Foods to Lower Blood Sugar
So while it is very important to be taking medication that my doctor has prescribed for diabetes, it is also something I don’t like doing and it can certainly be expensive as well. The price alone can stress you! There are many Natural Foods to Reduce Blood Sugar without having to take medications. When you think about it, food actually IS medicine.
But it is all about what food I eat and put into my body and I make sure I sleep good, fight that tiredness, and try and watch my cholesterol and blood pressure and I check my blood pressure every day at home too. Along with exercise, such as riding my exercise bike, I’m on the right track. let’s talk about the food “medicines” next.
Vegetables- the Best!
Ok, when I was growing up, I was always told to eat my veggies! But I was a kid! I wanted junk food, right? Of course at this age I wasn’t thinking so much about my health. I just wanted what tastes good, but it affected my weight. That wasn’t good.
For me, my mom couldn’t get me to eat many vegetables at all. I ate peas and corn. That was it for me. Vegetables, yuck! As time went on I started to like more and more vegetables. (Sorry mom)
Ok, no lecture here but, you should be eating as many vegetables as possible. I’ve never heard that they aren’t good for you, have you? Be honest. You know vegetables are the best foods for you.
Fruits are Awesome, but
I want to talk about fruit. Fruits is just so good for you! Almost anything natural has to be good for you, including fruit. So what is the “but” about, you ask? While certain fruits may help lower my blood sugar, I must be careful not to consume too much because fruits contain sugar, the natural kind and they are healthy for me, but I don’t overdo it.
I think about things this way. I spent so much of my life eating the wrong foods and the wrong way. The seesaw diet, up and down. Have you have been on so many diets and even lose the weight just to go right back to where you were and then some?
For me, I feel it’s been more about emotional eating then anything else. Eat because you’re bored? Tastes good? The cakes and ice cream are calling your name? Been there, done that. Everyone needs emotional support no matter what it is for. The emotional support can help more than you think.
There’s power in numbers. When you need to vent or have someone hold you up a little, let’s have each other’s backs, ok? I’ll start by saying I will if you will? Ok, I lied. I will, even if you won’t!
Admit it. Diabetes and high blood sugar originated somewhere and sometime. It sure wasn’t at the snack bar yesterday. I know that. So at one point I knew we had to accept the fact that some crucial steps had to be taken to try and correct the situation. It also affects your vision and you do not want that happening. I know that I sure don’t.
I’m going to tell you something point blank. Do you want to be off your medications and start to live a healthier life and not worry? Here’s the point- only YOU can change your habits and lifestyle. Nobody else can do it. You can have your friends or family for support but the ultimate decision is yours!
You can do anything you put your mind to. ANYTHING! Supplements too are beneficial!
I’d like to share a quick list of some foods that can help lower your blood sugar:
- Collard greens
- Avocado ( No sugar,lots of fiber and monounsaturated fats)
- Watermelon (Contains lycopene, improves insulin sensitivity)
- Red grapes (Preferably over the green grapes)
- Apples (An apple a day keeps the doctor away?)
- Nuts (Contain magnesium to boost insulin response)
- Dark chocolate
- Apple cider vinegar
- Green Tea
What I fuel my engine with is incredibly important in dictating what sort of quality of life I am going to live. You are what you eat, right? Making smart food choices, is the first step to boosting energy levels, losing fat and exercising which makes me feel spectacular. I love supplements too! And I take vitamin D every morning. I also want to trim down the belly fat.
Here is a detailed list of some foods above and more for diabetics:
• Asparagus – Here you get plenty of vitamins, low carbs and lots of fiber and antioxidants, which fight off the nasty free-radicals of the world. This helps regulate blood sugar and protect your heart.
• Beans – Now it’s true some beans have a gaseous side-effect, but that’s very minor in the big picture. They have lots of fiber and this helps specifically with electrolyte balance and the protein helps build muscle and assist in cell repair.
• Blueberries – Berries are sweet and savory and loaded with protective antioxidants. They will help strengthen my immune system, reduce inflammation and better my vision.
• Spinach – Hoorah for Popeye! Spinach is loaded with vitamins and minerals which decrease the risk of cancers, cataracts and protect cells. They help prevent deterioration as a result of diabetes.
• Fish – Is loaded with healthy omega-3s and has healthy polyunsaturated fat. Fish lowers triglycerides, reduces inflammation, lowers blood pressure, decreases the risk of blood clots and helps build lean muscle. Make sure you steer clear of high mercury fish like shark. Stick to wild salmon, herring, catfish and canned white tuna.
• Broccoli – It’s non-starchy, high fiber, high in vitamin C and antioxidants. These little green ‘trees’ help improve vision, strengthen bones and teeth, encourage wounds to heal faster and fight disease.
• Carrots – Contain the antioxidant beta-carotene which helps prevent cancer and heart disease and reduce insulin dependency.
• Flaxseed – Has omega-3 fatty acids that lower triglycerides, reduce inflammation and decrease the risk of heart disease. Flaxseed has protective antioxidants and is high in fiber, helping to keep blood sugars level.
• Apples – An apple a day may help keep the doctor and symptoms of diabetes away! Apples are loaded with insoluble fiber which slows digestion and aids in stabilizing blood sugar levels. It also lowers the risk of heart disease, which is a complication if diabetes.
• Nuts – I’m careful that I don’t go overboard with nuts because they are extremely high in fat and if I are trying to lose fat, so I try to remember portion control is important here. Nuts contain monounsaturated fat, protein, vitamin E and protective flavonoids. They help lower cholesterol and build muscle to name a few.
• Oatmeal – Oatmeal is high in fiber and this naturally fills me up. It lowers cholesterol, improves blood pressure and stabilizes blood sugar by slowing digestion.
My Final Thoughts
Vegetables, as I said before are wonderful! The fruits may not necessarily lower my blood sugar as much, but they are still foods to lower blood sugar and are good for me and these fruits are low in sugar. The sugar that I consume should come from natural foods.
In the nuts category, almonds and cashews again contain magnesium which helps with insulin secretion. I watch and don’t have TOO many because they have calories!
Cocoa in chocolate has flavonoids which again could aid in insulin resistance & help keeping my blood sugar levels in check. It must be dark chocolate that contains at least 80 % cocoa. Darn, I always liked the milk chocolate! Lowering blood sugar is important and if you want to turn diabetes around, then this will help the best!
I hoped you enjoyed this article and if you have any questions about foods that help your blood sugar, please leave a comment below. I appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you!
If You Really Want to Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes
Then Click the Button Below!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API