Managing diabetes is not all about eating boring food. Rather, it entails the intake of a balanced diet. Your food should be tasty and delicious. You only need to be conscious of the number of carbs, protein, and kinds of fats to be included in the food. I Have 5 Awesome Healthy Recipes for Diabetics for you.
By doing so, you won’t just ensure your diet is balanced, you will also be able to avoid food that can spike your sugar level intake. Perhaps you don’t want to miss out in tasting amazing and healthy recipes while regulating body sugar level, then this article is made for you.
5 Awesome Healthy Recipes for All Diabetics
It can be difficult sometimes when you have diabetes to find the right foods to eat and sometimes a few good recipes of different foods will help make your life a bit easier. It takes some creativeness in planning and coming up with recipes that are good for you even though you have diabetes. But it works!
You obviously want them to taste good, but at the same time you don’t want sugars and carbs that are going to spike your blood sugars. I wanted to try and give you a variety of recipes to try and that are healthy as well as tasting good of course. It’s a fact that you may be eating the right foods as a diabetic, but let’s face it, anything repetitive can get boring. So let’s hope you enjoy these recipes!
Here you will learn how to prepare great meals to take care of your diabetic condition. This will ultimately ensure that you’re not feeding on junk food. Instead, it helps you feel good and sound. Once you discover that you like the recipes you can save them and make them at your leisure knowing that your special meal is at your fingertips!
So, let’s dive in and start to explore these healthy recipes. I think you will love these and feel free to pass them on:
1) Chicken butter bean and leek pie
Enjoy your evening with a combination of chicken and tarragon in a cheese Sauce. Chicken butter bean and leek pie is a wonderful mixed flavor for a lovely evening meal.
Ingredients needed include:
· 1 tbsp. oil
· 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
· 2 leeks, sliced
· 2 tbsp. flour
· 600ml semi-skimmed milk
· 2 tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
· 50g mature Cheddar, grated
· 420g tin butter beans drained and rinsed
· 750g floury potatoes, cooked and mashed
· knob butter
1. First, warm the oven at temperate of 200 ° C.Place your saucepan inside the over and then pour oil in the pan. Allow the oil to be heated and after that, add the chicken and leaks to the heated oil.
2. Fry, the chicken for up to 5 minutes for it to turns brown.
3. Now it’s time to mix the flour with the milk. Pour the 2 tablespoons of flour inside the pan and stir it with 450ml of semi-skinned milk. Continue stirring them until they get thickened.
4. Stir the cheese and butter beans inside the tarragon and season them well.
5. Then, mix the remaining milk, butter , cheese, mashed potato over the chicken mixture
6. Finally, place your pie inside the oven and let it cook for up to 25 minutes for bubbling.
2) Chilled pizza
This is one of the alternative options any diabetic patient can have in replacement of doughier pizza bases
· 1 tsp rapeseed oil
· 1 red onion
· 1 red pepper, sliced
· 1 yellow pepper, sliced
· 1 tsp oregano
· 2 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
· 4 small (individual) plain naan breads
· 30g light cream cheese with garlic and herbs
· 30g 0% cottage cheese
· 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
· 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
· black pepper
STEPS OF PREPARATION
1. Warm the oven up to 190 °C
2. Take out your baking tray and spread oil on it. Then, add both peppers and onions to the oil and allow them to bake for up to 20 minutes. Once the onion and peppers are baked , take them out of the oven.
3. After that, Mix the oregano and sun-dried tomatoes with the baked onions and peppers and allow it to cool.
4. Follow the instruction on the naan bread pack to bake it for approximately 4 minutes and set it aside after the baking.
5. After the vegetables and naan bread becomes cool, spread each naan with the cream cheese and dot it with the cottage cheese.
6. After that, scatter the results of (5) with half of the basil leaves. Additionally, add the roasted onions and peppers to it.
7. Top the baked items with tomatoes and the remaining basil leaves as well. Serve the meal with a good grind of black pepper.
3) Chocolate Brownies
The Chocolate brownies are great for your afternoon tea. It can be prepared and served less than 15 minutes.
