Tomatoes are also good for you because of their low carbohydrate content. Some of the major complications of diabetes are controlled by the powerful antioxidants that they contain. Are Tomatoes Good for Diabetes? Tomatoes are excellent for diabetics and they are a powerful superfood that is very beneficial for blood sugar and diabetes. Allow me to reveal all of the benefits of tomatoes especially for diabetes.
Why Are Tomatoes so Beneficial for You?
Controlling your blood sugar is crucial to your health and tomatoes are an excellent choice for diabetics. Tomatoes are also good for you because of their low carbohydrate content. Some of the major complications of diabetes are controlled by the powerful antioxidants that they contain.
Tomatoes are a great for controlling your blood pressure which is a great benefit for diabetes. When you have diabetes the clotting of your blood is helped by blood platelets which can become “stickier” and this in turn raises the risk for higher blood clotting. This can helped to be avoided by the phytonutrients contained in tomatoes.
This clotting process is why people with diabetes are more prone to strokes and heart attacks. That is why it’s important to have these phytonutrients in tomatoes to aid in decreasing any blockages in the blood vessels.
Most people consider tomatoes as a vegetable when in reality they are actually a fruit. I’m with most people and to me, tomatoes are a vegetable. But either way tomatoes have natural sugar, but not enough to be a factor in watching your blood sugar.
Tomatoes are the way to go. I love tomatoes in every way, shape and form and they are so healthy for you. They are one of most favorite foods.
Tomatoes and Sugar
As I said before, tomatoes are low in sugar content. There are two different types of sugar in tomatoes. Fructose and glucose are simple sugars that supply you with energy when your blood sugar levels drop by having them enter your bloodstream very fast. Part of your diabetes management is having to control your blood glucose levels.
The best way to help in managing your diabetes is by exercising, controlling your stress as best as possible, and following a healthy diet. One way to help you in accomplishing the task of keeping your levels normal is by consuming tomatoes with low sugar content because this aids in lower carbohydrates which lowers caloric intake. For folks with diabetes, this can help in losing weight and this helps your diabetes.
Studies have been done that revealed that consuming foods rich in antioxidants can possibly lower your risk of threats to your health that are linked to adult onset diabetes and then some. Tomatoes just happen to contain these antioxidant pigments known as carotenoids which is a color of red hue called lycopene.
Since tomatoes contain lycopene, potassium, vitamins C,E,K, and folate they help lower blood pressure in diabetics and that’s obviously a good thing. Controlling your blood pressure is important and keeping your heart healthy is equally important for your health with having diabetes. You want to avoid blockages and unnecessary clotting.
Avoiding strokes and heart attacks should be high on your list of bad health issues when it comes to diabetes and tomatoes are an excellent source in helping to avoid these serious health issues. One of the best ways to see how tomatoes can affect your diabetes is to test your blood sugar about two hours after your meal.
It’s best to have your tomatoes without pasta because if your blood sugar rises, it is the pasta that is responsible for the spike and not the tomatoes.
Check Out the Video Below for More about Tomatoes & Diabetes
Sensational Benefits of Tomatoes
1) Stronger Bones
Tomatoes are able to help you build strong bones because of their vitamin K and calcium content. These nutrients are able to aid with your bone tissues and help with making repairs that are minor and helping to strengthen your bones too.
2) Your Vision
Consuming tomatoes on a regular basis is an extraordinary way to help prevent night blindness. It’s hard too when you get older and your eyes have to be strained from the oncoming headlights of other cars.
3) Immune System
You can help to boost your immune system by eating tomatoes frequently. They can strengthen your immune system and control your levels of stress because of the vitamin C level that increases from the tomatoes. I love anything that helps build up my immune system.
4) Help with Smoking
You can decrease damage to your body from either smoking cigarettes or by inhaling second hand smoke by eating tomatoes. Cigarette smoke produces carcinogens that can be combated by the acids in tomatoes known as chlorogenic and coumaric acids.
5) Gall Bladder and Kidney Stones
Tomatoes help with reducing the occurrences of lower urinary tract infections. They also work as an antiseptic to help prevent your body against gallstones and kidney stones and to shield your body against diarrhea.
