Dandelion Root-The Secret Ingredients
Dandelion? You mean the “weed” dandelion? What is the connection between dandelion root and diabetes? You wouldn’t think that a weed could have any health benefits, but think again. I remember growing up and dandelions were just weeds that I had to take care of. But they are way more than just weeds. I want to reveal to you just how powerful the ingredients that dandelion has and how it can help to lower your blood sugar.
When I look back now at what I believed to be weeds and think about now what a weed has as far as health benefits, it’s nothing short of amazing. Dandelion is actually an herb that’s bitter and loaded with vitamins A,B,C, and vitamin D. It also contains the minerals potassium, iron, and zinc.
Can you actually believe that dandelions have more vitamin C than tomatoes do? It’s true. Now I love spinach, but dandelion has an equal amount of iron, four times the amount of vitamin A, and even more protein than spinach does! That shocks me because I love spinach and it is extremely healthy for you too.
Dandelion is really a multi-vitamin when you look at everything it has for your body. Anyone who was a natural healer years ago kept dandelion root in their medical supply because it was an herb that was necessary for health treatments. Dandelion also contains extremely powerful phytochemcials that have a healing effect and an extreme cleansing effect on your body.
This is the best dandelion root product that can help you with the fight against type 2 diabetes and many other health issues. I personally take this everyday! Click below to get now!
In the past for many years the Native American people would boil dandelion in water and used it to treat a wide range of health problems including skin problems, kidney disease, upset stomach, liver issues. In other countries it was used to treat appendicitis, diarrhea, and diabetes.
The Benefits of Dandelion Root
* Diuretic- Dandelion root as a diuretic? Yes! It works this way by decreasing fluid retention and increasing your production of urine. It accomplishes this by increasing the amount of salt and water that your kidneys excrete. Always check with your doctor before taking dandelion root as a supplement to be on the safe side.
* Water weight- You can have dandelion root tea to help reduce water weight if you are susceptible to retaining water. It’s the root of the dandelion plant that is responsible for getting rid of the extra water weight. Any weight that we can reduce, we’ll take, right? 🙂
* Coffee- If you are an extreme coffee drinker and need to cut back or cut out coffee, you can use the roasting of dandelion roots as a substitute. You can get it at a health food store or even make your own.
* Liver- If you look at the ingredients of supplements for liver support, you will notice that dandelion is often an ingredient listed. Why is this? It’s because this plant has antioxidants that keeps your liver from aging and keeps it operating at top peak levels. Your liver is so important so keep it healthy.
And guess what else? Hemorrhaging in the liver can be decreased by the compounds it contains. And not only that, it can reduce the chances of constipation and may help to slow down the advancement of cirrhosis of the liver as well.
*Jaundice- Dandelion can aid in clearing up jaundice which is when your skin and eyes appear “yellow.” This occurs when your liver is not functioning properly and you have too much bilirubin and bile. Try having about six cups of dandelion juice a day. Drinking plenty of water is always a necessity and smart thing to do for your body. Six to eight glasses will do.
* Cancer killer- This wonderful plant (and all this time t’s been called a weed) is very rich in antioxidants that decrease the free radicals that cause cancer growth throughout your entire body and at the same time reducing any chances of the cells changing that could possibly lead to cancer. This is huge and for that reason in particular, I take (3) 525 mg supplement capsules daily.
There is a specific compound found in dandelion called luteolin. This can have a favorable effect on certain elements of the cancer cells by attaching to them and render them useless so that they cannot reproduce.
* Immune system- You need to have a strong immune system. You can help support your circulatory and blood systems with dandelion root. This powerhouse plant helps to encourage a immune system to be healthier and aid in a total overall improvement in your health with the necessary nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants that it contains. Eat right and exercise to keep your immune system strong.
* Blood pressure- If you want to get your blood pressure down, it can be done by your urination increasing. This is why a lot of blood pressure meds have diuretics in them. They help in excreting your urine and lowering your blood pressure at the same time. Since dandelion is high in fiber, it lowers your cholesterol and your blood pressure as well.
