There are many fruits that are good for you if you have diabetes. But Are Pears Good For Diabetics? Pears are an excellent snack for diabetics because they have a low glycemic index of only 38! They are also low in calories (100) and carbohydrates (26 grams). The key for a snack that is good for someone with diabetes in a low calorie, low carb, combination.
What Can Pears Offer You?
The glycemic index is the scale of how a particular food will affect your sugar. So the fact is that certain foods contain carbohydrates that raise your blood sugar and anything on the scale that is under 55 is considered a low glycemic food and pears are a great choice coming it at 38.
So we know that fruits have sugar. You might think that they are off limits when it comes to diabetes. That’s just not true, unless a specific fruit is high on the glycemic chart of over 55. Now you may or may not like pears. I love pears and since you’re reading this, I’m betting that you do too!
So what’s another reason for eating pears when you’re a diabetic? Well, in one word, fiber. Pears are high in fiber. But just like apples, you should eat pears with the skin on. A pear that is medium in size contains 5 grams of fiber. It’s just that important for you to have fiber in your diet and especially when you have type 2 diabetes.
Just what exactly does fiber do for you? It’s vital for your health because it not only helps control your blood glucose levels, it helps with lowering your cholesterol, and aiding in maintaining your weight. So if you want to lessen the chance of spiking your blood sugar by having reducing the absorption of carbohydrates into your bloodstream, then have a snack such as a pear that will help you do this!
Let’s face it. We all get the sweet tooth cravings, don’t we? We don’t have to succumb to the unhealthy cookies and candies calling our name. Pears can solve your sweet cravings and in a healthy way. Whether you have a pear or cut it up into pieces with fat-free whipped cream is your choice. Either way you’ll kill two birds with one stone by satisfying your craving and not raising your blood sugar!
Research has shown that having a diet that is deficient in fiber could increase your risk of developing heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Pediatricians suggest early on the we have a diet with lots of fiber for this reason. I remember our pediatrician suggesting pears for our daughter and she loved them! Pears have both insoluble and soluble fiber which is equally important.
Watch the Video Below for Additional Benefits of Pears
Health Benefits of Pears
1) Losing Weight
Calories are always of the the biggest concerns when it comes to losing weight especially when it comes to fruit. But with pears you’ don’t have to be concerned because a medium sized pear is around 100 calories.
That’s just a mere 5% of your daily total allowance. And they do provide you with a lot of healthy nutrition. You can get a lot from pears as far as energy too along with fiber that fills you up and resulting in weight loss.
2) Cancer Prevention
Why are antioxidants so important? They consist of anti-cancer properties which pears contain. This has been linked to preventing such cancers such as breast, colon, rectum, and lung cancers. It makes sense that a natural food such as pears would have the benefits of preventing these horrible diseases. A pear a day as they say. 🙂
3) Enhance Circulation
It’s not a good thing if you have poor circulation. If you are deficient in iron and are suffering from anemia, you’ll want to boost your iron intake. Pears offer iron and copper and have large amounts of both that will aid in the absorption of minerals into your system.
Because pears are high in copper and iron, you can help to weakness of your muscles, averting the breakdown of organs in your system, avoiding fatigue, and affecting your memory and thinking skills. So if pears can help you with these important issues, why wouldn’t you have them as part of your diet? They would be a part of my diet if they weren’t already!
4) Heals Wounds Faster
Pears can enhance the speeding up of your wounds in healing them faster. To me sometimes, it takes too long for a wound to heal. You want to encourage the health of your skin and your joints. This is done by expediting a protein that comes from vitamin C in pears known as collagen.
Because of this process your collagen can be functioning at its maximum rate and at the time your immune system is working to repair your body inside, your wounds will be healing faster on the surface of your skin.
Nobody likes being constipated. What you want to to is obviously avoid being low in fiber and being dehydrated. That will do it for sure! You don’t want to get to where it’s constipation that’s chronic and requires a doctor’s attention.
Pears can offer both fiber and water since they consist of ample amounts of both. Drinking plenty of water and getting fiber from other foods is going to help this situation as well. But the fiber from pears is also going to help with your gut as far as probiotics as well.
And because the probiotic bacteria are good bacteria that are part of your immune system defense against illnesses and diseases, you’re doing your body more good than you know!
6) Cognitive Health
I mentioned before that pears have high amounts of copper and a medium sized pear can be extremely beneficial for your nervous system. Senses of the brain that can help you to remember better and learn more are affected and can strengthen them.
There is a very strong antioxidant in pears called quercetin. This is powerful in the protection against type 3 diabetes or otherwise known as Alzheimer’s disease. You can only get this disease if you have diabetes.
7) Blood Pressure
Hypertension is dangerous and can cause a boatload of trouble. It can lead to strokes, heart attacks, and a host of other health issues you don’t want a part of. But the quercetin in pears is a powerful antioxidant that not only is helpful with your cognitive health, it also plays a huge role in maintaining a normal blood pressure.
Don’t take high blood pressure lightly! Check your own or have your doctor check it regularly because your life depends on it!
8) Your Colon
It’s fiber that you want and need to have a healthy colon, keep your stomach and digestive system functioning and helping to prevent colon cancer. You’ll get 5 % of your daily value of fiber from a normal sized pear. But always include the skin because half of the fiber is in the skin itself.
9) Your Vision
I always say that my eyes are the most important thing to me! With diabetes and age as well, you want to take extra care for your eyes. Pears happen to be on the top of the fruit list when it comes to benefits for your eyes and your vision.
10) Immune System
Why is your immune system so vital to your health? It’s because it keeps your body free from disease and illness and keeps you alive. Your immune system can help you if you help it.
You need vitamins and nutrients such as vitamins B2, B3, B6, folate, C, and vitamin K to help make your immune system be strong and these vitamins are all found in pears. Keep your immune system strong by eating a medium sized pear a day. That’s all you need!
11) Osteoporosis Prevention
This is a disease that usually affects the elderly and it takes away the strength from your bones which makes them a target for breaking more easily. The way to combat this is with calcium and pears can surely provide enough calcium for you.
12) Cholesterol Levels
When you think of high cholesterol levels, you think of your heart right away. It’s important to have the proper HDL (good) cholesterol, and LDL (bad) cholesterol numbers. You do want to do anything you can to prevent strokes and heart attacks and pears again can help with an extremely powerful compound known as pectin which is found in the skin of both pears and apples.
You want your body to flush all the toxins out through healthy bowel movements and bile. The water and fiber content in pears will help you to accomplish this. One reason that pears are so beneficial in this matter is because they are 90% water and that makes a smooth bowel movement to flush out the toxins properly.
Side Effects of Pears
Too much of anything is not good for you no matter what it is. But I want to mention a few things that you should know about eating too many pears. And of course, I want to also mention that anything you do should be approved by your doctor. So consult with him or her with everything you do! Safety first!
Excessive Pears for Digestion
One medium pear a day is good and healthy for you. It helps your digestive system. Too many pears? Not good. It’s because they could interrupt the absorbing of nutrients into your body.
Medications for Hypertension
Because pears contain potassium that helps to lower blood pressure, you’ll want to be careful if you’re taking blood pressure medications because you certainly don’t want your blood pressure going too low!
Are Pears Good For Diabetics? Absolutely! Don’t overdo it. You know how healthy they are and are good they are for your blood sugars because of their low glycemic index. Take advantage of this wonderful fruit for your health. It will not spike your blood sugar and there aren’t many side effects either. It’s a good choice to have if you’re a diabetic.
End Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API