Dairy Products and Diabetes
Some Dairy Products and Diabetes are connected in a good way and sometimes they are not. Dairy products are such products who have made their image as some of the best products to have because of the number of benefits one has with these products. Before moving further with this article let us have a look at some benefits of dairy products-
- The first reason because of which dairy products are highly consumed is because they help in providing better bone health. As you might be knowing that when you were a kid and was very lean, at that time your doctor must have told you that there’s lack of calcium in your body, for which they have suggested you have more dairy products.
This was because dairy products have a high amount of calcium and other essential nutrients present inside them.
- The dairy product also helps in maintaining better heart health and keeps your body away from all type of heart-related problems. It is also said that dairy products are good for patients who have diabetes as it helps in controlling diabetes.
- As in this fast-moving world, no one can maintain a balanced diet, so in this case, dairy products are suggested because they provide a perfect balance to all type of essential proteins and nutrients.
- There are dairy products which are known as low-fat dairy products, such type of products helps in decreasing the body fat and helps in maintaining a better weight for a person.
Although there are a bunch of more benefits of dairy products, these are some of the most important ones.
Now, as we have discussed in one benefit that dairy products are good for diabetes patients, do you think this is the complete truth about dairy products and diabetes? If you want to know more about dairy products and diabetes, then follow this article to the end. Because with the help of this article we are going to discuss some most important points about dairy products and diabetes, which are not known by all.
What is Diabetes, and What are the Reasons You Face by This Disease?
Diabetes is a type of problem in which a person starts facing high blood sugar in their body, because of which many other issues start arising. You must be knowing that blood sugar is made up of glucose, which helps our body cells to gain energy for regular working.
But in this problem, you will notice that your body will stop producing insulin, which helps glucose for breaking it down into smaller particles for making it easily absorbed by our body cells.
There are some reasons because of which one gets caught by this lifelong problem-
- The first case is that when your immune system makes the body part producing insulin to stop the production of insulin. In this case, the immune system destroys the pancreas completely.
- The next reason if getting caught by diabetes is that your body’s pancreas would be producing insulin, but your whole body will stop absorbing and using it because of which you would have to face this problem of diabetes.
- In some cases, this problem of diabetes is inherited from your parents. Which means if your parents have diabetes, then there are high chances that you would also have to face this problem at some point in your life.
Do Dairy Products and Diabetes Have Some Connection With Each Other?
Yes, dairy products have a significant relation to diabetes. Let us have a look at them. Most of the dairy products do not provide you any harm under the condition of diabetes, and it is always said that dairy products such as milk, cheese, and other such products reduce the risk of diabetes, many types of research have been done from which the results were as follows-
- The first result was that dairy products help in decreasing the risk of developing diabetes.
- Every dairy product, which contains low-fat reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Yogurt and cheese also come in those dairy products, which helps in reducing the risk of diabetes.
- Moreover, there are some dairy products such as high-fat milk and products made up of this type of milk works as a protective layer in the case of pre-diabetes.
These were the points which suggest that dairy products help in reducing the risk of diabetes, but in some recent researches the result came out that those dairy fats that contain palmitic acid, increases the chances of type 2 diabetic problem.
So, in this case, we have to distinguish between all available dairy products, which are good for us and does not increase the risk of diabetes and those dairy products, which contains palmitic acid and increases the risk of type 2 diabetes. For finding which dairy products are good for diabetic patients or not, have a look at the next point.
Good Dairy Products Which do Not Increase the Risk of Diabetes:
Here is the list of ways with the help of which you can choose good dairy products because of which you would not have to face any risk under your diabetic problem.
- The first and most important ways are to choose lower-fat milk and dairy products, which have low-fat in them. Although there are various places where you will hear that both high-fat milk or high-fat containing dairy products and low-fat milk or lower-fat containing dairy products are good for diabetic patients. But that’s not the complete truth, and if you want to never face the diabetic problem or does not want to increase the risk of your diabetes problem, then you should always choose lower-fat milk and lower-fat dairy products.
- Cheese is also a good dairy product because of which you will not face any risk regarding diabetes problem. But you should choose cheese with some limitations, as there are several different type of diabetes, not all of them are good for persons facing the problem of diabetes.
- Yogurt is also a good dairy product with almost zero risks of diabetes. Various researches took place in which the results were found that those people who ate a lot of yogurts daily reduced their risk of type 2 diabetes up to a greater extent.
