When you are diagnosed with diabetes, one of the first things you need to do is to start eating healthy. Many times diabetes arises from poor eating habits. It’s all about diet and exercise. But there are so many diets out there today. Many work and some don’t. It can be rather confusing as to which one to choose. So, What is the Best Diet for Diabetes?
7 – Diets to Choose for Your Diabetes
It’s important to choose a diet plan that fits you the best. With any diet, you must watch your calories, stay away from junk foods, sugary foods, fatty and salty foods, and fried foods.
Portion sizes are important as well, along with keeping track of what you eat. You can do well against diabetes if you know what to do. That’s what I am trying to do here, help you. So let me introduce you to what I feel are the 7 best diets for a diabetic.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
1) Paleo Diet
You can’t change the fact that foods that are bad for your health are available now. It seems that they are staring you in the face everywhere. But the change we can make is to avoid them and begin eating like the cave people did so long ago.
And knowing what eating the wrong foods can do to your health is incentive enough to change your eating lifestyle permanently.
Losing weight is a major factor with any health issues but especially with diabetes. Staying away from refined sugars and processed foods is a must for diabetics.
Experts in the field of nutrition declare that by eating a more natural diet of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and animal products will result in a much healthier body and lifestyle which is what the Paleo Diet offers.
Some of the Benefits of the Paleo Diet are:
- Losing weight
- Your energy levels improve
- Building stronger muscles
- Improving your digestion
- Better blood sugar control
- Better sleeping
- Significantly improve the health of your brain
- Help control cholesterol level
- Building a stronger immune system
- Lessens anxiety and depression
Foods to Eat:
- Fruits in moderation, but mostly non starchy vegetables: cabbage, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, lettuce
- Healthy fats
- Fish and fresh lean meats
- Seeds and nuts: pistachios, cashews, almonds, walnuts, but NOT peanuts
- Oils such as coconut oil and olive oil
Foods That Are Off Limits:
- Refined sugars
- Vegetable oil
- Dairy products
- Processed foods
2) DASH Diet
DASH stands fоr “Diеtаrу Aррrоасhеѕ tо Stop Hypertension.” Itѕ рrimаrу аim is tо lower blооd pressure. Diаbеtеѕ аnd high blооd pressure tend tо gо hаnd-in-hаnd: Mоrе thаn hаlf of аll adults with diаbеtеѕ have hуреrtеnѕiоn.
On the Dash Diet you have limitations when it comes to red meat, drinks and foods with sugar, and sodium. Salt is a big issue and must be cut back on the diet as well. If you’re a diabetic, you’ll be lowering your fat intake, but adding additional unsaturated fats including seeds, avocados, nuts, and oils. This will boost your energy and help to control your blood glucose levels.
Below is a Liѕt of Hеаlth Benefits оf The Dаѕh Diet:
- Lowers уоur blood pressure
- Have healthier сhоlеѕtеrоl lеvеlѕ
- Enjоу healthy wеight mаintеnаnсе
- Lowers уоur riѕk оf dеvеlорing оѕtеороrоѕiѕ
- Hаvе hеаlthiеr kidnеуѕ
- Mоrе рrоtесtion frоm сеrtаin саnсеrѕ
- Ability tо рrеvеnt diabetes
- Avoid fееling hungrу
- Fееl and look уоungеr
- Enjоу imрrоvеd mental hеаlth
- Bеnеfit frоm ѕtrоngеr brаin funсtiоn
- Reduce your risk оf dеvеlорing hеаrt diѕеаѕе
- Hаvе a healthier lifestyle
3) Mediterranean Diet
Fоllоwing a Mеditеrrаnеаn diеt саn hеlр реорlе with tуре 2 diаbеtеѕ imрrоvе blооd ѕugаr соntrоl аnd lоѕе wеight, аll thе whilе ѕаtiѕfуing thе tаѕtе budѕ with frеѕh, flаvоrful ingrеdiеntѕ.
