If you’re looking for a superfood to lower your blood sugar, black beans is it. They are EXCELLENT for you. It turns out that black beans are one of the healthiest foods you can ever eat and are beneficial for lowering your blood sugar. There are a load of benefits that black beans offers you. Let’s discuss why Black Beans for Diabetics is a great choice.
What do Black Beans Offer Diabetics?
Are you aware of just one cup of black beans contains? Think about this: heavy in nutrients and rich in proteins, 14 grams of fiber, 300 calories, NO grams of cholesterol, and 58 grams of carbohydrates.
Unbelievable! Black beans are an exceptional source of thiamin, protein, zinc, iron, selenium, potassium and magnesium.
Now, black beans are crucial for your digestive system and support. This is especially true for your heart because of its phytonutrients, including the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties (which by the way help toward preventing some cancers), and for your colon because of its fiber content.
It’s a wise choice to try and include black beans in your daily diet, if not at least three cups per week. You can include them in a lot of dishes such as salads and soups. When you think of extremely healthy foods, think black beans. Make them a priority. I love them and they taste no different to me than baked beans.
Health Benefits Black Beans Provide
Since fiber comes in two types they are both beneficial for your digestive system:
- Soluble Fiber: This fiber helps to control blood sugar and dissolves in water. Examples of sources on soluble fiber are: nuts, berries, apples, oatmeal, pears, citrus fruits, and of course black beans. These are excellent for your health and may favorite is apples. As you’ve heard: an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Insoluble Fiber: This fiber helps prevent constipation and does not dissolve in water. This fiber is rather substantial and the best sources are found in: wheat cereals, whole grains, celery, carrots, and my favorite: tomatoes. Foods with fiber are healthy anyway you have them so bulk up with fiber.
Free radicals are your body’s enemies. They can be most likely responsible for any harm to various systems and functions of your body. Any harm done could possibly lead to heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and cancer. Antioxidants have shown that they are able to prevent the free radicals effects on the body.
Anthocyanin is the antioxidant located in the skin of the beans and that gives black beans their color. This antioxidant is the reason that black beans are the best beans out of all of the variety of dried beans for you.
The best thing that you can do is to start adding black beans to your diet. I always ate beans but never black beans until I found out just how healthy they are for you and what benefits they offer. Needless to say, they are on my menu now.
Increase your Energy
Who doesn’t want more energy? So what mineral gives you more energy that we’re looking for here? If you said magnesium, you are correct. Black beans are an excellent source of magnesium. Most folks aren’t getting enough magnesium in their diet.
So if you are feeling tired and exhausted, a lack of magnesium could be the reason. Eat black beans regularly.
Again, magnesium combined with a plentiful supply of folate work together to prevent any damage to the walls of your arteries. And because black beans contain magnesium and help aid in the circulation of your blood through your entire body, it makes them an excellent choice to include in your diet.
If you have low iron levels, especially women who are menstruating, then black beans can help in raising your iron levels. This is also the case with children who are growing, teens, and lactating or pregnant women.
Watch the Video Below for More about Black Beans and Diabetes
Crucial electrolytes for your healthy body include magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Potassium is responsible for making sure that all of your organs are functioning properly. And black beans will give you an increase in the nervous system and muscle strength, as well as relief from anxiety and stress and regulating your metabolism.
Low potassium can result in muscle cramps and fatigue. For the most part, you won’t know what your potassium levels are unless your physician orders a blood test for an illness you might be experiencing. Just eat your black beans and you should be good to go. Bananas are rich in potassium as well.
Another huge benefit of black beans is that they are a great source of protein. Having a well-balanced diet rich in protein will result in the repairing and protecting of your body. Protein gives you hair that is healthy, a controlled balance of fluids in your body, and a stronger immune system.
Protein from animals is important, beans can step in as a possible replacement for meat, but the jury is still out on that so make sure that your diet is balanced and that you get protein from eggs, fish, dairy, or meat. You get a whole lot with black beans when it comes to protein because by making sure they are part of your daily intake, you’re not adding any saturated fats or calories.
Folate is also known as vitamin B9. Folic acid is found in supplements and processed foods and is crucial for your cells and production and the growth of DNA. Since B9 is like most other vitamins in the “B” family and that is water-soluble, it cannot be stored by your body. You need your daily intake of B9 so make sure you have your black beans and you’ll be covered.
Constipation, which is one of many digestive issues, can be experienced by all of us at some point in our lives. In most cases, it isn’t serious but still a concern because it’s uncomfortable and annoying. Your digestive tract can get a thorough cleaning with the fiber that black beans provides.
Once you incorporate black beans into your regular diet, then you can begin to feel the relief of constipation because the fiber in the beans will help to absorb your stool’s water. Eating black beans will not only be easier to digest than other beans, they will help you to feel full for a longer period of time.
Some beans may be uncomfortable for your gastric system, but not black beans. They are smaller in size which makes them easier to digest. Take your time when chewing them so that it helps even more. Black beans can help you with constipation.
We’ll do anything to protect us from cancer. Beans can help because they possess certain properties that may possibly prevent at least some cancers. Studies have shown that the phytochemicals in black beans have these anti-cancer properties.
Since colon cancer is the third leading cause of cancer in the United States, the good bacteria in the resistance starch of the bean helps to protect the cells of the colon and studies done revealed that eating beans two times a week reduced the risk of colon cancer by 50%!
