The diagnosis and then the actions
Lower blood sugar without medication, but first you must have enough information about this very common disease and know your options for natural diabetes control. It is the cause of too much sugar in the bloodstream. The reason for this is that our pancreas becomes compromised and stressed and does not produce sufficient amounts of insulin. Why is that?
When you consume food, glucose (sugar) is digested and delivered to our cells and when excess sugar is in the blood, the body isn’t able to convert glucose into the energy that you need the way it should normally and the result is diabetes which must be controlled or it leads to many other problems. Watch your cholesterol and belly fat too. This is important!
You have been diagnosed with diabetes
Don’t worry because it doesn’t mean it will be a death sentence as long as you address it. So what’s the first step to take? Ok, you want to talk to your doctor or specialist about getting a glucometer to test your sugar and the appropriate testing supplies. Don’t be shy about asking your doctor any questions at all because you will need to learn what you have to. It will become routine.
Your physician will most likely be putting you on medication. If you smoke? Quit now! (I know. It’s easier said than done) I never smoked. (Good for me!) Start eating healthy ,lose weight, and take vitamin D. The right food is the medicine you want. I know from experience that this is not easy but I’m doing it. Exercise. Be careful if you’ve had any back pain issues.Do anything to keep moving. Walk, walk, walk! I bike ride more than anything and use my exercise bike indoors too. Blood pressure is important too, so check it often.
Pre-diabetes is when your blood glucose levels are higher than normal. Although not an absolute given, research shows many people with this condition will develop Type 2 diabetes within 10 years. These are likely the terms your health care provider will use.
When Should You Test For Pre-Diabetes?
- If you are overweight and over age 45.
- When you have a history of diabetes in your family.
- You’ve got high blood pressure or blood lipids.
- If you are African-American, Native-American, Hispanic or Asian.
Type 1 diabetes
- Your body stops producing any insulin
- The bodies’ immune system destroys the cells produced by insulin and attacks and destroys them
- If type 1 is in the DNA, the pancreas stops working because the cells have been killed off
- Your body converts glucose into energy and without insulin this is not possible
Type 2 diabetes
- Your body produces insufficient amounts of insulin
- It’s not necessarily hereditary
- Diagnosed in children and adults with no warning
- Often occurs because of poor health choices
- Poor eating choices and being overweight
- Lack of exercise
- Not drinking enough water
The most common symptoms of diabetes are:
- Craving for food and overeating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive urination
- Feeling tired with less energy
- Blurry vision
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Numbness and/or tingling in the hands and feet
The risk factors
- Age. You have more of a chance of being diagnosed when you age. Rising at 45 and rising much more at age 65
- Additional health issues such as: high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Being overweight especially in the stomach area
- Non existent exercise
- Race or ethnicity: Hispanic, Asian, African Americans, and Native Americans are more at risk
- Your family history. If it’s in your family, your odds rise to contract diabetes
Medications and what you should know
No matter what medication you’re taking, it’s extremely important to follow the directions. Talk to your doctor and call if you have any questions. After all, he or she is the expert. Anything additional such as over the counter medications should be discussed with them first. I never take anything without talking to my physician first, including any supplements. I don’t want anything conflicting with the medications that I’ve been prescribed.
If you are taking insulin, make sure it’s stored correctly and check the expiration date for sure. Be sure that you test your sugar levels as you’re instructed to do.
Things you should do
- Make a plan and write it down and stick to it
- Always check your sugars daily or more and drink apple cider vinegar with honey.
- Have a good relationship with your physician. If you aren’t on a personal level, seek another physician
- Discuss ANY medications that are prescribed with your doctor and know if there are any complications down the road because of them. The goal at the end here will be to control your diabetes naturally and get off medications if possible. That’s your main goal!
I hoped you enjoyed this article and if you have any questions about diabetes, please leave a comment below.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API