your insulin resistance level by 10%. It’s recommended by scientists that if you have type 2 diabetes, then you should be taking at least 3 grams daily for a minimum of two months to receive the benefits.
Studies that have been concluded after a month show that the phytochemicals in ginger are able to lower your blood sugar levels. By taking ginger, you will lower your blood sugar, but helping to control and to maintain it as well.
You don’t want your glucose levels spiking or constantly going up and down. Ginger helps maintain your levels.
11) Milk Thistle
You can help your blood sugars and diabetes with milk thistle by adding it to your healthy diet and exercise regimen. It can help lower your blood sugars, improve your cholesterol and insulin resistance.
Peppermint can lower your blood sugars and again help your diabetes control. BUT make sure you do so under your doctor’s care because it can cause LOW blood sugars and that’s dangerous!
Rosemary is another herb that can be beneficial for getting those blood sugars down. It is loaded with compounds that are healthful and that combat diabetes. Lab tests have shown very positive results.
There has been research performed with sage tea and sage extract that resulted in lower blood glucose levels.It’s the leaves of sage that provide the benefit for diabetics.
Turmeric is found in the spice curry and while it’s known for its taste, it has the most unbelievable health benefits.
Since turmeric has active compounds that have very powerful medicinal properties, one of them being curcumin, which is the most important one, it’s beneficial because it is an extremely strong antioxidant and because of its anti-inflammatory effects and lowers your blood sugar.
So here are the 15 spices for diabetes that help the most with lowering your blood sugar and aiding with insulin resistance. Don’t forget to run everything by your healthcare provider first.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- ✔️ DARIO BLOOD GLUCOSE - Blood sugar monitor system starter kit for iPhone connector includes a glucometer, 25 test strips, 10 sterile lancets and 10 disposable covers. So you can start testing quickly.
- ⚠️⚠️ ⚠️ PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS COMPATIBLE before purchasing: Supported iOS phones: 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, Xs, Xs Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE 2020, 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro Max. iOS Operating System: 12, 13, 14 Application version – 4.9.0 Please do not buy open box, product is a medical device and must be in new closed packaging from Dario.
- ✔️ NO BATTERIES NEEDED - Blood Sugar Testing - With a tiny drop of blood and a thin 30 ga lancet is all it takes to measure on your phone within 6 seconds.
- ✔️ The Dario App (Available USA only) - You are able to monitor and track your progress and share it with your doctor using your smartphone.
- ✔️ NO CODING Needed for the blood sugar meter - Simply plug the tiny meter to your phone and download the Dario app. Unlimited Historical Data - Email your doctor trend reports - Emergency text with GPS.
- Daily Complex: Nature’s Nutrition Blood Sugar Support contains 20 powerful ingredients like cinnamon bark, chromium, bitter melon, banaba leaf and more
- Cinnamon Bark: Cinnamon is a powerhouse of antioxidants that support blood sugar in the body
- Chromium: Chromium is an essential trace element because very small amounts of chromium are need to give natural support
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Alpha Lipoic Acid is an Essential Antioxidant. Because Many Foods Contain Small Amounts of Ala, Taking a Supplement Can Support Overall Wellbeing
- Related: Blood Sugar Support advanced alpha lipoic acid balance banaba leaf berberine bitter melon capsules cayenne pepper chromium cinnamon bark powder d day extract fast for glucose health help herbal herbs high juniper berry leaf low magnesium manganese men mg natural naturally natures nature's nutrition of quickly suger suport supplement supplements supply taurine ultra vitamin vitamins weight with without women yarrow flowers zinc
Last update on 2021-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API