Are Tomatoes Good for Diabetics?
Tomatoes are excellent for diabetics and they are a powerful superfood that is very beneficial for blood sugar and diabetes! Controlling your blood sugar is crucial to your health and tomatoes are an excellent choice for diabetics. Tomatoes are also good for you because of their low carbohydrate content. Some of the major complications of diabetes are controlled by the powerful antioxidants that they contain.
Tomatoes are a great for controlling your blood pressure which is a great benefit for diabetes. When you have diabetes the clotting of your blood is helped by blood platelets which can become “stickier” and this in turn raises the risk for higher blood clotting. This can helped to be avoided by the phytonutrients contained in tomatoes.
This clotting process is why people with diabetes are more prone to strokes and heart attacks. That is why it’s important to have these phytonutrients in tomatoes to aid in decreasing any blockages in the blood vessels. This will help in maintaining the health of your heart. Having tomatoes that are fresh can also help in lowering your cholesterol and your triglycerides.
Most people consider tomatoes as a vegetable when in reality they are actually a fruit. I’m with most people and to me, tomatoes are a vegetable. But either way tomatoes have natural sugar, but not enough to be a factor in watching your blood sugar. Tomatoes are the way to go. I love tomatoes in every way, shape and form and they are so healthy for you.
Tomatoes and Sugar
As I said before, tomatoes are low in sugar content. There are two different types of sugar in tomatoes. Fructose and glucose are simple sugars that supply you with energy when your blood sugar levels drop by having them enter your bloodstream very fast. Part of your diabetes management is having to control your blood glucose levels.
The best way to help in managing your diabetes is by exercising, controlling your stress as best as possible, and following a healthy diet. One way to help you in accomplishing the task of keeping your levels normal is by consuming tomatoes with low sugar content because this aids in lower carbohydrates which lowers caloric intake. For folks with diabetes, this can help in losing weight and this helps your diabetes.
Studies have been done that revealed that consuming foods rich in antioxidants can possibly lower your risk of threats to your health that are linked to adult onset diabetes and then some. Tomatoes just happen to contain these antioxidant pigments known as carotenoids which is a color of red hue called lycopene.
Since tomatoes contain lycopene, potassium, vitamins C,E,K, and folate they help lower blood pressure in diabetics and that’s obviously a good thing. Controlling your blood pressure is important and keeping your heart healthy is equally important for your health with having diabetes. You want to avoid blockages and unnecessary clotting.
Avoiding strokes and heart attacks should be high on your list of bad health issues when it comes to diabetes and tomatoes are an excellent source in helping to avoid these serious health issues. One of the best ways to see how tomatoes can affect your diabetes is to test your blood sugar about two hours after your meal. It’s best to have your tomatoes without pasta because if your blood sugar rises, it is the pasta that is responsible for the spike and not the tomatoes.
Sensational Benefits of Tomatoes
* Stronger bones- Tomatoes are able to help you build strong bones because of their vitamin K and calcium content. These nutrients are able to aid with your bone tissues and help with making repairs that are minor and helping to strengthen your bones too.
* Your vision- One very important mineral for aiding people with diabetes to help keep their blood glucose levels under control is chromium. It’s vitamin A in tomatoes that is powerful for improving your vision. Consuming tomatoes on a regular basis is an extraordinary way to help prevent night blindness. It’s hard too when you get older and your eyes have to be strained from the oncoming headlights of other cars.
* Immune system- You can help to boost your immune system by eating tomatoes frequently. They can strengthen your immune system and control your levels of stress because of the vitamin C level that increases from the tomatoes.
* Help with smoking- You can decrease damage to your body from either smoking cigarettes or by inhaling second hand smoke by eating tomatoes. Cigarette smoke produces carcinogens that can be combated by the acids in tomatoes known as chlorogenic and coumaric acids.
* Gall bladder and kidney stones- Tomatoes help with reducing the occurrences of lower urinary tract infections. They also work as an antiseptic to help prevent your body against gallstones and kidney stones and to shield your body against diarrhea.