* Gall bladder- It’s very beneficial for your body when organs work together and that’s just what your liver and gall bladder do. I wouldn’t know about the gall bladder anymore since I had mine out but anyway. Dandelion can help to improve excretions from your gall bladder and liver as well and helps improve the bile production from your liver and reduce inflammation.
If you want to keep your gall bladder, then stay away from fried and fatty foods. Eventually it will catch up to you as it did to me fifteen years ago.
* Heart disease- As dandelion treats lowering cholesterol and lowering blood pressure, it also can slow down or even reverse cardiovascular disease. So while it has antioxidants that are very powerful, it does fight free radicals that can cause problems with your nervous system and a higher blood pressure which can possibly add to a cause of increased plaque in your arteries. You want to get rid of any plaque buildup in your arteries.
* Skin health- You want your skin to look good don’t you? You should because it’s the largest organ in your body but the only one that is on the outside and visible to everyone. You want your skin to be clear and look good. Dandelion can help you achieve this because of its content of zinc and magnesium and benefit of helping in detoxification. It can be used topically in applications. You can also take a dandelion supplement or dandelion tea as well. Treat your skin well. You have a lot of it!
* Urinary Tract Infections- How common are UTI’s? They happen all too often. This happens with retention of water. This is where dandelion root comes in. Because it acts as a natural diuretic it can treat and also prevent UTI’s. Do what you can to avoid them. Dandelion root can help.
* Pain relief- You can give aspirin and other pain relief choices a break. If you take dandelion root on a regular basis, it can reduce inflammation. the result will be a remarkable pain relief for you.
* Feeling low- If you’re depressed and feeling down in the dumps, then dandelion can help with wide variety of vitamins to enhance your mood. Depression can actually come from inflammation and being deficient in nutrients. Dandelion can give you relief from depression with its anti-inflammatory properties. Depression and mood swings can really take a toll on your health.
* Weight loss- You can get rid of some of those extra pounds with dandelion. Again, they are a natural diuretic that will help with water weight especially. Dandelions are low in calories and they can be used as sugar substitutes since they are not packed with sugars that are not healthy for you. And the more urine that you excrete, the more weight you lose as well. Pee it out!
* Anemia- If you’re suffering from anemia, then you’ll want to have dandelion root since it’s rich in vitamins, iron, and protein. Dandelion also has two times as much beta carotene content than carrots do. It’s high in zinc too which is a big plus.
Dandelion Root and Diabetes
There has been research done with dandelion root supplements and they show evidence of treating diabetes by lowering your blood sugar. Some remedies and practices use dandelion as a natural cure for diabetes. Drinking dandelion tea daily has been shown to stabilize and control your blood sugar. Please discuss with your physician first!
Nature’s Way Dandelion Root that helps you fight against type 2 diabetes and many other health issues. I personally take this everyday! Click below to get now!
Side Effects and Caution
Women should exercise caution if pregnant, consult your doctor FIRST before you do anything. Dandelion is not a replacement for medications! Always discuss this with your physician first!
Anyone with allergic reactions to marigold, ragweed, or chrysanthemums might have to avoid dandelion because they are all in the identical family.
Do you have any problems with your gall bladder or liver? If so, consult your physician first. He or she may want to discuss a possible blockage of your bile ducts. In that case, dandelion should be avoided.
If you’re on medications, you want to make sure that there are no conflicts or interactions with dandelion and also because dandelion is a diuretic, it increases the excreting of the drugs you are taking from your body.
The information that I provide on my website is purely based on my own personal experience and subsequent research into the diabetes disease. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice,diagnosis and treatment. Care and investigation should always be sought from an appropriate health care provider. I am happy to discuss my own symptoms, diagnosis and history of my diabetes disease but want to stress that I am not medically trained in any way. All opinions on my website are my own. I have created this site as a way to share information and experiences.
Dandelion root and diabetes need to be together because dandelion root aids in lowering blood sugar which is good for your diabetes and is very healthy for you, whether you take it as a supplement or as dandelion root tea. Dandelion root is one thing that helps with glucose levels.
Yes, Let’s Start Fighting Diabetes With Dandelion Root!
Please forward this article to others who may need help and please share on social media below and leave any questions or comments you may have as well. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy one!