The diagnosis and then the actions
Lower blood sugar without medication, but first you must have enough information about this very common disease and know your options for natural diabetes control. It is the cause of too much sugar in the bloodstream. The reason for this is that our pancreas becomes compromised and stressed and does not produce sufficient amounts of insulin. Why is that?
When you consume food, glucose (sugar) is digested and delivered to our cells and when excess sugar is in the blood, the body isn’t able to convert glucose into the energy that you need the way it should normally and the result is diabetes which must be controlled or it leads to many other problems. Watch your cholesterol and belly fat too. This is important!
You have been diagnosed with diabetes
Don’t worry because it doesn’t mean it will be a death sentence as long as you address it. So what’s the first step to take? Ok, you want to talk to your doctor or specialist about getting a glucometer to test your sugar and the appropriate testing supplies. Don’t be shy about asking your doctor any questions at all because you will need to learn what you have to. It will become routine.
Your physician will most likely be putting you on medication. If you smoke? Quit now! (I know. It’s easier said than done) I never smoked. (Good for me!) Start eating healthy ,lose weight, and take vitamin D. The right food is the medicine you want. I know from experience that this is not easy but I’m doing it. Exercise. Be careful if you’ve had any back pain issues.Do anything to keep moving. Walk, walk, walk! I bike ride more than anything and use my exercise bike indoors too. Blood pressure is important too, so check it often.
Pre-diabetes is when your blood glucose levels are higher than normal. Although not an absolute given, research shows many people with this condition will develop Type 2 diabetes within 10 years. These are likely the terms your health care provider will use.
When Should You Test For Pre-Diabetes?
- If you are overweight and over age 45.
- When you have a history of diabetes in your family.
- You’ve got high blood pressure or blood lipids.
- If you are African-American, Native-American, Hispanic or Asian.
Type 1 diabetes
- Your body stops producing any insulin
- The bodies’ immune system destroys the cells produced by insulin and attacks and destroys them
- If type 1 is in the DNA, the pancreas stops working because the cells have been killed off
- Your body converts glucose into energy and without insulin this is not possible
Type 2 diabetes
- Your body produces insufficient amounts of insulin
- It’s not necessarily hereditary
- Diagnosed in children and adults with no warning
- Often occurs because of poor health choices
- Poor eating choices and being overweight
- Lack of exercise
- Not drinking enough water
The most common symptoms of diabetes are:
- Craving for food and overeating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive urination
- Feeling tired with less energy
- Blurry vision
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Numbness and/or tingling in the hands and feet
The risk factors
- Age. You have more of a chance of being diagnosed when you age. Rising at 45 and rising much more at age 65
- Additional health issues such as: high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Being overweight especially in the stomach area
- Non existent exercise
- Race or ethnicity: Hispanic, Asian, African Americans, and Native Americans are more at risk
- Your family history. If it’s in your family, your odds rise to contract diabetes
Medications and what you should know
No matter what medication you’re taking, it’s extremely important to follow the directions. Talk to your doctor and call if you have any questions. After all, he or she is the expert. Anything additional such as over the counter medications should be discussed with them first. I never take anything without talking to my physician first, including any supplements. I don’t want anything conflicting with the medications that I’ve been prescribed.
If you are taking insulin, make sure it’s stored correctly and check the expiration date for sure. Be sure that you test your sugar levels as you’re instructed to do.
Things you should do
- Make a plan and write it down and stick to it
- Always check your sugars daily or more and drink apple cider vinegar with honey.
- Have a good relationship with your physician. If you aren’t on a personal level, seek another physician
- Discuss ANY medications that are prescribed with your doctor and know if there are any complications down the road because of them. The goal at the end here will be to control your diabetes naturally and get off medications if possible. That’s your main goal!
I hoped you enjoyed this article and if you have any questions about diabetes, please leave a comment below.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- Blood Sugar Formula support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with PureHealth Research Blood Sugar dietary supplement, which contains 17 botanicals and nutrients
- HIGH POTENCY: PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help maintain healthy blood glucose levels
- CEYLON CINNAMON and BERBERINE HCL 97% naturally lowers blood glucose levels, improves blood cholesterol levels, and promotes healthy cholesterol levels*
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: helps to maintain healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
Last update on 2022-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API