* Prostate cancer- You can greatly decrease your risk of prostate cancer because the fiber in tomatoes helps to control the general health of your colon. Tomatoes contain a phytonutrient that can stop any cancer cells of the prostate into developing. Prevention is always the best cure. Tomatoes are your prevention!
* Weight loss- If you want to lose weight or are on a diet, you’ll want to include tomatoes in your diet for sure. As long as you’re partaking in daily exercise and you’re following a healthy diet, then tomatoes can help you because they are full of fiber and water and that fills you up faster without too many calories.
* Nice skin- One of the best benefits of tomatoes is that it does an awesome job of protecting your skin with its vitamin C. Beta-carotene in tomatoes helps to limit the size of sunburn that can really do a job by damaging your skin. You can also help to improve the stretching of your skin, keeping your skin firm, and healing your wounds.
* Lycopene- Studies have been done that show that lycopene is extremely successful in defending against cancer and specifically breast cancer, esophageal, cervical, rectum, mouth, and cancer of the stomach. This antioxidant is also highly effective in ketchup and I love ketchup!
* Digestion- You can help prevent diarrhea and constipation and keeping your digestive system in order with the consumption of tomatoes. Because they contain a high amount of fiber, this can help decrease any symptoms of constipation and scale up your bowels. In addition, tomatoes remove toxins from your body and help in the preventing of jaundice.
* Hair- What keeps your hair strong and shiny is the vitamin A in the tomatoes. It also benefits your teeth and as I mentioned before, your eyes, bones, and skin too. Having tomato juice contains an abundance of vitamin K which increases your hair’s luster and gives your hair an improved appearance and texture.
* Dangers of statin drugs- You can have as little as one pint of tomato juice of two ounces of tomato paste and this will help you to avoid any dangerous statins which can possibly lead to heart complications.
* Depression- It’s pretty amazing to think that tomatoes can relieve stress and depression but it’s true. The folic acid aids in preventing the production of homocysteine, prevents blood clotting, and protects your brain.
* Burns fat- There is an amino acid known as carnitine that speeds up the fat burning capacity by more than 30%. This amino acid is contained in tomatoes and is a great benefit for your health.
* Inflammation- Tomato skins contain flavonoids which have two main compounds called kaempferol and quercetin which act like super antioxidants. They are present and highly concentrated on tomato skins. They have been shown to combat inflammation. Fighting inflammation is great for diabetes and disease in general.
* Potassium- Bananas have always been known for their potassium, but a tomato has over 400 milligrams of potassium whic is approximately 10% of your RDA. Your risk for kidney stones decreases by having your RDA of potassium. Since potassium helps in lowering your risk of cardiovascular disease, strokes, and helps to control your blood pressure, it makes perfect sense to get your potassium intake and especially from tomatoes.
* Prevent acidosis- Your body is made to stay at a pH level of 7.365. There are many different choices that we make that can affect your pH level and you don’t want a high acid level. This can cause congestion, acid reflux, and acidosis. If you make the wrong choices and follow a diet that’s irregular and you’re not exercising on top of that, then your acid level will rise and throw everything off balance.
In order to try and maintain the pH balance you can include potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium in your diet. Tomatoes and their seeds contain these minerals and can help you to control the pH balance and prevent acidosis.
* Enlarged prostate- Lycopene is almost identical to a medication when it comes to treating an enlarged prostate. With an enlarged prostate the normal flow of your urine can be uncomfortable and a problem. With the male sex hormone known as androgen, the cells of the prostate can increase in size rather quickly. Tomatoes have the ability to block this hormone to reduce the actions it has on the prostate. It can also have the benefit to prevent this benign growth from becoming dangerous and cancerous.
Are tomatoes good for diabetics? Tomatoes are not just good for folks with diabetes. They are about the healthiest food you can have both for diabetes and your health in general. Tomatoes can help you with diabetes and in lowering your blood sugar.
If You Really Want to Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Then Click the Button Below Now!
Please forward this article to others who need help and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy!