Lose weight and diabetes at the same time? That seems like a good deal to me. Weight loss for diabetes is a great start to shed those pounds while working at the goal of controlling or reversing your diabetes. So when your doctor diagnosed you with diabetes, what’s one of the first things he or she suggests? Of course you know the answer. It’s lose weight. Let’s see what a Safe Weight Loss for Diabetics is.
How do You Lose Weight Safely When You Have Diabetes?
Don’t you just get tired of hearing those words? Tired of diets and the ups and downs on the scale? It can be downright discouraging and depressing. But not to worry, there are options.
I know. I’ve been there and still am there. But no more. I’m done. I finally made up my mind once and for all to end the damn weight problem and kill it along with the diabetes issue too. I just wanted to start by telling you that I’ve been through diets. They don’t work. I see you shaking your head in agreement.
Weight gain and all the negatives that go along with it are a thing of the past. Admit it. It’s all about acceptance, isn’t it? Of course it is. Nobody or nothing will change the weight issue until YOU yourself accept that you’re done on the weight loss merry-go-round.
How many diets are out there? A zillion? Do they work and if so, which ones? I’m not saying that diets won’t help you lose weight, but what happens when you go off the diet?
You lost the weight. No need for the diet anymore, right? Of course you know what happens. Bingo! The eating changes back to what it was originally and the weight comes with it. What a never ending cycle. It’s time to take control, don’t you think?
Fat and Weight Gain – the Reasons
It’s the most obvious reason. Take in more calories than you burn and the result is fat and weight gain. It’s that simple.
It’s everywhere, tempting, tastes better, available, and addictive. The fast food and junk sugary foods are the devil for us and add to belly fat and high cholesterol. You want the super foods instead.
Sleep is a problem for so many people and not just for diabetics. When your metabolism slows and your hormones become unbalanced due to lack of sleep, this can lead to weight gain. Listen, you know what happens, you stay up late, snacking on foods and that leads to more gaining more weight. This adds more stress to your life. You don’t need stress at all.
It’s common sense here with exercising. Consume more calories than you burn and voila! Fat gain! I know. Maybe you hate exercise, but how hard is walking? I go to the gym and I’m far from a body builder. You don’t have to even go to a gym. But move and keep moving. Do something.
It’s much better sitting around and gaining more weight. This is a big reason for weight gain. Exercise will aid in lowering your blood pressure. You don’t want high blood pressure to affect you.
Sugar Intake and Calories
Sugar is for the most part very bad for you, IF you are constantly ingesting it. You do need some sugar but the only way you’ll know if it’s the right amount is to have your labs done regularly and test your sugars. Sugar also has the calories and that’s another fat reason.
These are just some of the reasons and facts about why we are fat. Now we must choose to change this. The goal is to kill two birds with one stone; weight and diabetes. You also don’t want low or high blood sugar.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Who doesn’t like dining out? I do know some people who don’t eat out often but I think the majority of us do go out regularly. One problem is that you have no control over the preparing the foods. I do try a few things to help myself. I’ll order a chicken Caesar salad and ask for the dressing on the side.
They put WAY too much dressings on salads. A tip is to dip your fork in the dressing and then into your salad. It’s enough for taste but very few calories. Every little tip helps with losing weight.
The cost of dining out can add up to a fortune these days and you’re consuming more calories than eating at home. Another huge issue is portion control. Restaurants serve humongous portions, especially Italian restaurants. First thing when ordering is to determine how much of what you get served are you actually eating and how much are you taking home.
If you’re going to be eating larger portions at your meal, then choose healthier foods that will fill you up without the fat and the calories. It just takes a little bit of common sense knowledge to not eat the breads, soups, and desserts. I never have dessert out anymore and skip the appetizers unless it’s a healthy low calorie choice.
Check Out The Video Below with Dr. Oz
Getting Started on the Road to Success
Don’t Skip Breakfast
You’ve heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It is. Believe it. If you want to lose weight, become healthy, and control diabetes, then do NOT start your day without breakfast. I used to skip breakfast all the time and guess what?
