Brussel sprouts are responsible for increasing insulin sensitivity, lowering your glucose levels, and have the ability to halt oxidative stress that changes in diabetics. This is possible because of alpha lipoic acid which is an antioxidant contained in Brussels sprouts. This makes Brussel Sprouts For Diabetes a positive thing.
Why are Brussel Sprouts Helpful for Diabetics?
Another condition deriving from diabetes which is known as peripheral neuropathy is reduced by the alpha lipoic acid in Brussels sprouts as well. I have peripheral neuropathy and it is an extremely uncomfortable condition.
For me, it’s numbness in my feet, but thankfully it’s not pain. I also take alpha lipoic acid even though I eat Brussels sprouts too. They are really healthy for you.
So, there are the two main ingredients here in Brussels sprouts that are responsible for lowering blood sugar. The first as I mentioned is alpha lipoic acid and the second is fiber. While fiber is so good and beneficial for many things in your body, controlling your blood sugars and helping with diabetes are the key here with Brussels sprouts.
Insulin resistance is caused by inflammation so when you consume any sugars or carbohydrates, your body’s blood glucose levels spike because it is not able to control the sugar levels. Brussels sprouts will not raise your blood glucose levels but in fact will help to lower them. Remember, fiber is king and is what your body needs in place of carbs and sugary foods to help control your diabetes.
Health Benefits of Brussel Sprouts
Although brussels sprouts do indeed offer numerous benefits, antioxidants are at the top of the list. These compounds aid in the lowering your chances of chronic disease and they also decrease oxidative stress inside your cells.
And another antioxidant is kaempferol which helps to strengthen your heart, cut down on inflammation, and reduce the growth of cancer cells.
Anytime you can extra fiber in your diet, it is so beneficial. It relieves constipation and softens your stool to help in moving your bowels that much easier. But fiber is more than just that. It helps your digestive health and it gets this done by aiding and feeding the good bacteria in your stomach. This is important for your body.
Brussels sprouts are loaded with fiber like many other vegetables and fruits are and this is important to know because it works to improve your blood glucose levels and lower your risk of heart disease.
There are so many diseases, illnesses, and ailments out there today and a typical immune response from your body is inflammation. But the problem occurs when you begin to experience chronic inflammation and this is what can cause type 2 diabetes, cancer, and heart disease just to mention a few. A cruciferous vegetable such as Brussels sprouts contains these anti-inflammatory properties which can be the roadblock for chronic inflammation. You need to control inflammation.
4) Vitamin K and Bone Health
Vitamin K is a vitamin that isn’t talked about nearly as much as it should be. It’s important for forming blood clots that prevent bleeding or otherwise known as coagulation.
But vitamin K is also responsible for the growth of your bones and can protect against that very common bone loss condition called osteoporosis that is more common in the elderly. Caution should be used with your intake of this vitamin if you are on blood thinning drugs.
5) Blood Pressure
You know how serious high blood pressure is. It can cause a whole slew of problems for you that you do not want or need for sure.
It’s crucial to check your blood pressure regularly like I do at home because not knowing your blood pressure would be your first mistake. Everyone should take their own blood pressure readings at home.
It can and will cause stroke, coronary heart disease, heart attacks and can also be caused by diabetes. But you can reduce the risk with Brussels sprouts because they contain potassium which is responsible for decreasing the pressure and tension of your arteries and blood vessels.
6) Losing Weight
The number one problem it seems everyone has is losing weight, right? It can be one of the hardest things to do because food is always calling your name, or it least it seems like it? Maybe by taking weight loss one step at a time is a better way of approaching this almost impossible task?
So in review, what is it that helps with losing weight? Alright, you are partially correct. It is controlling your hunger pains. But the number one answer would be fiber! That’s the key here because fiber will fill you up and assist in controlling your hunger cravings.
And what has lots of fiber? Yes, Brussels sprouts. By stimulating the release of a hormone called leptin, you will be on the road to food cravings and eating less and slowly but surely, the weight will come off. Stick with Brussels sprouts and other foods with fiber and weight loss will occur.
