Is Pumpkin Good For Diabetics? Since pumpkins have a low glycemic index load of only 3, this is good because it does not raise your blood glucose! That’s the key with type 2 diabetes. So while the glycemic index level of 75 may be high, it’s the glycemic index load of 3 that matters because it takes into consideration the amount of carbs which is under 10. This means that you can have pumpkin without being concerned about it raising your blood glucose level.
Why is Pumpkin so Healthy?
Another thing to look at when you’re a diabetic is calories. The reason is that the less calories you consume, the less weight you will gain and weight gain is a huge part of diabetes. Pumpkin has a mere 30 calories in only a one cup serving.
One of the main reasons that pumpkins can have a positive affect on diabetes is because of its’ high content of magnesium. Studies performed of over 100,000 people revealed that those who had diets were rich in magnesium had almost a 35% decrease in risk for diabetes in both men and women.
Another reason that is extremely important in pumpkins being able to lower blood sugar is that it provides a tremendous amount of vitamin C. This vitamin is huge in helping your body in the stimulation of insulin. Pumpkins also contain numerous nutrients that aid in controlling your blood sugars.
Pumpkins are not just for Halloween. They look great for decorations, but let’s put them to even better use for helping to keep our blood sugars lower and helping our bodies to get healthier. There’s many ways you can add pumpkin and their seeds to your diet and your meals. I love adding them to my salad along with flaxseeds too. Fiber and weight loss really does help type 2 diabetes!
Top 13 Health Benefits of Pumpkins
1) Heart Health
Why are pumpkin seeds so beneficial for you? It’s because they are healthy for your heart. They contain magnesium, fatty acids, zinc, and are an excellent source of antioxidants. Studies performed revealed that they lower your cholesterol levels and help to bring down your blood pressure. You should check your blood pressure frequently, especially if it’s high.
The study further showed that pumpkin seed oil supplement was able to decrease cholesterol levels that were high. Pumpkins are able to raise your levels of nitric oxide which helps to improve your blood flow, open up your blood vessels, and help to lessen the chances of the growth of plaque in your arteries. These are all beneficial for the a healthy heart.
When your diet is high in fiber, it aids in the promotion of your digestive system working more efficiently and having a high fiber diet is much more beneficial for your heart. It also helps you with obesity and losing weight and of course treating type 2 diabetes. Pumpkin seeds that are shelled provide over 1 gram of fiber for each 1 ounce serving.
3) Your Vision
Pumpkins are high in beta-carotene which your body converts into vitamin A. And that’s what you want for healthy eyes and good vision. Your vision is the most important thing and you should do anything and everything to protect your eyes and have excellent vision. You really only need about one cup and that will provide you with twice your daily required intake.
It will lessen your risk of any degenerative eye diseases and provide your best chances for the best vision possible. Pumpkin also consists of Zeaxanthin and lutein which are the two best compounds that can protect you against blindness. This becomes even more important as you age.
4) Immune System
Anything that helps boost your immune system, count me in! Once you realize how vital your immune system is for keeping you healthy, you’ll want to make sure it’s it working at the best level possible. The stronger your immune system is, the stronger YOU are!
Because pumpkins consist of vitamins such as, A, C, and vitamin E, you can help raise your level of protection with your immune system performing at its’ peak! In particular, vitamin A aids your immune system and fights off infections and all the other nasty things that are out to get you sick. Take advantage of the ingredients of pumpkins to stay as healthy as possible.
5) Quality of Sperm
If you’re going to make one of the biggest decisions of your life by starting a family, then you (as a guy) want your sperm in tip top shape! If trying to conceive is a problem, then low levels of zinc could be the issue. But pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc and this will help boost testosterone levels and aid in fertility. Happy starting a family!
6) Lowers Inflammation
What is the biggest cause of illnesses and disease? Inflammation! If you’re suffering from arthritis, pumpkin can help you with its’ anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is the enemy and you must defeat it!
7) Protect Against Cancer
There has been extensive research that showed that you can decrease your risk of prostate and colon cancer by having a diet high in beta-carotene which is highly present in pumpkins. In addition there are more properties in pumpkin seeds that are beneficial in fighting other types of cancers as well.
8) Sleep Deeply
If you’re having problems with sleeping lately, then pumpkin seeds may help you. They contain trytophan which is know to aid your body in producing serotonin which is a neurotransmitter that assists you in slowing down and providing you with relaxation which will help provide a better mood for you to sleep soundly.
If you’ve ever suffered from insomnia, you know how frustrating it is to lay there wide awake and not be able to sleep. It’s crucial to get 7-8 quality sleep each and every night. You cannot function the next day without sleep. Let pumpkin seeds help you relax and get the shuteye you require!
9) Better Skin Appearance
The first thing that usually show as we age is our skin.It’s the one organ that we have that is visible to not only ourselves, but obviously everyone else. So it’s vital to our appearance that our skin gets the necessary care to have us look younger. You can make a pumpkin “mask” that can help protect you against the UV rays of the sun. It’s the beta-carotene once again that is responsible for exfoliating and soothing your skin.
10) Help in the Weight Loss Department
There are so many ways and so many foods that can help with losing weight. Anytime you consume a food that has fiber, you’re helping to lose weight. Fiber fills you up and you will eat less and lose weight. Pumpkin is over 90% water and that helps you in staying hydrated. But pumpkin is also low in calories. So don’t be worried about eating pumpkin. Just don’t overdo it as with anything else.
11) Helps Your Muscles
Your muscles are vital in the health of your body. Pumpkin can be beneficial for the functioning of your muscles because of the potassium it contains. They also consist of magnesium which relaxes your muscles and amino acids that help build strong muscles.
Magnesium is very important for your health. Some of the benefits are decreasing your risk of heart disease, maintaining your blood pressure, helping to form and maintain healthy bones, and aiding in controlling your blood glucose levels.
Most folks are deficient in magnesium and since magnesium is responsible for hundreds of chemical reactions in your body, it’s all the more reason why you should have your magnesium levels checked when you have your labs done. So it would be a smart idea to make sure that pumpkin seeds are a part of your diet because they are about the best source of magnesium on the planet!
13) Expectant Mothers
For women who are searching online for everything they should and should not eat when they are pregnant, pumpkin comes up as one you definitely want to eat. Pumpkin and the seeds as well, are rich in vitamin A, protein, other vitamins, and zinc and these are all beneficial for you and your unborn fetus.
The possibilities of reactions to pumpkin seeds are low, but they still exist. Some allergies could include:
If your blood sugars are already on the low side, you should avoid pumpkin seeds and pumpkin because they lower your blood sugar and this is especially dangerous if you are on medications to lower blood sugar. Consult your doctor first.
Low Blood Pressure
This condition is similar to hypoglycemia in that pumpkin can lower your blood pressure so if you’re on blood pressure medications and you should once again consult your physician because blood pressure that is too low is dangerous as well.
Like any other snack or food just don’t go overboard with eating too much. Pumpkin seeds are beneficial in moderate amounts only.
You should be fine with pumpkin seeds as long as you don’t eat them like you’re going to the electric chair! LOL Easy does it or you could suffer pain and cramps!
Is Pumpkin Good For Diabetics? Pumpkins are beneficial for you if you have type 2 diabetes. Add them to your diet because they are packed with nutrients and vitamins and minerals. Eating healthy foods like pumpkins can help lower your blood sugars!
End Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below!
Please forward this article to others who may need help by sharing on social media below and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I do appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy one!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API