6) Prostate Cancer
You can greatly decrease your risk of prostate cancer because the fiber in tomatoes helps to control the general health of your colon. Tomatoes contain a phytonutrient that can stop any cancer cells of the prostate into developing. Prevention is always the best cure. Tomatoes are your prevention!
7) Weight Loss
If you want to lose weight or are on a diet, you’ll want to include tomatoes in your diet for sure. As long as you’re partaking in daily exercise and you’re following a healthy diet, then tomatoes can help you because they are full of fiber and water and that fills you up faster without too many calories.
8) Nice Skin
One of the best benefits of tomatoes is that it does an awesome job of protecting your skin with its vitamin C. Beta-carotene in tomatoes helps to limit the size of sunburn that can really do a job by damaging your skin. You can also help to improve the stretching of your skin, keeping your skin firm, and healing your wounds.
Studies have been done that show that lycopene is extremely successful in defending against cancer and specifically breast cancer, esophageal, cervical, rectum, mouth, and cancer of the stomach. This antioxidant is also highly effective in ketchup and I love ketchup!
You can help prevent diarrhea and constipation and keeping your digestive system in order with the consumption of tomatoes. Because they contain a high amount of fiber, this can help decrease any symptoms of constipation and scale up your bowels. In addition, tomatoes remove toxins from your body and help in the preventing of jaundice.
The End of Diabetes Begins Below
What keeps your hair strong and shiny is the vitamin A in the tomatoes. It also benefits your teeth and as I mentioned before, your eyes, bones, and skin too. Having tomato juice contains an abundance of vitamin K which increases your hair’s luster and gives your hair an improved appearance and texture.
12) Dangers of Statin Drugs
You can have as little as one pint of tomato juice of two ounces of tomato paste and this will help you to avoid any dangerous statins which can possibly lead to heart complications.
It’s pretty amazing to think that tomatoes can relieve stress and depression but it’s true. The folic acid aids in preventing the production of homocysteine, prevents blood clotting, and protects your brain.
14) Burns fat- There is an amino acid known as carnitine that speeds up the fat burning capacity by more than 30%. This amino acid is contained in tomatoes and is a great benefit for your health.
Tomato skins contain flavonoids which have two main compounds called kaempferol and quercetin which act like super antioxidants. They are present and highly concentrated on tomato skins. They have been shown to combat inflammation. Fighting inflammation is great for diabetes and disease in general. The best way to lower your blood sugar is with Curalin.
Bananas have always been known for their potassium, but a tomato has over 400 milligrams of potassium which is approximately 10% of your RDA. Your risk for kidney stones decreases by having your RDA of potassium.
Since potassium helps in lowering your risk of cardiovascular disease, strokes, and helps to control your blood pressure, it makes perfect sense to get your potassium intake and especially from tomatoes.
17) Prevent Acidosis
Your body is made to stay at a pH level of 7.365. There are many different choices that we make that can affect your pH level and you don’t want a high acid level. This can cause congestion, acid reflux, and acidosis. If you make the wrong choices and follow a diet that’s irregular and you’re not exercising on top of that, then your acid level will rise and throw everything off balance.
In order to try and maintain the pH balance you can include potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium in your diet. Tomatoes and their seeds contain these minerals and can help you to control the pH balance and prevent acidosis.
18) Enlarged Prostate
Lycopene is almost identical to a medication when it comes to treating an enlarged prostate. With an enlarged prostate the normal flow of your urine can be uncomfortable and a problem. With the male sex hormone known as androgen, the cells of the prostate can increase in size rather quickly.
Tomatoes have the ability to block this hormone to reduce the actions it has on the prostate. It can also have the benefit to prevent this benign growth from becoming dangerous and cancerous.
Are Tomatoes Good for Diabetes? Tomatoes are not just good for folks with diabetes. They are about the healthiest food you can have both for diabetes and your health in general. Tomatoes can help you with diabetes and in lowering your blood sugar.
The End of Diabetes Begins Below
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API