Watch the Video Below for More about Brussel Sprouts
So what does one half a cup of Brussel sprouts contain? The good thing is that there’s almost zero fat, 5 grams of carbohydrates and only just over 25 calories! They also provide 2 grams of protein and of course lots of fiber. All combined you can add other grains which will provide you with all the necessary amino acids your body requires.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
This mineral is so vital for your health. It encourages the growing of your organs and tissues, a concentration of blood cells that are healthy, and provides protection for your systems such as the nervous, cardiovascular, immune, and skeletal systems.
Being deficient in copper can possibly lead to thyroid problems, anemia, osteoporosis, high cholesterol levels, low white blood cell levels, and possibly birth defects. Brussels sprouts do indeed contain copper to help fight against these issues.
You might think that Brussels sprouts could not help with stress but you would be wrong! It works because they contain the antioxidants and vitamin C which aids in fighting hypertension which causes stress.
Stress kills and whatever stress you can reduce is going to be healthier for you. So add Brussels sprouts to your dinner menu and calm down and relax. Every little bit helps!
10) Absorption of Iron
As previously mentioned, Brussels sprouts contain copper and another reason this is beneficial is because the copper will help your body to absorb iron. Iron is another vital mineral for your body’s health. It’s interesting to note that iron helps your body in retaining healthy hair, cells, ski, muscles and nails.
Your muscles in particular are very important because they need to generate contractions and need oxygen to accomplish this, but also iron aids in conserving tone and elasticity. Brussels sprouts provide an awful lot with their mineral content.
11) Red Blood Cells
The human blood is made up of 4 parts and red blood cells is one of them. They are crucial as they work in your bloodstream because they transfer carbon dioxide, aid your body tissues, and carry oxygen throughout your entire body.
Your baby relies on folate or vitamin B for producing red blood cells to grow properly. Brussels sprouts provide folate which is also necessary in the prevention of birth defects. In addition folate can also be beneficial in preventing an early birth delivery.
This hormone does many different things and for women it’s helping their menstrual and reproductive cycles. Melatonin aids in the slowing of aging of your brain and adding support to your immune system as well.
It also is an anti-inflammatory and potent antioxidant which is extremely important for your health. It also will make you feel tired later in the day and lasts until you’re done with your hours of sleeping.
14) Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Your body needs omega-3 fatty acids or in particular alpha-linolenic acid that is not used nearly as much as the omega-3’s in seafood or fish. You need to get these plant based omega-3’s from plant foods such as Brussels sprouts.
Because this vegetable contains over 135 mg of alpha-linolenic acid in a half a cup of Brussels sprouts that are cooked, it is known to decrease your insulin resistance, slow your aging process, decrease your triglycerides, and lower inflammation.
15) Vitamin C
How important is vitamin C? It’s vital for your health and the fact of the matter is that all vitamins are crucial for a healthy body. We all know that it’s important for lessening how severe your cold is when you get one. I always reach for it right away because it works.
But vitamin C can improve your immune system, assist in the production of collagen, and is responsible for repairing and the growing of your tissues. One half cup of Brussels sprouts provides more than 80% of your daily recommended allowance of vitamin C. You can never get enough vitamin C!
It’s important for your body to detox because there are two ways that you can get harmful substances into your body and that’s inhaling as you breathe and what you eat.
Normally, your body can handle the job for the most part anyway. But at times your body can do it by itself and needs additional help.
Brussels sprouts contain sulfur and while the smell may not be pleasant it’s very beneficial for your body. In the detoxification process the first step is the toxins get turned into substances that are less harmful and help to get broken down with help from vitamin C too so that as free radicals are unleashed from this happening, your body gets protected.
Now the toxins that have been broken down get removed and sulfur is the main component responsible for this happening which is why Brussels sprouts are so important in helping this entire process to occur.
Brussel Sprouts For Diabetes is a good choice. Now you have multiple ways that they are beneficial for your blood sugars, diabetes, and other health ailments. Add Brussels sprouts to your diet because you will be doing your body good and helping to fight diabetes at the same time. Plants are so healthy for us. Make sure Brussel Sprouts are in your diet.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API