A great question that needs to be answered is: what is the connection between Diabetics and Circulation? Good blood circulation is imperative in your maintaining overall physical tasks and health. Issues begin to happen when your blood is not circulating properly.
Why do Diabetics Have Poor Circulation?
One area where it can start is poor blood circulation in the feet. I have numbness in my feet, but it’s not from poor circulation because I’ve had tests done to show that, but it doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t be concerned about possible blood circulation in the future and in other areas of the body. I will be discussing poor circulation in the legs too.
One big reason I keep a check on things such as circulation is because of diabetes. I have mine under control, but I’m always mindful of the things that can happen with diabetes. Poor circulation can lead to many different problems and you don’t need them especially when you get older.
And it’s usually the result of bad choices we make such as eating unhealthy and lack of activity and exercise. You don’t want a stroke, kidney damage, or varicose veins which all can develop from poor blood circulation.
Poor Circulation and the Details
Once you start to experience poor blood circulation, it’s in the hands and feet. This can result from the start of plaque building up on the inside of your capillaries and your blood vessels. With some people it’s just mild with a little discomfort.
But when it gets more serious, you can be looking at varicose veins, high blood pressure, a stroke, problems with kidneys, hypertension, heart issues, or other problems that result from the restriction of blood flow.
Your circulatory system is responsible for delivering the necessary nutrients to your cells in your body. When the blood flow in a certain area of the body is compromised and your cells are unable to receive all of the energy and nutrients required for your body to function in a normal and healthy way, then it becomes a problem.
Now everyone can experience these problems but it’s more likely in someone with an underlying issue. That means children and babies too unfortunately.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
What are Some of the Symptoms of Poor Circulation?
- Lumps in varicose veins and blood vessels
- Experiencing dizzy spells
- Having memory problems, slowing of your mental abilities
- Dry skin in spite of drinking sufficient amounts of water
- Needles and pins feeling
- Skin blemishes and blotches
- Possible headaches
- Having some loss of hair on the legs and feet due to poor circulation
- Any feeling of shortness of breath
- Lack of energy and feeling exhausted most of the time
- Pain in the calf that keeps recurring
- A scratch, cut, or sore that takes a longer than normal time to heal.
- Cold sensations in your feet and hands.
- The growth of toenails slower than usual
- Coldness in your lower and legs and feet in comparison to other parts of your body
- Sudden loss of appetite
- Immune system weakening
- Erectile dysfunction in men
- Dark circles under your eyes
- Swelling of your hands and feet
Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
Have you noticed that maybe you’ve not been walking as much as you used to? Stop and take a minute to think about the reason for this. Is it because of a possible sore on your foot that is taken a very long time to heal or might it be because you’ve experienced aches of your muscles in your legs? Hmm, poor circulation perhaps? Well you need to do something about this.
Well, not to alarm you, but these could be the “silent” symptoms of PAD, or otherwise known as Peripheral Arterial Disease. Basically, it’s a narrowing of the arteries in your legs. This constricts the blood flow to your muscles.
It can sneak up on you without warning or may disguise itself to you as something else. It’s tricky because even it appears to something minor, it may not be. Never “assume” that something is nothing.
Always check with your physician. That doesn’t necessarily mean you run to him or her with every ailment. But this can be a serious condition and you don’t want to ignore it.
What are the Causes?
There’s a medical term called atherosclerosis and that is when the arteries begin to narrow and harden. The most common causes come from high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and of course smoking. You’re more likely to experience a worse case of PAD if you’re a diabetic that will get worse if not treated properly.
And the symptoms are?
The symptoms are basically muscle pain in your legs when you are exercising and then halts when you rest. The muscle pain is coming from not enough flowing of your blood. It most commonly affects your calf muscle, thigh, hip, buttock, and in less cases the foot.
You can either experience numbness, a burning sensation, or have to pain whatsoever and that happens because your body compensates for the blockages by making new blood vessels that detour around the blockage.
- Stop smoking
- Exercising should always be at the top of the list
- Eating healthy is right up there with exercising
- Controlling high blood pressure
- Controlling your cholesterol levels
- Surgery to bypass blocked artery if necessary (My wife had a blocked artery in her arm and they had to take an artery from her leg to bypass the blockage in her arm. It was most likely due to smoking at the time)
Watch the Video Below for More Information
About Diabetes and Blood Circulation
Natural Ways to Help Improve Blood Circulation
Get off Your Butt and Become Active
Little or no activity is a big reason for poor blood circulation. I’m not taking about running a marathon or going to a gym and doing a full workout for eight hours a day for eight days a week. Walking is easy and doesn’t require much. Walk for thirty minutes a day at least five days a week but preferably seven.
