The diagnosis and then the actions
Lower blood sugar without medication, but first you must have enough information about this very common disease and know your options for natural diabetes control. It is the cause of too much sugar in the bloodstream. The reason for this is that our pancreas becomes compromised and stressed and does not produce sufficient amounts of insulin. Why is that?
When you consume food, glucose (sugar) is digested and delivered to our cells and when excess sugar is in the blood, the body isn’t able to convert glucose into the energy that you need the way it should normally and the result is diabetes which must be controlled or it leads to many other problems. Watch your cholesterol and belly fat too. This is important!
You have been diagnosed with diabetes
Don’t worry because it doesn’t mean it will be a death sentence as long as you address it. So what’s the first step to take? Ok, you want to talk to your doctor or specialist about getting a glucometer to test your sugar and the appropriate testing supplies. Don’t be shy about asking your doctor any questions at all because you will need to learn what you have to. It will become routine.
Your physician will most likely be putting you on medication. If you smoke? Quit now! (I know. It’s easier said than done) I never smoked. (Good for me!) Start eating healthy ,lose weight, and take vitamin D. The right food is the medicine you want. I know from experience that this is not easy but I’m doing it. Exercise. Be careful if you’ve had any back pain issues.Do anything to keep moving. Walk, walk, walk! I bike ride more than anything and use my exercise bike indoors too. Blood pressure is important too, so check it often.
Sleep. Try and get 7-8 hours sleep and go to sleep at the same time every night. Your body and your eyes need rest. Drink water… Drink water… Drink water…repeat
Pre-diabetes is when your blood glucose levels are higher than normal. Although not an absolute given, research shows many people with this condition will develop Type 2 diabetes within 10 years. These are likely the terms your health care provider will use.
When Should You Test For Pre-Diabetes?
- If you are overweight and over age 45.
- When you have a history of diabetes in your family.
- You’ve got high blood pressure or blood lipids.
- If you are African-American, Native-American, Hispanic or Asian.
Type 1 diabetes
- Your body stops producing any insulin
- The bodies’ immune system destroys the cells produced by insulin and attacks and destroys them
- If type 1 is in the DNA, the pancreas stops working because the cells have been killed off
- Your body converts glucose into energy and without insulin this is not possible
Type 2 diabetes
- Your body produces insufficient amounts of insulin
- It’s not necessarily hereditary
- Diagnosed in children and adults with no warning
- Often occurs because of poor health choices
- Poor eating choices and being overweight
- Lack of exercise
- Not drinking enough water
The most common symptoms of diabetes are:
- Craving for food and overeating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive urination
- Feeling tired with less energy
- Blurry vision
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Numbness and/or tingling in the hands and feet
The risk factors
- Age. You have more of a chance of being diagnosed when you age. Rising at 45 and rising much more at age 65
- Additional health issues such as: high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Being overweight especially in the stomach area
- Non existent exercise
- Race or ethnicity: Hispanic, Asian, African Americans, and Native Americans are more at risk
- Your family history. If it’s in your family, your odds rise to contract diabetes
Medications and what you should know
No matter what medication you’re taking, it’s extremely important to follow the directions. Talk to your doctor and call if you have any questions. After all, he or she is the expert. Anything additional such as over the counter medications should be discussed with them first. I never take anything without talking to my physician first, including any supplements. I don’t want anything conflicting with the medications that I’ve been prescribed.
If you are taking insulin, make sure it’s stored correctly and check the expiration date for sure. Be sure that you test your sugar levels as you’re instructed to do.
Things you should do
- Make a plan and write it down and stick to it
- Always check your sugars daily or more and drink apple cider vinegar with honey.
- Have a good relationship with your physician. If you aren’t on a personal level, seek another physician
- Discuss ANY medications that are prescribed with your doctor and know if there are any complications down the road because of them. The goal at the end here will be to control your diabetes naturally and get off medications if possible. That’s your main goal!
I hoped you enjoyed this article and if you have any questions about diabetes, please leave a comment below.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
13 thoughts on “Natural Diabetes Control – Intelligent Ways to Take Over”
Hi Rob, great article about Diabetes, I am borderline myself, and very over weight. I have been on meds for years, and I know I need to eat better, and drink more water. The article gave me a bit of a boost to make some changes, but it is so hard to do. The problem with me is the quantity I eat, plus the sugary drinks and candy. But, I know that I am not the only one going through this, so it is nice to see people like yourself helping people online. Great article!
I know what you mean Eric. I’ve battled the weight problem my whole life. It isn’t easy when food is always there to tempt you. I’ve lost the weight many times only to gain it back. It definitely contributed to my diabetes. I finally decided enough is enough. I’ve changed my eating habits and I go to the gym even if it’s just doing the treadmill 3 to 4 times a week for 30 minutes each time. I try to ride my bike at least every other day. No more eating junk especially at night and no eating after dinner. I don’t want to be on medication my entire life for diabetes which is why I’m Learning to lower my blood sugar the natural ways.
Your article is such an information god. I think you hit the head on the nail when you are talking about blood sugar levels.
I know many people struggling with these problems and the medications are so expensive.
I will be passing this article and website on to many of the people I work with that have blood sugar problems.
Blood sugar levels are a constant with me now. I am doing all the right things as opposed to the wrong choices I made. It is a huge problem that can be controlled if addressed properly.
Hello and thanks for sharing, this is really great stuff about lower your blood sugar level the natural way. There are so many people that are battling on a daily basis whit this thing that is called diabetes and having to take insulin by way of needle. But the advice that you have given here is so great and I am sure that those who have issues with this disease will find this post most useful.
I have to tell you that when I was diagnosed it was scary. I changed for many reasons, one of them being scared of injecting insulin into my body everyday. Wake up call!
Hi, Good content on trying to control Diabetes. well put together from your own experience. I am a type2 diabetic and although on medication I have managed to cut out all sugar which of course makes a difference but being somewhat older now do not burn off those calories as when I was much younger.
Certainly you are right about exercise, just walking really helps . I am fortunate that I have two dogs that require their daily walks.
A good site and will be most helpful to many who read your content.
You can eventually get off medication, but that’s with your doctor’s care and approval. I personally wouldn’t cut out all sugar. You don’t want hypoglycemia either. ( Low blood sugar and very serious)
this is a nice short and to the point article on what to do if you get diabetes.
It runs strong in my family and while I have a sweet tooth I try to refrain while I am still young to help prevent this disease effecting me later in life.
Do you or anyone you know have diabetes — I have not read much more on your website so sorry if you already said so.
If you do what other things do you do to control it?
Yes Michael, I’m very passionate about controlling diabetes, lowering blood sugar, and helping others to control it. There’s a lot of information here on the website that helps you to control your diabetes. Eat less (and healthy) and move more (exercise) for starters.
I exercise. I walk, go to the gym, and bike ride. I changed my eating habits. No junk and no eating at night. I do know of others with diabetes and I try and help them as well. See the doctor and test your blood sugars. That’s my advice!
what wonderful and informative post, I think the key to attacking something is to know it very well.
And knowing diabetes may be very helpful for people that suffer it and also for people that know people that suffer.
I learnt a lot about diabetes, Thank you!
You’re welcome Santiago. Everything I know and learn about diabetes and my experiences I share with the world. It’s beatable. You just have to know what to do and be willing to change.