Click Below for the Best Way to Lower your Blood Sugars Fast
There are many foods that will help with diabetes and lowering your blood sugar. Beans and especially black beans, have a lot of fiber which helps you to lower your glucose. The soluble fiber is what’s responsible for helping to control your sugar levels, hypoglycemia, and insulin resistance.
Black beans eaten on regular basis are beneficial in reducing the risk of impotence in men.
Cholesterol has always been and still is a big problem in the U.S. Statistics show that approximately one third of adults in this country have high cholesterol levels. And also a third may have it under control. Then less than 50 percent do anything about it as far as treatment.
Poor eating as a lifestyle, by eating high saturated fats and not engaging in any exercise will lead to obesity and raise your risk for high cholesterol. Adding black beans again to your diet can help to lower your cholesterol levels. Two or three cups of beans a week can help you with cholesterol. That should be sufficient.
I want to mention the minerals responsible for your bones and their strength. Magnesium helps to keep your bones healthy. The structure of your bones is supported by phosphorus and calcium.
Maintaining the flexibility in your joints is due to zinc and iron. All you need to get these important minerals to help is your black beans. They will help your bones.
Side Effects and Recommendations
The carbohydrates that black beans contain are the complex carbs which is good compared to the simple carbs which are not good for you. Since they have carbs and calories you don’t want to find yourself eating too many.
And you will be eating other carbs with your meals throughout the day. After all, too much of anything is not good. So just be careful.
Diarrhea and Constipation
While getting enough fiber is good for you, too much can cause diarrhea. On the flip side, without sufficient liquids, beans can cause constipation. Aim for 2-3 cups of black beans a week. This should help you out.
Fiber is healthy for you and when you consume fiber, it will pass right through your system. Overdoing it will cause your bowels to slow a bit because your body cannot digest the fiber in the beans. You could wind up with cramps that can be painful. Again, just use common sense and stick the recommended amount per week.
Everyone has heard about beans and gas. All it means is that your fiber intake in your intestines is being reacted to by bacteria.
There are some legumes that folks can either have an allergic reaction to or get a migraine headache from.
Some beans could possibly increase your blood pressure by interacting with certain medications. Discuss this with your physician first because they should be in the loop with anything that you do.
Gout and beans don’t mix. They can trigger a gout attack so again talk to your doctor first.
==>>The Best Way to Lower Your Blood Sugar is with Curalin<<==
So all of the issues here with black beans can mostly be addressed by more water in one way or another. You can help your beans by boiling because this gets more water into them and makes them softer which is easier to digest. Of course drinking plenty of water always helps not only with black beans and their fiber, but your overall health in general.
Black Beans for Diabetics is another excellent food choice for people with diabetes. Black beans and diabetes helps to lower your blood sugar and are extremely healthy for you and can help you with a variety of issues. But I always advise caution first and discuss any changes in your diet with your doctor first.
I am not a professional, but they are so let them guide you. That’s their area of expertise. While black beans help reduce blood sugar levels, if your levels are too high, you may need something that’s more powerful in lowering those numbers. But at least black beans will help somewhat.
With that being said, I really hope that you got something positive from reading my article. After all, the reason behind my website is lowering blood sugar the natural way, but also to be healthy in general. My goal is to help everyone who reads this to get healthier.
Click Below for the Best Way to Lower your Blood Sugars Fast
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
6 thoughts on “Black Beans for Diabetics – Why is This Superfood so Healthy?”
Wonderful article. Really good information here, especially for those changing their diets and looking for certain sustitutes while doing so. There are so many benifits in a plant based diet and this adds to all the great information out there for people to see for themselves how certain foods can help heal you, as well as help prevent lots of serious issues and ailments. Nice.
Anything that helps you in becoming healthier is always worth mentioning and writing about. I think that if more people realized how beneficial that black beans are, they would be making sure that they become part of their diets.
An ounce or prevention is worth a pound of cure they always say. I believe it. Black beans are the healthiest food you can eat. Thank you for your comments!
I have black beans in my cupboard, and I’ve never done anything with them so far:) Of course, I wouldn’t have them if I knew they were not good for the health. What I didn’t though, is that the black beans provide so many benefits. I am going to search for a tasty recipe with black beans this weekend, hoping my kids will eat them:).
Thank you very much for this useful post!
Thanks! I never realized how healthy that black beans are for you because I always basically ate baked beans. Black beans are a part of my diet now because they do offer so many benefits.
I love them with rice and on my salads. I’m sure you can find a good recipe for them and I hope your kids eat them too. Spread the word about black beans!
Thank you for commenting!
Hi Rob, I use a lot of different pulses in our diet such as a variety of beans, chick peas and lentls. We have used black lentils and blackeyed beans but I have not used black beans so I will look out for them next time i go shopping.
Your article was very informative and it surprised me with the number of benefits to be had from including black beans in our diet. I think I should feed my hubby lots of black beans, it will be good for both of us.
Great article ad well written. Thank you.
Beans are always good for us and black beans happen to be one of the healthiest foods we can eat. But it’s really important because they help to lower blood sugar. So adding them to our diets is a smart move.
The more beans we get in our diets the better. I never used to eat black beans but when I found out just how healthy they are and that they help lower blood sugar I started eating them right away. I’m glad you’re adding
them to your diets as well. Thanks for your comments!