Pick up a pedometer for yourself and aim for 12,000 steps a day. Your legs and feet will thank you! I bike ride and I love it. Ride outdoors or get an exercise bike for indoors so you can’t use bad weather as an excuse. Got ya! I tried that one already!
Try Green Tea
Berries and citrus fruits are very high in fiber and vitamin C. These are nature’s way of thinning your blood and increases overall blood circulation function. You’ll also want to add goji berries and watermelon. Why watermelon you ask? Lycopene. It’s an antioxidant that improves blood circulation. It’s also found it tomatoes.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
The Proper Clothing
You’re probably thinking, huh? Well it’s simple. Tight fitting clothed can cut off your blood circulation. If you’re wearing tight jeans or socks, they can affect your circulation. How many times have to taken your socks off and there’s the red mark from where the band was holding them up? Too tight, perhaps? And while I’m on the subject, if you’re going on a trip and won’t be mobile for a while (such as a plane trip), you may want to consider compression socks to help improve circulation.
Stop Smoking Now
I know it’s easy for me to say that because I never smoked, but it definitely cuts down on your blood flow by narrowing your blood vessels. It also aids in raising your blood pressure and this damages your arteries.
By now you should know how important it is to be drinking enough water every day. Six to eight glasses each day. You have to hydrate your body and the only way to make sure that your circulatory system is functioning properly is by consuming enough of the H2O. Your body needs water and the right amount.
Now my choice was always milk chocolate, but that isn’t the right one in this case. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants (called polyphenols) which improve circulation along with cocoa which does the same.
The antioxidants relax the arteries, lowers your pressure and increases the circulation of the blood. Use caution though because chocolate has sugar (and calories) so do not have more than one or two squares a day. Check the labels for at minimum of seventy percent cocoa.
Now I’m talking about improving your circulation so whatever good or bad alcohol may do for you in other areas is your call. This is about poor circulation and alcohol is not a good choice generally. You can at least limit yourself to one or two drinks a day including red wine. Red wine can actually improve your cholesterol levels with the antioxidants that it contains. Don’t overdo it.
Nuts are always good for you and in this case especially almonds and walnuts. They carry healthy plant oils, high antioxidant levels, and protein for energy. Raw nuts reduce inflammation in your arteries. Another warning here: nuts have a lot of calories so a word to the wise is sufficient. Don’t overdo it. They are good for you to a point.
They have to be about the healthiest foods you can eat as long as you don’t overload them with high fat dressings and add-ons. Cucumbers, onions and celery contain fiber and help clean your blood and your body. Olive oil and olives have a positive effect on the health of your cardiovascular system.
Dark Leafy Greens for your Salad
My two favorites are spinach and broccoli, along with watercress and kale. These are so good for you because of their fiber and iron content and vitamin K and vitamin C. Bell peppers have so much vitamin C and they are beneficial for the circulatory system.
When dining in a restaurant and parsley was on my plate, I used to not eat it. Now? I never realized that parsley is a herb that is extremely healthy and great for digestion and the circulatory system. Containing vitamin K, it aids in detoxifying your blood and your liver. Bring on the parsley!
Gingo Biloba has been credited for the improvement of your memory but it also helps your blood flow more effectively and increases blood flow to the brain and strengthens your blood vessels. Cayenne increases blood flow, improves the strength of your arteries and capillaries, and can stimulate your heart.
Control your Stress
Know your Limits with Salt
Too much salt is absolutely no good for you. It will have a terrible impact on your circulation along with many other issues in your body. excess salt hardens your arteries. I never put any salt on anything I eat. But you also have to read labels and be aware of the food you purchase because it seems everything has salt and too much. So be careful.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Now you have the answers as to the connection between Diabetics and Circulation. You don’t want poor blood circulation in your feet, legs, or any other part of your body. You have the power to control this and have your circulation improve. My goal here was to help you be aware of what poor circulation is, how to avoid it, and how to treat it naturally. I hope you learned something valuable and if you did, then I was successful.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API