As you might be knowing that getting obese is one of the main factors because of which one can be caught by type 2 diabetes, so with the help of yogurt many people lose weight with the help of various nutrients present inside them.
- You must have heard about the Glycemic Index, in short, which is called GI. This is a type of index with the help of which one can know that, which food product can raise how much blood glucose level.
It is noted that various dairy products such as low-fat dairy milk and many other dairy products have a lower GI, which means they raise a minimum amount of blood sugar glucose level in your body.
As in the case of diabetes, one is unable to breakdown glucose particles to get used for generating energy in body cells, because of lack of insulin in the body. With the help of such dairy products with a lower GI, the production of blood sugar glucose would be lesser and hence will not create any problem. While if you choose any other food product to eat, then you would have to face some risk under diabetes case.
One more benefit is also there if you use such dairy products, and that is you will not feel hungry after a short interval of time, and hence blood sugar level will not increase at all.
- String cheese- As I mentioned above that not all type of cheese is good for diabetes patients, but string cheese is one of those type of cheese which is highly beneficial for diabetic patients. There are two main reasons for that, and that’s because string cheese is a good source of protein, and if you add it into your diet then you will never lack in any good protein level while the second reason to choose string fat is because this cheese contains minimal amount of fats inside them, because of which you will never face any sudden hike in blood sugar level.
- Grass-Fed Dairy- The next type of dairy products that you should eat are the product which is produced with the help of those cows whose diet is entirely grass-based and does not consume any other eating material.
Bad Dairy Products Which Can Have Adverse Effects With Diabetes:
Here are some dairy products, which puts an adverse impact on the body of a diabetes patient.
- Cheese- In the above list, I have mentioned that not every type of cheese is good for diabetic patient and also told that string cheese is good for the health of a person with diabetes.
But on this list, we will discuss which type of cheese is not good for diabetes patients, and that is the cheese, which contains a higher amount of salt inside them. This is because, with a higher level of salt present inside the cheese, you would have to face a problem of higher blood pressure, which will put a harmful impact on your diabetes problem.
So never choose those type of cheese, which contains a higher amount of salt in them.
- Fat-free milk- The next dairy product, which puts a bad impact on diabetic patients and such patients should avoid this product, is fat-free milk. This is because whenever you intake fat-free milk at that time, your body would have to face a sudden hike in blood sugar level, this is because fat-free milk absorbs in your body at a faster rate.
While on the other hand if you are facing diabetes problem, and you don’t want to get into any risk then you should go for almond milk, this is because almond milk has lesser amount of sugar in it, and it does not get absorbed faster, and it takes some time to get absorbed by your body.
- Sweetened dairy products- Although in real dairy products you will notice that there is not extra sweetness added, if you are having a type of dairy product which has added sugar in it, then you should avoid it. Because this will increase your body’s blood sugar level up to a higher extent, some of those dairy products which have extra add-on sugar in them are Chocolate milk, ice cream and there are some types of yogurts which have extra added sugar in them.
One Very Significant Reason for Avoiding Dairy Products:
Although we have already discussed that there are some dairy products, which are good for diabetic patients while some dairy products are bad for their health, but do you know which is that one biggest reason because of which everyone should avoid dairy products?
So the reason for which you should avoid all dairy products is that several companies are producing fake dairy products and such products have the only motive to put your body in harm. While if you are already facing a problem such as diabetes, then you would be under high risk if you intake such fake diary products.
These fake dairy products are made up of some bad factors such as-
- Chemical- The first bad thing because of which these fake dairy products are made up of are chemical. You must have heard about fake milk, and the fake milk is made up of shampoo with some other added chemicals.
- High sugar amount- The next significant risk you would have to face if you have a fake dairy product is that these products have higher and extra added sugar amount, which puts the body of a diabetic patient into higher risk.
- Cancer-causing chemicals- It is noticed that fake dairy products or the dairy products which are made by using some sort of mixtures are causing cancer.
These were some reasons because of which you should avoid almost every dairy product, or if you want to have dairy products then buy them after doing proper research about that company.
We come at the conclusion of this article and we have discovered that not all dairy products are good for diabetic patients. Some dairy products put an adverse impact on diabetic patients. Choose your dairy products wisely!
Check Out Below the Best Way
to Lower Your Blood Sugar Fast!
Please share on social media below and forward this to others who need help and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it!