Your A1c Levels and Why You Must Control Them
When blood sugar is uncontrollable, it becomes a worrisome thing. You can lower your A1c levels with natural methods. In managing blood sugar/diabetes, the idea of traditional medicine has been embraced and can drastically bring down blood glucose naturally. It’s crucial that you know how to lower A1c levels naturally. Diabetes affects the blood vessels and nerves. It can affect a certain part of the body more than others.
If you are very thirsty and tired then you know that it could be your blood sugars may be too high. It can be a possibility that it’s high when you have blurry vision, when you are losing weight fast, and have to go to the bathroom often.
Very high blood sugar may make you feel sick to your stomach, faint, or vomit. When your blood sugar is high, it can cause you to lose too much fluid from your body.
If diabetes is not controlled well, can damage important organs in the body such as the heart, nerves, eyes, and kidneys. This means that heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, vision problems, and nerve problems can happen to people with diabetes.
Uncontrolled diabetes is associated with the signs stated below:
Increased appetite without weight gain.
High blood glucose readings.
Mysterious weight loss.
A1C which is also known as hemoglobin is connected to blood sugar but somehow different too. When you pierce your finger, instantly your blood sugar meter measure the concentration of glucose in the bloodstream. Also, the hemoglobin A1C test measures the percentage of red blood cells with a sugar coating.
The A1c blood glucose supplies specific information about your median level of blood glucose for the previous three months. The test can be used to diagnose type 2 diabetes and prediabetes. If the percentage is high, then blood glucose levels will also be high.
A1C is said to be dangerous when hemoglobin A1C level is between 5.7 and 6.7%. Any case like this has the chance of developing diabetes because levels of 6.5% or higher mean you already have diabetes. The normal range for the hemoglobin A1C level is in the range of 4% and 5.6%.
People with diabetes are required to undergo a hemoglobin A1C (HbA1c) test. This (HbA1c) test measures the average concentration of blood sugar over the normal existence of the red blood cells in the body. So you are expected to undergo a complete cardiac blood profile check if you believe that you have diabetes.
This is also known as CBC or Complete Blood Count test. This blood test is extremely important and should be done regularly according to your doctor’s orders. This is the only way to know what’s going on inside your body and this test provides the answers. Don’t skip it!
The experts or the analysis are expected to conduct two kinds of the test; a hemoglobin A1C test and a fasting glucose tolerance test. Both tests calculate blood glucose, fasting glucose tolerance test concentrates on the present glucose levels while HbA1c reflects on the average glucose levels over the prior six to eight weeks since they are not influenced by daily fluctuations in the blood glucose concentration.
The recommendation is that the test should be done 2 hours after meals. It is also good to do the test every time you wake up, or after eating breakfast, before lunch, after eating lunch, before having dinner, after eating dinner and before going to bed. This routine is advised by experts. They opined that those who did this test routine were able to monitor their blood sugar level better.
Ways to Lower A1C Level Naturally
- One out of many ways in which one can lower hemoglobin A1C level naturally is to maintain proper healthy diet as well as involve in exercise activities. Glucose control can be affected greatly when using these two important tools. Generally, this happens when you lower your sugar and calorie intake. The high blood sugar which is caused by too many calories will be reduced.
- Regular exercise is one of the simplest, easiest, fastest and most effective ways to help yourself. Exercise will consume blood sugar in place of insulin. So you actually get more breathing room in your diet and your blood sugar range will vary considerably less. It may even help balance your food intake and insulin if you need to inject. If you’re prediabetic it helps keeps your sugar in check.
- Say goodbye to your favorite cakes and chocolates because you need to start lowering your sugar intake little by little as they need to be reduced. Intake of food that is high in carbohydrate and sugar contents should be seriously avoided.
- Dairy products can be replaced with sugar-free counterparts and non-fat products. Lard and butter which is solid fat, should be changed to liquid oils. Another alternative way of enjoying healthy food is by baking, cooking, and roasting your food.
- Cardiovascular activities such as walking or running can also help to lower hemoglobin A1C without medication.
- In order to lower hemoglobin A1C naturally, you should avoid food which has high sugar content and carbohydrates. Many alternative foods are available which enable you to enjoy the food as well as keep you healthy.