1. 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
2. 25g low-fat margarine spread
3. 250g cooked beetroot (in water)
4. 1 tsp instant coffee granules dissolved in 1 tsp water
5. 2 eggs beaten
6. half tsp vanilla extract
7. 2 tbsp. maple syrup
8. 100g ground almonds
9. 50g plain flour
10. 50g cocoa powder
11. 10 tbsp. granulated artificial sweetener
12. half tsp baking powder
1. You should let the oven get heated up to a temperature of 180°C. Then, take a 20 by 20cm baking tin and grease it and like the tine with a grease proof paper.
2. While the oven is heating, kindly melt the chocolate and the low-fat margarine spread inside a bowl. Stir it over simmering water and let it cool for a while.
3. Use the kitchen paper to eliminate any additional fluid coming out of the beetroot. Then, the eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup and dissolved coffee in a liquidizer. Blend them until they are pureed.
4. You can then add cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, and ground almonds and blend until they are well mixed.
5. Use a spoon to add the mixture into the baking tin and smooth the top. Then, bake the mixture with oven for a range of 15-20 minutes. By that time the brownie should be coming out with sticky crumbs.
6. Finally, leave the baked chocolate brownies for 15 minutes and cut it into your desired shape for serving.
4) Caesar Salad With Char-Grilled Chicken
For the dressing:
· 30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
· 2 tbsp. low-fat yogurt
· 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 tsp Dijon mustard
· juice quarter lemon
· 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
· pinch white pepper
· For the salad:
· 80g little gem lettuce
· 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
· 1 tsp olive oil
· For the croutons:
· 1 clove garlic, crushed
· half tbsp. olive oil
· pinch black pepper
· 10cm length baguette/ciabatta, cubed
· 10g Parmesan cheese shavings, to top
1. Allow the oven to mix up to 180 °C.
2. After that, you will mix the dressing ingredient properly and leave the mixture for a while to infuse.
3. To prepare the salad, break the lettuce into single leaves, then wash them and drain the pieces correctly.
4. Use your knife to cut the chicken breast into two different parts so they can be thinner. After that, rub them with a little amount of oil. Then, cool them for up to 2-3 minutes on each side of the sliced chicken breast. Allow to cool for a while and slice them into strips
5. To prepare the croutons, mix the olive oil and garlic in a bowl. Further, crush the garlic with the back of a spoon and then ensure you add black pepper to it. Stir them together and use the mixture to coat the bowl interior.
6. Then,, it’s time for you to add the bread cubes to the bowl and mix together with other content. Take a baking sheet out and spread the cubes on it. Then bake spread inside the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Use the spatula to turn the baked item carefully to avoid burning.
7. For assembling, kindly layer the lettuce inside a shallow bowl and then reserve the smaller leaves so you can produce concentric circles.
8. Sprinkle with the dressing, croutons, and chicken, and top with the Parmesan shavings.
5) Cowboy-Style Pork and Beans
The America –style beans is a lower fat meal of the Wild West. It’s capable of making a great filling and energetic tea.
1. 2 tsp rapeseed oil
2. 2 medium onions, finely chopped
3. 1 red pepper, finely chopped
4. 2 cloves garlic, chopped
5. 400g pork fillet, visible fat removed and cut into small chunks
6. 2 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
7. 1 tbsp. tomato puree
8. 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
9. 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
10. 1 tsp chili powder
11. 2 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained weight approx. 470g
1. Clean and rinse your saucepan, heat the oil inside it. Then add onion to it and let it cool for 3-4 minutes.
2. After that, add some garlic and red pepper to the mixture and let it cook for another 2 minutes
3. Add the pork and then cook for approximately 5 minutes till it browned
4. After the pork is cooked, add molasses, paprika , chili, puree, and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes
5. Finally, stir the beans and simmer for another 5 minutes and serve.
So there you go! You now have 5 Healthy Recipes for Diabetics that will not affect your blood sugars. I hope you like each and every one because I love them and so have others who have tasted them. Hopefully you will find these recipes enjoyable and you can have them whenever you so desire.
I always like to experiment and I sure have done so. I have to admit that only once in a while do I taste something new and don’t like it. These are awesome, so look for some more in the near future!
Please share on social media below and forward this to others who need help and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API