Thе diеt whiсh gеtѕ itѕ nаmе frоm thе trаditiоnаl еаting аnd сооking раttеrnѕ оf реорlе in соuntriеѕ bоrdеring thе Mеditеrrаnеаn Sеа hаѕ lоng bееn ѕtudiеd fоr itѕ hеаrt hеаlth bеnеfitѕ, but rеѕеаrсh аlѕо ѕuggеѕtѕ thiѕ аррrоасh саn оffеr аdvаntаgеѕ fоr реорlе living with tуре 2 diаbеtеѕ.
Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet:
- Fооd Iѕ Rеаllу Frеѕh
- Nо Cаlоriе Cоunting
- Yоu Cаn Hаvе Whole Grain Brеаd
- Fаt Iѕn’t Fоrbiddеn
- Thе Mеnu Iѕ Hugе
- Thе Sрiсеѕ Arе Dеliсiоuѕ
- It’ѕ Eаѕу tо Mаkе
- Yоu Cаn Hаvе Winе
- Yоu Wоn’t Bе Hungrу
- Yоu Cаn Lоѕе Wеight
- Yоur Hеаrt Will Thаnk Yоu
- Yоu’ll Stау Shаrреr Lоngеr
4) Mayo Clinic Diet
According to the Mayo Clinic it is a diabetes diet creating a healthy eating plan to help control your blood sugar. In their terms they explain it as a diet that in very simple terms means eating the healthiest foods but only in moderate portions and keeping strictly to regular mealtimes. I think this makes perfect sense.
The diabetes diet entails having three meals daily at regular times. The reason for this is that it will help the body use insulin better either through a medication or through the body producing it.
Your doctor will recommend that you meet with a registered dietitian so together you can plan a diet based on your particular lifestyle and health goals.
Part of this plan can include how much exercise you should be doing and what your meal portions sizes should be. Most likely your portions will be less than what you’ve been used to.
The plan will be to manage your weight, and control your risks for heart disease including high blood fats and high blood pressure and of course to control your blood sugar. I just think that’s obvious that you accomplish this with keeping track on what you’re eating and making the correct healthy food choices.
- Eat only when you’re hungry
- 3 easy to follow step by step sections
- Based on doctors research and their recommendations on eating
- Views of many doctors who are Mayo clinic experts
- There is no need for a calculator or scale
- Provides many examples and motivation
- Sensible ways to stop habits that are self defeating
- Breaks down diabetes and how important it is to change immediately
- May not work for everyone with diabetes
5) Intermittent Diet
Intermittent fasting may be a better choice for non-diabetics. It’s not to say that it wouldn’t work for you if you have diabetes, but if you choose it, you must consider two extremely important things.
First that your doctor approves and second which plan you choose. You should only be eating healthy foods and as much as you need to stay healthy and maintain your blood glucose levels.
I cannot stress enough how vital it is to start any intermittent fasting plan with professional supervision and something that makes sense.
If you are one who is taking insulin, it is vital to monitor your blood sugar and what you’re eating. You can become a greater risk of low blood sugar and confusion, seizures, dizziness, or even possibly death!
After many years of extensive research, intermittent fasting and the restriction of calories have proven results with:
- Reduced inflammation
- Increase of insulin sensitivity
- Decrease in triglycerides
- Improved HDL levels
- Decreased LDL levels
- Decreased cancer risk
- Improved fat loss and fat burning
- Lowered blood pressure
- Increase in body composition
Different Methods of Intermittent Fasting
Let’s start with the starter’s or beginner’s type. This is probably what most folks are doing right now without even thinking about it. You eat for 12 hours and fast for 12 hours. (Makes sense, right?) If you get up in the morning at 8 and stop eating at 8 at night then you’ve got a lot of experience with this plan!
With this particular method, you’re fasting for an entire 16 hours each day and have a time period of just 8 hours of eating. With only 8 hours of eating, you’re most likely having two or maybe three meals. There are many on this plan that don’t have breakfast but still do not eat too late in the evening.
This is in the serious zone now. It’s a whole 20 hours of not eating and you only have 4 hours to eat. You will have one meal, possibly two and that’s extremely difficult. (At least for me it is)
This type goes from day to day. You are doing alternate day fasting. For 5 days you can eat whatever you desire and the other 2 days you are restricted to 500 calories each day. Whoa!