I overate the rest of the day because I was hungry all the time. Don’t use the excuse that you’re running late and you have no time. You DO have time to control your blood sugars from raising.
Eat 5-6 Smaller Meals
Smaller meals tend to keep your sugar levels lower instead of two big meals which will make them higher. This is a perfect way to lose weight and attack that diabetes. This plan controls hunger better and helps caloric intake and a faster weight loss.
Watch Your Calories
You caloric intake is important and it depends on factors such as what your body type is, your current weight, male or female, and what your exercise activity is. Weight goals for caloric intake daily with type 2 diabetes are 1,400-2,000 calories for men and 1,200-1,00o calories for women. Have your doctor guide you with this plan.
It’s All About Fiber
You have to eat the right foods if you want to lose weight and maintain it. If you want the least amount of body fat, then look to fiber to accomplish that. The goal is 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and beans.
This is just to repeat what I’ve said. Any exercise is helpful. For me, it’s bike riding. It can’t be made any clearer to move your butt. LOL
Make a Plan and Record it
Write everything down daily so you can see where you started and where you’re headed. Once you’re used to a daily regimen, it will be easier to get used to.
Make sure you get your vitamins especially vitamin D!
- Do things that keep you busy and that you enjoy. Hobbies, writing, reading, sports, outdoor activities, and just do what makes you happy. Don’t sit in front of the TV at night stuffing your face. Make a rule to NOT eat after 7 at night or too close to sleep time.
- Want to feel fuller? Drink water and then some. Have water before your meals because it will fill you up and it’s the best thing for your body. Keep water with you wherever you go to take any edge off hunger.
- Chew slowly and savor the taste of food. This will help you get that full feeling faster too.
- Don’t use food as a crutch. If negative things happen, deal with them in a way other than turning to food. Eat to live, don’t live to eat.
- Fill up on low calorie, low sugar foods because if you consume more, you won’t be adding the extra calories which helps with your weight and the less sugar keeps your blood sugar numbers down to combat the diabetes.
Controlling Your Appetite and Diabetes
I have apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a day. The taste is very bitter, so I mix it with a diet fruit juice that has no sugar and it tastes better. It’s great for controlling appetite AND lowering blood sugar. That’s what we’re looking for here: losing weight and controlling the diabetes.
Cinnamon is another of my favorites. I either sprinkle it on fruit and or salad. It helps “killing two birds with one stone” too! This will help slow down the time it takes for food to get to your intestine from your stomach. It gives you that “fuller” feeling. You can use it on anything you eat or drink.
Don’t wait until you’re “starving” to eat. Have a small snack in between to curb that hunger pain. This way you aren’t going to be famished!
Take snacks with you and always have them available. I’m big on protein bars because they have a lot of protein, few calories, and very little grams of sugar. Another great combo for appetite control and losing weight and low in sugar. I read every label now to see how much sugar is in it.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
I hope that this gives you what you need not only to lose weight, but to control your diabetes by having a Safe Weight Loss for Diabetics. There are two purposes with this article and that is to learn how to lose weight and eat right, and to control your diabetes. By losing weight you can lower your blood sugar.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
14 thoughts on “Safe Weight Loss for Diabetics – How to Lose Weight and Diabetes”
Thank you so much for your article on diabetes and diet. I am a nurse and know first hand how many people suffer greatly from this disease. Congratulations on your success, it appears you have discovered some real truths about dieting and weight loss. It is not easy to lose weight once you start medications for diabetes and I commend your efforts to increase public awareness.
Take Care, Heather
Hi Heather and thanks for your comments. I’ve fought the weight issue for so many years and then being diagnosed with diabetes was a wakeup call. So now I’m attacking both at the same time. Losing weight has never been easy, but it’s all in the mind. So by setting a plan and following a different, healthier routine, I’m on the right track to both losing weight and controlling diabetes. I hope I can help others do the same. Cheers! Rob
Wow, I am impressed. What the difference on the pictures! All I can is CHAPEAU!
