Cucumbers are healthy for you. Are Cucumbers Good for Diabetics? Consuming cucumbers can help type 2 diabetics lower their blood sugar levels because of their high fiber content. One of the key elements in lowering blood sugar is fiber. Cucumbers are low on the glycemic index with a rank of only 15 and that’s great news because anything under 55 is what you’re looking for.
Can Cucumbers Really Help with Lowering Blood Sugars?
Any food that is low on the glycemic index should be in your diet when you have type 2 diabetes. Cucumbers contain 95% water and are loaded with fiber. Fiber is very important when you’re looking to lose weight and keep your blood sugars down.
If you have issues with digesting seeds, then you may want to remove by cutting the cucumber in half and then removing the seeds because as far as I know, you cannot buy cucumbers with the seeds already removed. Since the pancreas produces insulin, it’s also known that cucumbers get hormones that are necessary by the beta cells that are responsible for producing insulin.
By adding cucumbers to your diet of already healthy fruits and vegetables, you’re giving yourself more ammunition in the fight against type 2 diabetes. Listen, every little bit helps, right? Of course it does and while there are other natural ways to lower your blood sugar, it’s a wise choice to make sure that cucumbers and foods similar to them help your body conquer diabetes!
Health Benefits of Cucumbers
1) Helps in Losing Weight
Losing weight is always great for controlling your diabetes and many other health issues. Nobody likes carrying extra weight and if you’re eating the right foods, you can actually lose weight instead of gaining it. Cucumbers can help you in the weight loss department because they are low in calories. One cup contains only 16 calories!
2) Staying Hydrated
It’s vital to stay hydrated and in addition to drinking water, cucumbers can help with hydration because they consist of over 95% water. Just by having cucumbers in your diet you are adding over 25% of your daily intake of water through this food alone. Any fruit or vegetable that is high in water content is very good for your body!
3) Bowel Movements
Cucumbers can be responsible for the promotion of regular bowel movements. As I just mentioned about the contents of water in cucumbers, if you’re on the dehydration side, it can make the passing of your stools more difficult. This can be rather uncomfortable.
Because of the fiber content, it makes your bowel movements more regular and can increase the number of times you “go.” Cucumbers contain pectin which is also found in apples and pears and contains soluble fiber which also increases your bowel movement frequency too. Good bowel movements are going to make you a happy camper for sure!
4) Pain Relief
When you’ve got pain from free radicals running rampant in your body, cucumbers provide polyphenols and anti-inflammatory substances into your body and this decreases the pain. The cucumber plant has been typically used for headaches and the seeds are diuretic and cooling. This is good to know because who wants to suffer with any pain, right?
5) Stabilizes Your pH
Cucumbers help to stabilize your pH level of your body by ridding your body of free radical cells which tend to be acidic and could possibly cause cancer symptoms. You can raise your alkalinity level by consuming cucumber water on a regular basis.
6) Blood Pressure
It’s always important for your blood pressure to be as normal as possible. Cucumbers are abundant in fiber, magnesium, and potassium which help to keep your arteries opened up and hydrated as well. This is a huge reason why cucumbers are suggested for anyone dealing with high blood pressure.
Check Out the Video Below About Cucumbers
7) Your Skin
I’ve always wondered about when I see cucumbers are someone’s eyes. But I figured it had to do something with providing a health benefit. It turns out that I was correct! I know a lot of women in particular who like to “pamper” themselves at the spa with this technique.
The reason for the cucumbers on the eyes is simple. They provide a soothing and cool effect for your eyes and help to reduce inflammation, swelling, irritation or puffy eyes when you use them on your eyes this way. In addition if you’ve been unlucky and gotten sunburned, cucumbers can also help your skin for this condition.
8) Healthy Heart
It’s pretty well know that fruits and vegetables are healthy and good for reducing your risk for stroke, diabetes, obesity, and of course heart disease. One of the biggest benefits against heart disease is potassium and cucumbers are loaded with it.
Research revealed that having cucumbers as a part of your daily diet are connected with lower risks of high blood pressure. They help by the widening of your blood vessels and that helps your blood pressure for sure. For your blood clotting to functioning normally, you need vitamin K, which cucumbers do contain.
9) Nails, Bones, and Teeth
Cucumbers are especially helpful for the strengthening of your tendons, cartilage, bones, and ligaments which themselves are strengthened by caffeic and ascorbic acids. They contain silica which aids in your connective tissue forming. This assists in the strengthening of your bones that may be weak.
You can really improve the health of your bones with cucumbers because they are rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, B6, C, and folic acid that make this possible.
10) Memory and Brain
Studies have been done on fisetin which is a flavonoid that helps improve memory, protect nerve cells and lessen the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. So because cucumbers contain fisetin they are able to help with memory and the health of the brain.
11) Easy Diet Additive
Cucumbers are easy to add on to almost any meal. I make sure they are always in my salad and at times I will include them in my meal especially if I’m not having salad. You can have them when you’re having a vegetable snack. Just cut them up and add them to any meal because they are good for diabetes and blood sugars as well.
12) Bad Breath
Nobody likes having bad breath and unless someone else tells you, the fact is that you would never know. Bad breath is caused by bacteria in your mouth. You want to rid your mouth of the bacteria that cause this condition and cucumbers can help erase the foul smell because they contain a great deal of water and fiber. This assist in boosting your production of saliva which is going to give your mouth a cleaner environment!
13) Lower Cancer Risk
So one way that cucumbers can help with helping to fight against cancer is they contain two things that can be responsible for making them successful. One is cucurbitacins which is a nutrient of the cucumber and it helps to fight against cancer. The second is lignans which is a polyphenol that has a possibility of lessening your chances for cardiovascular disease and some types of cancer.
14) Your Eyes and Vision
Your eyes are important and cucumbers can help by adding to the health of your eyes. Many times you’ll see people (Mostly women I believe) relaxing with cucumbers on their eyes and why? It’s because they are beneficial for your eyes as they consist of a great deal of water.
They provide benefits against wrinkles, improve your production of collagen, and enhance your skin. They consist of many antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to aid in better vision and at the same time helping to possibly avoid cataracts down the road.
15) Hangover Remedy
Cucumbers can be a natural cure for hangovers. They also can treat the headaches that go along with them. They help rid your body of the toxins that come from too much alcohol. The cucumber provides vitamin B and electrolytes lessen the effects of the hangover.
Side Effects of Excess Consumption of Cucumbers
Loss of Fluids
Too many can actually cause loss of fluids. The reason for this is the compounds found in cucumbers are diuretic and eating too many will cause you to urinate more than normal and that can lead to causing an imbalance, losing electrolytes and fluids from your body and could possible cause dehydration.
While cucumbers are good for you and provide many benefits, eating too many can be toxic because there are tiny areas that are extremely bitter that can be toxic, so you may want to avoid these.
There’s always a possibility that some folks can be allergic and experience specific hives or swelling in or around your tongue or mouth.
It’s always a concern for some things when you’re pregnant. Cucumbers are generally safe as long as you don’t overdo it. Moderation is always the key, so don’t forget it.
Eating too many cucumbers could possibly give you gas, bloating, and especially trigger issues in your digestive system from the seeds in the cucumbers.
So Are Cucumbers Good for Diabetics? They most certainly are and as I said consuming a healthy vegetable such as a cucumber is going to help your body get healthier while fighting off type 2 diabetes. While cucumbers aren’t my favorite vegetable, they are part of my diet.
End Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API