Can Inflammation Cause Diabetes? Inflammation is your system that is exceptional for fighting off any type of foreign invader such as toxic chemicals, viruses, germs, and any other “invader” to your body that doesn’t belong there. Inflammation is a normal body function. It also helps to repair any injuries and fights infections. Your systems need to be healthy.
Why is Chronic Inflammation Dangerous?
SUGAR! It’s the high blood sugar levels that provoke the inflammation that do the damage to your vessels. Sugar is bad news!
If you experience some kind of cut, your body releases white blood cells to whatever particular part of your body has been injured and the “chemicals” they carry help to protect you.
Research has been done that when even the smallest irritation that is caused by let’s say high blood pressure or high glucose signal your immune system to immediately spring into action and to its job.
You can have a “response” from inflammation that can make any plaques you have more prone to possibly rupturing and this is bad because this is when your organs may possibly get destroyed and/or damaged. It’s vital to have your organs in good working order otherwise you will not function in your daily life.
Chronic inflammation is not good at all. It’s very dangerous if you have diabetes and heart disease. It can derive from infections, chemicals, allergies, food that isn’t healthy for you, and of course stress.
There’s no doubt that inflammation and diabetes are connected. Folks who develop diabetes type 2 are most likely overweight, are insulin resistant, and suffer from chronic inflammation. There are millions of Americans suffering from type 2 diabetes more and more each year.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
There are many scientists who have been aware of these people who have immune responses that are way overactive and this leads to chemicals that are inflammatory in their bodies. One of the most important issues with diabetes and inflammation is to not be overweight and take care of your body.
Studies were done to show that it isn’t just insulin resistance and inflammation that are cause of diabetes. There are also issues in the environment and genetics that play a part in developing type 2 diabetes.
A very important study showed that medications that decreased insulin resistance did not really have any effect on the levels of inflammation, according the American Medical Association. This is interesting to note that they do not have a connection.
We know that high blood sugar levels are just not good at all for our health. This can lead to so many bad health problems. You do not want chronic inflammation! You should be checking your blood glucose levels regularly. The best thing to do is to follow a proper diet and exercise routine.
An anti-inflammatory diet may be the answer. But a diet that is regular consumption of healthy foods will help. The wrong foods are the main reason to point to for diabetes and inflammation as far as I’m concerned.
Almost anything can be reversed and turned in the right direction and this is no different. You just have to make up your mind that it’s time to rid yourself and diabetes and all the complications and negative things that come with it. Food is medicine and I truly believe it. I’d like to talk about how to fight inflammation next.
Check Out the Video About Chronic Inflammation
20 – Tips for Fighting and Winning Against Inflammation
1) Olive Oil
One thing that is extremely healthy for you is olive oil. This plant based fat is heart healthy and beneficial for inflammation. One of the reasons a Mediterranean diet is healthy for you is because olive oil is such a big part of the diet.
2) Red Meat
You want to limit your intake of red meats high in fat such as bologna, salami, sausage and bacon, and prime rib because the high content of saturated fat will increase your inflammation.
3) Whole Grains
It’s a wise choice to have whole grain starches such as fresh vegetables and fruits. They provide a huge amount of minerals and vitamins that are absolutely necessary to keep you healthy and also improve your health as well. The more colorful the fruits and vegetables the better. Pick a variety each week so that you get enough of everything you need.
While exercise can possibly cause short term inflammation, it is normal. Sticking to a healthy diet will help in keeping this particular inflammation under control. The bigger concern is chronic inflammation from a poor diet and stress. Also improper exercise can add to this. You want to reduce your inflammation as this will help you with training more consistently.
5) Avoid These Foods
These are the foods you mostly want to either cut down on or avoid altogether:
- Snack foods- Chips, pretzels, crackers, etc.
- Alcohol- Too much alcohol is no good
- Carbs that are refined- Basically anything white such as white breads and white pasta
- Trans fats- Read the ingredients lists and stay away from anything partially hydrogenated
- Specific oils- Soybean, corn, and vegetable oils are not good
- Beverages with sugar- Any fruit juices and drinks with sugar
- Desserts- All the goodies that aren’t good for you including candy, ice cream, cake, and cookies
6) Have These Foods
These are some of the foods you definitely want to eat:
- Nuts- Any nuts especially walnuts and almonds
- Chocolate- Dark chocolate
- Green tea
- Fruit- cherries and grapes
- Spices- Fenugreek, turmeric, cinnamon
- Red wine
- Vegetables-Kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli
- Fatty fish-Mackerel, sardines, salmon
There are particular foods that can be boosted by the effect of anti-inflammatory supplements which include curcumin and fish oil.
It’s obvious that sleep is crucial to your health and survival. If you are not sleeping well at night then it is increasing your inflammation.
9) Tart Cherries
According to the Oregon Health and Science University, tart cherries contain the highest content of anti-inflammatory of any food. They are beneficial for athletes in speeding up the recovery from any intense workouts they go through.
10) Green Vegetables
Dark green leafy vegetables are so important for fighting inflammation. Vitamin E is a key in protecting your body against something called cytokines which are molecules that are pro-inflammatory. The best sources of vitamin E are dark green leafy veggies such as kale, Swiss chard, spinach, and broccoli.
(These last two are my favorites) These all contain the highest concentration of nutrients including iron, calcium, and flavonoids that fight against diseases.
11) Onions and Garlic
There are compounds in garlic that can decrease the producing of substances in your blood that raise levels of inflammation. Onions contain a flavonoid known as quercetin which also impedes inflammation and arthritis.
12) Oral Hygiene
By following up on your oral hygiene, your brushing and flossing will be great for your health but also helps prevent the bad bacteria in your mouth from getting into your bloodstream and activating inflammation.
A short time period of meditation in the morning and just before you go to sleep aids in calming your stomach down. This leads to less inflammation. Excess stress can promote inflammation and help weaken your immune system. Meditation soothes your mind and eases you so try it.
If you like spices with your food, then good. Spices such as rosemary, ginger, turmeric, and basil help because they are anti-inflammatory boosters, so spice up!
15) Processed Foods
These foods are just not good for you. Processed foods offer little or no nutritional value for you and are packed with trans fats, gluten, sugar and others that can set off chronic inflammation from an immune response.
16) Losing Weight
Shedding those extra pounds is healthy for so many reasons. Fat cells are your biggest enemy! They add fuel to the inflammation fire. Unfortunately the fat cells produce a hormone which is responsible for this action.
Physicians prescribe medications all the time. Unless they are absolutely necessary, it’s a wise choice to not take them. While antibiotics may be good, they kill both good and bad bacteria which destroy your balance of bacteria and this will lead to chronic inflammation.
Color means a lot when it comes to foods because the more colorful they are the healthier they are. These foods are high in antioxidants and are rich in capsaicin. This chemical reduces pain and inflammation.
The first clue that this vegetable offers such great health benefits is its rich red color. The antioxidant properties protect against heart disease and cancer and can totally reduce inflammation.
20) Turmeric and Ginger
These two spices are excellent when it comes to reducing inflammation and being rich in antioxidants.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Can Inflammation Cause Diabetes? Inflammation can be the cause of diseases such as diabetes. Inflammation is something you want to have under control because diabetes is a serious condition that can be controlled.
It’s important to do the best you can to fight inflammation. I hope you learned something and that your blood sugar numbers are lowered and under control too.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Kraus, Daniel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 191 Pages - 10/08/2019 (Publication Date) - Hard Case Crime (Publisher)
Last update on 2021-09-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API