Sugar can be very addicting, especially in excess. Can Consuming Too Much Sugar Cause Diabetes? Well to begin with, sugar comes from the sugar cane and sugar beet plants and gets separated from these plants and is almost one hundred percent pure sucrose. Wow! Let’s learn about sugar and how it can really affect you.
Why is Excess Sugar so Bad for Your Health?
Sugar is a carbohydrate that is found inside vegetables and fruits. There are three different simple sugars known as sucrose, fructose, and glucose. I want to describe the difference between the three and what they do to your body. Sugar is the enemy.
The 3 Simple Sugars
Fructose is one of the three sugars that is found as a natural sugar in vegetables and fruits. It’s also added to many flavored drinks and sodas. It is only metabolized in your liver.
Glucose is the biggest source of energy for the cells of your body. It is the primary type of sugar in your blood. We get glucose from the foods that we consume or we manufacture it from other matter.
Glucose gets through the walls of your small intestine activating your pancreas to secrete insulin which gets the glucose from your bloodstream and transports it in your body through the bloodstream to your cells for energy use.
This “table” sugar is just that, commonly known as table sugar. It is acquired from sugar beets and sugar cane. Sucrose is naturally found in vegetables and fruits. I’m sure you remember from science class in school about photosynthesis. Plants are able to use this natural process by turning sunlight into the nourishment the require to grow.
One teaspoon of sugar has sixteen calories. Do you think that’s a lot? Consider this: one 12.oz can of soda has 10 teaspoons of sugar in it! One hundred and sixty calories and all that sugar! When I learned about how much sugar is in soda, I stopped drinking it.
Not that diet soda is better for you, but at least it doesn’t have all that sugar or calories! It just makes you think about sugar and why would you want to consume anything with such a large amount of something that isn’t good for you.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
When you Overdo it with Sugar
I think we can all agree that sugar tastes great with almost anything we eat. It’s hard to resist and once you start, you just keep feeding that craving by going back for more. Who hasn’t been guilty of eating a half gallon of ice cream? Bag of cookies? A whole cake? Box of donuts? Bag of candy?
Well, you get the picture. We’ve all been there and I’m sure you’re shaking your head and agreeing. But this is about why sugar is not good for you. Excess sugar is the enemy!
Maybe when we were kids, it didn’t matter so much. Kids always want sugar foods! But that was then. This is now. It’s time to face reality, right? Years ago there weren’t nutrition labels on foods. Well there’s nutrition labels on everything now. It’s important to read every label because I can guarantee that not everyone knows how many food products have sugar in them and how much.
Sugar and cigarettes have what in common? They both make your body age by affecting your cells. Too much will make every part of your body feel the negative effects. From the first time you experience a sugar high to increasing your chances of kidney failure, there are many repercussions. Too much cocaine is similar to too much sugar in that your brain and every other body part will suffer.
Watch the Video Below for More about Sugar Consumption
What Happens to Your Body with Excess Sugar
It Causes Insulin Resistance
This leads to diabetes. Insulin is extremely important to the body. It allows the glucose to enter your bloodstream and signal your cells to burn the glucose and not the fat. Insulin resistance is the major contributor of obesity, type two diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
It is occurring in many people including children. Sugar is like a fat train runaway. Once you get on this train, there’s no stopping it. Sugar increase that feeling of never being full and you just get addicted to it.
You have to really get a grip on sugar and not let it control you. Sugar has effects not only on your hormones, but your brain and significantly raises your risk of becoming overweight and diabetic.
The Liver and Fatty Liver Disease
So when the sugar gets broken down into the two simple sugars, fructose and glucose, they then enter your bloodstream. It isn’t necessary a problem as long as you only get a small amount of sugar (from fruit).
If you’ve just finished exercising then the fructose is processed and stored in your liver until required. Too much sugar can lead to fatty liver and more problems. But you really can’t eat and get too much fructose from fruit.
I always remember my mom saying that candy and sugar will rot your teeth. She must have had a partnership with the dentist. Cavities are caused by bacteria that cause them from sugar hanging out in your mouth.
Do you know about dopamine? It’s a chemical in the brain that makes you feel very good. Sugar gives you that craving for candy or anything else similar and doesn’t give you a craving for vegetables or fruits because veggies and fruits will not cause your brain to release the same amounts of dopamine. Your brain wants that pleasurable feeling it gets from the sugar foods and it’s a never ending battle.
It’s fairly common sense that the more we eat, the more weight we gain. This is detrimental to our health by just being overweight. But sugar in excess will increase the risk for diabetes and then there’s all sorts or issues. It’s best to keep the weight off.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
The job of the pancreas is to push out insulin when you eat something. So by overeating, your body does not respond to insulin the way it normally would. So now, your pancreas will pump even more and when it eventually stop working the way it’s supposed to and what happens? You guessed it. Your blood sugar levels climb and setting the stage for possible heart disease and diabetes.