I have a few kilos to lose, and I am stuck with since I gave birth:) I will follow your suggestion, I’ll move more, and I’ll eat at home rather than in restaurants!
Thank you for these tips and for this excellent article!
I love eating out but I am very careful now when I order. Just by changing a few eating habits, we can lose weight and control diabetes. Exercise should be part of the daily routine, even if for only thirty minutes or so. Once you make the changes, you’ll start to lose weight and see the difference.
Thanks for sharing this article, I don’t have diabetes yet but I think soon I will have it, if I don’t stop gaining weight. I try to exercise I did loose weight but when I grave I eat too much and like you viola instead of loosing weight I did add pounds in my weight, so I stop exercising. Before I didn’t believe in apple cider vinegar because of all the ads i saw it needs to blend in a certain slimming pills. Now I know I can drink apple cider vinegar without any slimming pills to loose weight. And I will start that as soon as we go to the market. All your tips is wonderful advice. Anyway what brand of Apple Cider Vinegar you’re using? Thanks again
Well I hope you don’t get diabetes, but I know all about the weight issue. I got to the point where I decided to take care of both. Once you decide to lose weight, you’ll be on the right track. Apple cider vinegar has so many benefits. You really may want to try it. The brand I use is Braggs. It’s very well known and will help!
I like the ‘clean’ look of your website. Thank you for creating relevant blogs on the subject and for summarizing a clear path to recovery from diabetes.
I would love to hear more about your personal story with controlling diabetes. It would be good if you mention a bit about the science behind some of your recommendations. For ACV, I once read about a study that showed positive results. Did you see anything about this?
This particular article is about weight loss and diabetes. So for me, it’s about changing my eating habits, exercising at the gym and bike riding, and testing and keeping my blood sugar down and watch my blood pressure too. For Apple cider vinegar? I just posted an article all about ACV. It’s one of the best things that can help you with diabetes!
Good tips! Eating well is my daily fight. I don’t always get time to go to the gym and exercise, but as you said any exercise can help. Can walking to the office 2-3 days per week be helpful?
I discovered the merit of Apple cider vinegar here and I will definitely try it.
Thanks for sharing!
Eating healthy should always be a priority for everyone. We all have limits on our time each day, but it’s important to make time for some exercise. Walking 2-3 days a week is better than no exercise at all. Even riding an exercise bike is good, especially if you’re in a crunch for time.
Well done for losing your weight, i am in the process of losing weight and this is a real big help and puts a lot of stuff into perspective for me, you have really gone into detail which i have really enjoyed reading 🙂
Getting started on the road to success is everything i have started to do, it has only been a week i know i can do it, i gave up smoking 11 years ago and will never start again, i am telling myself if i can do that i can do anything.
Could you please tell me if you can get vitamin d out of any food or fruit?
I do not have diabetes and really admire you for losing your weight and stabilizing your diabetes.
Well done 🙂
Thank you for your comments! I’m still losing the weight but it’s not easy and I want the diabetes to be under control and then go away! I applaud you for quitting smoking because while I was never a smoker, I know it’s harder than losing weight.
For vitamin D foods, check my other post: https://naturalwaystolowerbloodsugar.com/vitamin-d…
Good luck! 🙂
I really like this post of yours and you sharing your experience. I know many that have type 2 diabetes and have stubborn weight issues.
I agree with the majority of what you said, especially about overeating. I personally don’t have diabetes, but I do have an issue with overeating. I grew up in a family that didn’t ever want to waste food, so I got into the habit of finishing all the food prepared. That was ok when I was young and meals weren’t always there. But now it is an issue with more food readily available.
I’ve been reading a lot on Intermittent Fasting, which encourages 1 or 2 meals a day instead of 5 or 6. What are your thoughts?
Thanks Tyrel. I can relate to your comments about growing up and being told to finish everything. Mom used to tell me to belong to the clean plate club! LOL Geez As you get older that’s not a wise choice as I found out. Things and food choices are so different now. I personally don’t believe in intermittent fasting because 5-6 meals a day satisfy my hunger throughout the day whereas 1-2 with fasting wouldn’t.