Does Diabetes Cause Yeast Infections? People with diabetes are more vulnerable to develop yeast infections. When one has a high blood sugar level, the body’s tissues act in an abnormal way. Diabetes can be complicated that the blood sugar levels, if not kept under control, could trigger such a skin infection since the increased level of glucose in the body does affect many other bodily mechanisms and has a huge influence on the body’s immune status.
Diabetes and Yeast Infections
This causes the body defenses to stop processing the metabolism that normally prevents the body from having problems. Such a problem is called candida yeast and this yeast is generally found throughout the human body in low levels. When they grow in large numbers and immediately these things can happen in the vagina, and it becomes a yeast infection.
Type 1 diabetes occurs when one’s immune system (which is the body’s system for fighting infection) attacks and abolishes the insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas. Experts think type 1 diabetes is caused by genes and environmental factors like viruses which they say trigger the disease. When you are a diabetic, the ability of the body to control blood sugar levels will be affected.
Blood Sugar Levels and Insulin
Diabetes, when not well-controlled, the blood sugar levels can thwart to unreasonably high levels. The sugar increase causes yeast to overgrow, most especially in the vaginal area causing one’s body to develop a yeast infection in response. Due to the nature of a woman, any women with diabetes have an increased risk of developing frequent yeast infections due to their increased blood glucose levels.
At the same time, when your pancreas ceases to produce sufficient amounts of insulin or starts to trigger the resistance of insulin, that is when type 2 diabetes may be begin. The reason for this may be questionable, but research has it that genetics and environmental factors are some factors, such as excess weight may seem to be contributing factors to Type 2 diabetes.
Sugar does not necessarily cause diabetes, but there is one way that sugar can influence the life of a person with Type 2 diabetes. Too much sugar consumption or consuming sugary foods and drinks can make people put on weight. And weight gain when one eats too much can give raise your risk of getting diabetes.
Diabetes is a state where high blood sugar levels can weaken the patient’s immune system defenses and health problems linked to it, thereby making infections of yeast to occur. Although many people are sensitive to talking about this matter, they believe that having it is an embarrassing situation and would not like to discuss it with anyone.
While the negative things that diabetes does to the human body are numerous, it can slow down ones body’s ability to fight infection. The presence of these high sugar levels in one’s blood and tissues enable bacteria to grow and help infections develop more quickly.
Chronic infections are one of the main causes of yeast overgrowth. Yeast usually is fed by sugars present in the body. So when one’s diabetes is not well-controlled, the blood sugar levels can increase to unreasonably high levels. This increase in sugar sometimes causes yeast to overgrow especially in the vaginal area. Your body may develop a yeast infection in response due to the presence of too much sugar. It does not only result in diabetes, but also causes yeast infections.
Vaginal yeast infections are mostly caused by the organism known as candida albinos. They are very common and affect up to 75% of women. Yeast infection has symptoms that range from mild to moderate. The most common among them is itching in the vagina and the tissues at the vulva also known as vaginal opening. Others are vaginal rash, burning sensation during intercourse or while urinating, vaginal discharge, swelling and reddish color of the vulva, vaginal pain, and soreness.
There are many ways that one can prevent yeast infections.
- Eat a healthy diet
- Consume more probiotics
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Use birth control that doesn’t contain estrogen.
- Clean your vagina often
Talking about healthy foods, Proponents of these regimens can help to cure or prevent yeast infections. Hence, eliminating food such as anything fermented with yeast with emphasis on alcoholic drinks, white flour, and other glutinous grains is going to help you. Foods containing simple sugars of which many fruits are included, some dairy products such as whole milk may help avoid yeast infections.
There are home remedies which include over the counter treatments.
Using cream as antifungal treatments or pessaries which can be purchased over the counter to treat yeast infections.
- Coconut oil
- Vaginal boric acid capsules also are known as boric acid can work for women with a yeast infection.
- Natural yogurt
- Tea tree oil.
- Oil of oregano.
- Probiotic supplements.
Constant monitoring of your blood sugar levels is one of the ways to prevent yeast infection also. You need to adhere strictly to your diabetes diet. This can be hard, but it is important to your overall health. If you want to control diabetes but you go about doing things that can give you yeast infections, then you need to choose any of the preventive measures above in eradicating such.
Using over the counter remediation as listed above can be very useful as well as the home remedy or you can avoid yeast infection by eliminating the foods stated. However, you can contact your doctor about diabetes and yeast infection to see if he or she wants to give you a prescription for something that will work faster.
Treatment for a yeast infection is the same for a diabetic as it is for a non-diabetic. Yeast infection should be avoided because it affects you not only physically but sexually, as your sexual relationship suffers. It is very uncomfortable and painful to deal with genital infections.
The fungus (candida) responsible for yeast infection, naturally lives in the warm, moist parts of the body like the vagina, intestines, and mouth. When the natural balance of the body is troubled, candida grows quickly leading to infection. This infection is commonly associated with women because the most common Candida infection is a vaginal yeast infection. The symptoms are very disturbing that your sexual life will also suffer and that is why it is important that you know how to prevent vaginal yeast infection.
Men Use Caution too!
Male gender is not free from this type of infection. It is very possible to find men with yeast infections too, but not to be the compared to women. Most men with yeast infection get that from their partners during sexual intercourse. Also, some men who may not be circumcised, can have a more of a chance getting a yeast infection.
The reason for this is that it isn’t an easy task to keep folds of the skin of the foreskin clean because they aren’t the easiest to get at and this is where fungus will thrive. Diabetic men or men with other diseases as well as those that have an illness that lowers the immune system are also more at risk for contracting a yeast infection.
They can get their genitals infected, especially at the tip of the penis. Many times, these infections may be caused by some other diseases like diabetes. Yeast infections can occur due to food habits, like drinking too much alcohol, beer or eating too many carbohydrates, sugar, or yeast products like bread and cakes.
Men may have identical symptoms that women have and they may include: a modest discharge, possible sores on the foreskin, an irritation and /or itchiness of the skin, suffering some pain through sexual intercourse, and a possible appearance of a substance resembling a white “cheese” kind of material in the area of the penis.
There are measures that you need to take in preventing vaginal yeast infection. You need to take action before your yeast infections become more frequent and more severe. Studies have shown that a yeast causing organism cannot survive under extreme heat, so it is best you gather all your panties and boil them.
Wash them with odorless soap. Also stay away from sugar because it is the main source where yeast fungus feed on, even after medical treatment there may show some remnants of the fungus in your body. So avoiding sugary foods because is a good way of preventing a yeast infection. This is important to follow.
Wear loose clothing because tight clothing restricts good air circulation. Often times try wearing loose clothing as much as you can to prevent from dampness created by sweating. The warm and damp area is where the fungus thrive which can cause by wearing tight-fitting clothes.
There are other ways to avoid yeast infection and it is by eating unsweetened plain yogurt. Yogurt contains lactobacillus acidophilus that can help control the propagation of yeast hence it should be avoided.
It is easier to prevent constant yeast infections than suffer from the anxiety and stress of having recurring infections. You can help yourself by putting a stop to these favorable conditions for yeast growth and you will stop being worried about the physical and emotional discomfort of having a yeast infection. You especially do not need this while you have type 2 diabetes.
Does Diabetes Cause Yeast Infections? The connection between diabetes and yeast infection could well come from the diet you follow. Your lifestyle as well could be, so try to stay away from all these negative foods. When certain parts of your daily life contribute to the growth of the infection, no matter how you try to prevent it, the infection will certainly come back and you don’t want that!
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Below!
Please forward this article to others who may need help and please share on social media below and leave any questions or comments you may have as well. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy one!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Accurate: Metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip correctly to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- 7 Seconds And 0.7µl Blood: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.16USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API