Accelerated Aging of the Skin
Sugary foods and too much sugar will affect your skin because it damages the collagen (which keeps your skin looking nice). These foods packed with sugar also will end up giving you premature wrinkles and will decrease the flexibility and stretching of the skin.
I would like you to know that between two and four servings of fruit each day will give you the natural sugar you need that won’t do these things to your skin. And your skin is your largest organ and the one that everyone can see.
Stress Caused by Eating
Stress. and sugar. What a combination, and I don’t mean a good one either. Sugar and sweets decrease cortisol which is a stress hormone. Your risk of insulin resistance rises when your body gets stressed inside from the excess amounts of sugar that you’re putting into it. One of the excellent ways to combat this is through exercise. Exercise aids in decreasing cortisol.
Energy Peaks then Drops Like a Brick
When you get a fast rise in energy from any refined carb, such as pastas and white breads, you get brought way down after while. You actually feel more energy drained than you did in the beginning. (It’s referred to as crashing)
To avoid this, it’s best to have snacks between meals that have protein instead such as fresh vegetables and fresh fruits or even Greek yogurt. Any protein snack will suffice. And you won’t experience the “crashing.”
Sugar Can Lead to Cancer
Rising levels of insulin from sugar consumption can lead to cancer. It really pays to start curbing your intake of sugar because it has no benefits for you if you’re a sugar junkie. Sugar leads to inflammation which is another cause to leading to cancer.
Your cells are the ones that take the heat here when fructose speeds up the process of oxidation in those cells. The risk of diseases and health issues such as kidney failure, liver disease, and even cataracts increases. This results too from damage to your tissues, proteins, and your organs.
Without a doubt, loading up on sugar affects joint pain big time. And rheumatoid arthritis is right around the corner waiting for all that sugar consumption. It’s time to stay away from the foods with sugar calling your name.
Can Affect Your Mood
Too much sugar can give you a high where you’re very jumpy and feeling anxious and can’t stay still for even a minute which can affect your mood. It’s like you’re going a thousand miles a minute and can’t stop. This also can lead you to a depressed state as well.
Myth about Fat
Fat is the only thing that causes heart disease and increases your cholesterol. False! Sugar is just as much to blame. Very large amounts of fructose are responsible for raising your triglycerides (fat in the blood).
With diabetes excess sugar in your bloodstream can lead to damage to your kidneys. Your kidneys are very important because their job is to filter your blood sugar.
If your blood sugars get too high and to a certain level, then excess sugar is in your urine via your kidneys and if this is not kept under control then damage to the kidneys happens and can lead to kidney failure.
High levels of blood sugar can lead to impotency. High blood sugar in the bloodstream is affected by the circulatory system and this can be hampered by diabetes and can result in problems getting an erection. So guys? We don’t want this, do we? Knock off the sugar!
How Much Sugar are you Eating Each Day?
Well the average person consumes sixteen teaspoons of sugar daily! Are you kidding me? The recommended daily allowance is only eight teaspoons a day. Wow! That’s double what we should be having and that is toxic to say the least! It’s obvious that it’s the taste, but when you look at what sugar does to you, the taste is not worth the consequences.
Have you ever been on a diet? I mean, who hasn’t? And what do you count on a diet? Calories. Right? Well my friend, that’s excellent and I hope that whatever diet that you’re on, that you do well and keep your calories down and lose the weight. It’s healthy to lose weight and help your body by not carrying excess weight anymore.
News flash! It’s time to start reading the labels of everything you intend on eating and begin counting the grams of sugar. Everything that’s on a nutritional label is important, but I’m telling you that sugar better start becoming your top priority on the list of ingredients from now on.
There’s so much hype about fat, cholesterol, carbohydrates, and so on. Sugar is a carbohydrate that should now be enemy number one! If you don’t believe me, then go back and re-read what I just wrote about what sugar does to you, your body, and your organs.
I’m here to tell you that diabetes and high blood sugar is no laughing matter. The whole point of my website is to help and inform folks about the crucial facts about what out of control blood sugar can do. Once I was diagnosed with diabetes, I knew it was time to turn things around.
I hope that you do the same and start over and make a new plan in your life that excludes sugar. Please see your doctor and discuss this because you also don’t want low blood sugar. You need to control your blood sugar levels and your doctor will help you to accomplish this.
This isn’t a speech. I’m just telling you that I’m going through this and it’s not just about what you eat. Get out and exercise. Walk and get a pedometer so you know how many steps you’re walking. Ride a bike, inside or outside. I ride everyday if I can. I love it. Anything and everything will help you along with cutting down or cutting out the sugar.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Can Too Much Sugar Cause Diabetes? Yes! If I can help at least one person, then I’ve been successful. People here on this planet are here to help one another. I hope I have helped you. That’s my goal!
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API