Do you notice a change in how you feel? Are your blood sugars and A1c higher than normal? These could be signs of Pre Diabetes Symptoms For Women and men as well. If so, this is a must read for you. It’s important to recognize these symptoms early before you are diagnosed with full blown diabetes. Let’s see what to be on the lookout for:
What Symptoms do Women & Men Experience with Pre Diabetes?
It’s very important to recognize pre diabetes symptoms for women and men are. Prediabetes may be defined as the condition in which the symptoms of diabetes is not really present in a person, but blood sugar level is higher than normal, though not high enough to be classified as type 2 diabetes.
In most cases being an early stage of diabetes, the characterization of what happens during prediabetes is similar. It is a condition in which blood glucose levels are higher than normal, but a person does not yet have diabetes.
Ordinarily, when you eat food, the hormone insulin is released by the pancreas to assist the body in the foods processing. This is the work of insulin by enabling food glucose entry into the body’s cells where it will be used for fuel. When this is done, the action lowers the glucose level in the blood.
In a person with prediabetes, the insulin-producing organ and the pancreas either no longer produce insulin, or that person’s body cells become resistant to its action or both.
Because of this, blood sugar remains at an abnormally high level and this can lead to diabetes with all of the following complications; heart disease, kidney failure, blindness, amputations etc. sets in. You certainly don’t want this happening!
Pre-diabetes symptoms are not identified easily. Usually, it does not show early signs. That is the reason why many people cannot prevent diabetes from occurring. They have limited information on pre-diabetes symptoms. Hence, they are no signs or nothing to show that they are actually carrying the disease.
Prediabetes condition is lesser known than diabetes itself is, but it requires many of the same lifestyle changes as a diabetes diagnosis itself. It means that your body has begun to lose the ability to take sugars into body cells for energy.
By the time an individual reaches the level of damage considered to be diabetes, it becomes too serious. It is less severe, but tells you that you will develop diabetes if you continue on your current lifestyle track. It should be a wake up call for you. Don’t ignore any symptoms.
Both women and men have common diabetes symptoms, both are vulnerable to the disease. There are some signs and symptom to identify prediabetes in men and women. If you have:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome as a woman
- Excessive hair growth
- A condition marked by obesity
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Gestational diabetes when you were pregnant or
- Give birth to a baby who weighed more than 9 pounds (4.1 kilograms)
Then you are at a higher risk of having prediabetes. And there was a recommendation by the American Diabetes Association that people, from the age of 45, or a person below that age having any of the risk factors mentioned, should consult their doctor as soon as possible for possible blood screening.
After a thorough check by the doctor and if the individual does turn out to be prediabetic, then the doctor may require the check that persons HDL cholesterol, Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, A1C, total cholesterol, and triglycerides at least once a year.
This condition, when your blood sugar level is higher than normal, but not so high by which we can just as type 2 diabetes is also known as a stage between normal and diabetes. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that 41 million U.S. adults, from aged 40 to 74 have prediabetes.
There is also similar reports from The American Academy of Pediatrics that, one of every 10 males and one of every 25 females have prediabetes, from age 12 to 19 years.
Some of the symptoms and signs of prediabetes can take a long time to change and finally categorized as diabetes. However, a vice versa conversion from prediabetes to normal glucose level was also observed under careful control of diet and stabbing to exercise regime. People suffering from prediabetes may show the same symptoms as in diabetes but, they will break out occasionally like:
- Frequent Urination
- Frequent infections
- Blurred vision
- Excess Hunger
- Excessive thirst
- Skin itching
- Slow-healing wounds.
There are additional signs and symptoms as some of the risk factors or people in the risk zone of prediabetes than others are because of the incorporation of one or more of the below-mentioned factors:
- Overweight or obese: Weight is one indicator of several diseases including diabetes. If you notice that you lost or gained a few pounds easily, then there may be problems occurring in your body.
- Genetic inheritance or family history: you need to check your history, if anyone has it, there is every tendency of re-occurrence.
- Increase fat accumulation around the abdominal region also known as a waist-hip ratio.
- Depression /stress or burnout – trigger the release of hormones such as cortisol and norepinephrine which result in the disruption of the metabolic system and increase glucose. Burnout is actually chronic stress or fatigue. If you are experiencing fatigue or stress for a few months now, there is a high chance of being burnout. If this is not handled properly, you may develop diabetes.