This one is NOT one for me I admit. Similar to the above plan, but it’s your choice to fast for 24 hours for one or two days a week.
6) Low-Carb Diet
Because you have diabetes, it doesn’t necessarily mean the end of carbs for you. There have been studies done on this type of diet and the results were on the fence about it.
But there are experts in the field who agree that a low-carb type of eating is the first in line of defending against this horrible disease. The main reason for this is that this particular diet can lower blood sugars substantially.
You do not want these!
- Cereal bars
- Sweetened iced tea or coffee
- Ice cream
- Brown or white sugar
- White anything- breads, rolls, bagels, rice, pasta
They slow down the rate of absorption and digestion because of content of higher fiber and slows down the rate of raising that blood sugar level.
- No carb drinks (You may add limes or lemons for flavor)
- Tea or coffee unsweetened
- Diet drinks with zero sugar
- Soy or almond milk
- Milk, but only low fat or non fat
- Whole grain crackers or cereals
- Sweet potatoes
7) Ketogenic Diet
With the ketogenic diet, your body enters ketosis, which is a metabolic state, and the body then uses ketone “bodies” for energy in lieu of glucose.
These bodies are more of a constant source of energy than of glucose that gets its energy from carbohydrates.
Promoting consuming foods such as vegetables, fish, healthy fats and oils, and meats is what the keto diet is all about. This particular diet is one that you can support long term. And recent studies have shown that by eating a diet that consists of a high fat, low carb diet as opposed to a high carb, low fat diet resulted in:
- Reduced insulin resistance and reduced blood sugar levels, which can reverse prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- Greatly reduced blood pressure which in turn also reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Reducing your triglycerides which is the amount of fat in your blood.
- Aids is losing more weight than if you were eating low fat.
- Your appetite decreasing. This is always a good thing!
- Improvement of good, HDL cholesterol levels.
- Your levels of energy remaining consistent throughout the day.
- You will feel full for a longer period of time and your constant level of energy is a result of most of your calories coming from fat, which is really slower to digest.
- If you’re eating low carbs, you’ll be eliminating blood sugar highs and lows and in turn you won’t feel disoriented and weak.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
What is the Best Diet for Diabetes? There may be no diet that ranks better than the others. But they all have one thing in common, helping your blood sugars and diabetes. You have 7 choices now. Pick one and get started.
Best Way to Lower your Blood Sugar is Right Below
- FULL SPECTRUM OF BENEFITS TO PEOPLE WITH BLOOD SUGAR CONCERNS: (1) Promotes normal blood sugar levels, (2) Promotes weight loss, (3) Reduces absorption of sugars & other carbohydrates, (4) Promotes healthy insulin sensitivity & production, (5) Promotes healthy cholesterol, heart, blood vessels & circulation, and (6) Promotes healthy energy.
- HOW GLUCOCIL WORKS: Not many people know that there are 3 Essentials for keeping your blood sugar normal: (1) Reduce sugar absorption from food, (2) Reduce the liver’s sugar production, and (3) Increase the body’s use of sugar for energy. Target any one of the 3 Essentials and you'll improve your blood sugar levels. But target all 3 Essentials together, and you'll help keep your levels within the normal range. ONLY GLUCOCIL TARGETS ALL 3 ESSENTIALS FOR NORMAL BLOOD SUGAR.
- OVER 1 MILLION BOTTLES SOLD: The Simple Secret of Targeting All 3 Essentials for Normal Blood Sugar, Doctor Formulated, Clinically Researched Ingredients, Fast-Acting Softgels, Since 2008, 100,000+ Facebook Fans, Made in a Registered GMP Facility in USA.
- CLINICALLY RESEARCHED INGREDIENTS: 14 proven ingredients based on more than 100 published research studies, including human clinical studies on Glucocil's proprietary mulberry leaf extract, which was shown to instantly lower peak post-meal elevations by up to 44%.
- DIRECTIONS: For the first 3 days, take 1 softgel with lunch and 1 softgel with dinner. After 3 days, take 2 softgels with lunch and 2 softgels with dinner. As with any nutritional supplement, talk with your doctor before using Glucocil.
Last update on 2021-09-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API