At a glance, you can combine two or three of the following in ensuring that you lower your A1C level:
- Resist the unwanted: You should be able to control the demands of your body and resist any unhealthy habits. It may not be easy, but you should try as hard as you can.
- Healthy Diet: Eat because it is a necessity, not because you like it. Maintaining a healthy diet will go a long way in reducing the A1C level and well worth it!
- Exercise: Five times or more of exercise in a week can help to strengthen your body, even more if you can.
- Stress level: Avoid being stressed. Blood sugar increases when you stress yourself too much, hence it has to be avoided
- Self-control: You should be able to control the demands of your body and resist any unhealthy habits.
- Monitor Frequently: Daily monitoring of the A1C level will enable you to understand the state of your health. So it should be made a daily practice.
When these guidelines are followed, you would definitely see a significant drop in blood sugar level. This will help to lower your hemoglobin A1C level naturally. It is a well-known fact that medication has so many side effects. Therefore, you should always try to get the best from natural remedies.
There is no miracle to help control your diabetes without any effort. You need to make a lot of effort and be dedicated to an exercise regime and nutritional plan to get the required results. Also, a positive lifestyle and outlook is a must. Hence, in order to stay away from medical treatment and enjoy a natural lifestyle, you need to have a healthy living attitude.
People With Prediabetes Can Lower Their Blood Sugar Using
Apple Cider Vinegar– Apple cider vinegar claims to have numerous health benefits and that drinking a small amount or taking a supplement before meals help curb appetite and burn fat. This has been shown to decrease fasting and post-meal blood sugar levels.
High-Fiber Foods– High fiber foods help keep blood sugar levels steady and eliminate big spikes and drops. Start your day with whole grains. It can aid lower cholesterol, prevent constipation, and improve digestion.
Follow by having fresh fruit, whole-grain bread, eat your vegetables, dried fruit, fiber-rich beans, peas and other legumes and nuts, seeds, and fiber.
More Sleep– Getting enough sleep makes you feel better. It goes a long way in boosting your mood or banishing circles under your eyes. Adequate sleep is the key to sound and healthy lifestyle. It can help your heart, weight, mind etc. to function optimally.
Cinnamon Extract Supplement or spice. Cinnamon as one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet does an excellent job of lowering blood glucose levels, lessening your risk of a heart attack and has an overabundance of benefits for your health that are awesome!
Eat Chromium-Rich Foods– Vegetables such as broccoli, potatoes, green beans, whole-grain products, beef, and poultry provide chromium which is beneficial for your A1c level. Fruits, including apples and banana, grape juice, milk, and dairy products are also helpful.
Doing all that is stated above, and making such healthy changes can help you improve your day-to-day blood sugar management and lower your A1C.
Herbs and supplements
Patients with high blood sugar may try herbs and other supplements as a natural treatment to control their blood sugars. Herbs and supplements have doses and they may vary. Your pharmacist can assist you in selecting the products and discussing the ranges, and preventing any herb-drug interactions.
There are a lot of herbal products on the market with varieties of batches and it is always preferred to purchase a quality name brand product that has been examined and standardized as regards to active ingredients. The point is that there must be some assurance that you are purchasing a product that will consistently deliver a specified dose of active herb.
Irrespective of your reasons for using any of these herbs, you must always let your doctor and pharmacist know in order to prevent any hypoglycemic reactions and dangerous interactions. Because hypoglycemic reactions are deadly, therefore they should be avoided. Let your doctor make the decision. He is she is the professional.
Some herbs claimed to have blood sugar lowering effects. Such herbs are not used in Western herbal medicine and are more common in Ayurvedic Medicine and Oriental Medicine. The way and manner the mechanism in it lowers blood sugar is often not known. More so, the overall effect of these herbs varies in individuals and may not work well for everyone. Patient-specific and a combination of these herbs may be required to obtain the desired effect and may at the long run have a side effect.
How to lower your A1c levels naturally is something that is possible for you to do without medications. You now know exactly what you must do to turn around your type 2 diabetes and get your blood sugars in the normal range. Think of it as a lifestyle change and stick to it because you will be and feel healthier! Good luck 🙂
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Below!
Please forward this article to others who may need help and please share on social media below and leave any questions or comments you may have as well. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy one!