- Dysfunctional pancreas – result in the inability to release pancreatic enzymes which include insulin, glucagon, and somatostatin. Without proper secretion of these pancreatic enzymes, patients are more vulnerable to prediabetes where an individual suffers from little high sugar than normal patients.
The reason behind high sugar is the entry of glucose into the blood cells is because of commotion in the mechanism of insulin. Even though sugar is circulating in the bloodstream, it is unable to penetrate into cells and tissues to produce energy. The precise reason for this is unclear, but it is considered that overweight and fatty tissues along with an inactive lifestyle are the correlating factors.
Working Through Reversal
Consider yourself lucky if you are diagnosed with prediabetes. If you take preventive measure seriously and make changes in your health habits, you will be able to avoid eventual diabetes. Make the effort now to avoid complications in the future.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions after you have been diagnosed with prediabetes. Depending on how close you are to diabetes proper, you may need to check your blood sugar, take medications, and change your eating habits. Make sure that these instructions are followed to the letter.
- Try and lose weight and get regular physical exercise. Both weight loss and physical walkout have been proven to help people reverse the dangerous trend that has begun with prediabetes. Your body can begin to recover its ability to use sugars for energy.
Beginning a weight loss and exercise program can be very intimidating. It doesn’t have to scare you, though. Take it one step at a time and if you are not sure what level of exercise you can do safely, ask your doctor before you start. Your physical activity does not have to be vigorous like running ten miles a day, but it needs to be regular.
Beginning with walking is a fantastic start for a lot of people, it is easy to go anywhere, and can really burn a lot of calories. If you prefer dancing, swimming, basketball, or any other way to get yourself moving, then that is good. Choose something you enjoy doing so that it won’t be hard to continue with. And the key is to stick with it. Make part of your daily life!
Here are some of the signs and symptoms you need to watch out for:
How to Reverse Prediabetes Naturally
Here are natural ways to improve your blood sugar levels, and possibly lower your risk of developing full-blown diabetes:
- Eat chromium-rich foods.
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Eat more of high-fiber foods.
- Sleep more.
- Take a cinnamon extract supplement.
Diabetes develops very slowly, therefore, when you are in the prediabetes stage and your blood glucose level is higher than it should be, you may not have any symptoms at all.
You may, however, notice that you are more hungry than normal. You are losing weight despite eating more. It simply means that prediabetes is around the corner.
There are also foods to eat in order to avoid prediabetes. They are:
- Eat more food rich in fiber
- Eat beans and legumes.
- Eat fruits and vegetables with edible skin.
- Whole-grain bread.
- Whole grains such as barley or quinoa.
- Whole grain cereals.
- Whole wheat pasta.
- Healthy fats like olive oil and avocado
Foods to stay away from if you are in a diabetic borderline are sugar and skip the sugary sodas and processed food. Aim to get at least 30 minutes of exercise, be it acrobatic or workout every day. Even walking is an excellent choice!
Signs Mostly Seen in Men
There are few symptoms that when you see as a man, it calls for worry; though not limited to men alone:
- A potbelly, no matter how small
- Frequent urination
- A dry mouth
- Frequent heartburn
- Trouble maintaining an erection without medications
- Tiredness after eating?
- Difficulty concentrating after eating?
- Bad moods when you don’t eat on time?
If you see yourself in any of these symptoms, it’s time to do something about your health before you develop more serious health problems.
If you’re over the age of 50, the following medical tests are necessary for you:
Total Physical Exam:
- Weight check
- Urine sample
- Heart and lungs checked by listening with a stethoscope
- Blood pressure check
- Routine EKG and chest x-ray
Routine blood work is always done with a physical exam. This is complete blood count that measures hemoglobin or hematocrit, red blood cell indices which can screen for anemia, and white blood cells which can warn of an infection, among others.
Take tetanus toxoid every 7 years. This is important especially if you work around your house or at your job where you might come in contact with rusty nails, metal, dirty conditions etc.
Now you know what the Pre Diabetes Symptoms For Women are and for men as well. Do not ignore any of these signs and know what to look for and how to avoid these symptoms. You can avoid type 2 diabetes by knowing what to do before and how to prevent the disease. Please take diabetes seriously!
Lower Your Blood Sugars Below
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API