Vitamin E for Diabetes
If your diet consists of a healthy amount of antioxidants such as vitamin E, it can help diabetics to control their blood sugar. Research performed showed that vitamin E could play a role in putting off the onset of type 2 diabetes in folks who might be at risk for this disease. A big part of developing type 2 diabetes is being overweight and anything that can be done to prevent or reverse the weight gain along with vitamin E is going to be a step in the right direction.
Vitamins are a big part of your body being healthy and each vitamin is beneficial for so many different things in your body. When we are children our moms are always trying to make sure that we take our vitamins and for those part that would be through the foods that we eat. But sometimes we don’t eat all the right foods and we take vitamin supplements and that’s important.
Vitamin E and Complications From Diabetes
* Neuropathy is a condition related to pain and numbness in the feet which I currently experience. Fortunately there’s no pain but the numbness is very annoying and is caused by years of uncontrolled blood sugars. In addition to doing many things to control and improve this situation, I take a higher than normal dosage of vitamin E as treatment but I am careful to never overdo it because too much of anything isn’t good for you including vitamin E. I let my doctor decide how much.
* When you are a diabetic you can be prone to hardening of your arteries. The beginnings of the stiffening and calcification of your arterial walls is caused by the oxidation of your bad cholesterol (LDL), which vitamin E can help to prevent.
* As diabetics aging spots happen as we get older and there are several skin creams that contain vitamin E that aid in reducing or erasing age spots.
* Unfortunately, there is a possibility of developing macular degeneration which affects the vision in your eyes. I don’t know about you, but my eyes are about the most important things to me and I want them to be healthy. I’m not saying all of our body parts aren’t vital to our health, but my eyes mean everything to me.
Making sure you get your daily fill of colorful vegetables which will supply you with lutein, lycopene, and zeaxathin, wearing sunglasses to protect you from the rays of the sun, and taking a combination of no more than 500 mg a day of vitamin C and 100 IU of vitamin E to help slow the progression of macular degeneration. Slowing macular degeneration is vital for the health of your eyes!
* Plaque- If you’re a diabetic who already has plaque on your arterial walls, then the activity can be slowed down by PKC which is an enzyme in vitamin E. This also helps to prevent any further clogging of your arteries and stopping any additional plaque from forming as well.
* Vagus nerve- The vagus nerve is responsible for your food being passed through your digestive tract so that it stirs up or ferments. When you are constantly belching or burping and have gas when you have type 2 diabetes, you can do damage to your vagus nerve. You can help the nerve to repair itself and be healthy again and have your food pass through more easily and make your digestion smoother with vitamin E.
Foods With Vitamin E
- Pine nuts
- Mustard greens
- Swiss chard
- Turnip greens
- Wheat germ oil
- Sunflower seeds
- Atlantic salmon
- Sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Butternut squash
What are the Health Benefits of Vitamin E?
* Immune system- I’ve said this before, your immune system is your army of protection against all invaders. It needs to be strong at all times to be able to defend your body. When it becomes weak, the enemy (germs, virus, etc.) can get in and do damage. You need to everything to prevent his and vitamin E can help your immune system from such things as cough, fever, diarrhea, and colds. Vitamin E promotes the growth of cells in your body that help in killing germs and even cells that can be cancerous.
* Consumed nutrients- Nutrients are so important for your body and survival. They need to be constantly energized and help in keeping your body active all the time. These nutrients need to be constantly protected from any damage. Consuming vitamin E in a reasonable quantity will help protect these vital nutrients to be stored and continue to aid your body’s organs in functioning optimally.
* Scars- As scars are unsightly and do take some time to heal, they are important in repairing damaged cells. But there are awesome properties in vitamin E that can really help with healing and speeding up the process. The scars will fade away and in a quicker time period with vitamin E cream.
* Cataracts- I mentioned before about macular degeneration and how vitamin E can help. But it also helps with cataracts which are fairly common, especially in us older folks 🙂 We probably don’t think about how much time we spend in front of tv screen, smart tablet, or cell phone, or especially in front of the computer screen as I am right now. That’s not good. (Oops, that reminds me, time for a eyestrain break)
I’m back 🙂 I always take breaks because my eyes need it. I don’t want it leading to cataracts and anything to damage my eyes. I turn to vitamin E because it helps to protect the health of my eyes as does vitamin A!
* Nails and hands protection- Vitamin E is essential for healthy skin but also your nails and your hands need the nourishment as well. Vitamin E moisturizes not only your skin but will aid in keeping your hands ultra smooth and impeccable. If you’re a woman who goes to a beauty parlor frequently, I’m sure that your hands are soaked in vitamin E essential oil on a regular basis.
* Wrinkles- It’s well known by the health experts that vitamin E has anti-aging properties. It can keep your skim moisturized and it can fight against unsightly wrinkles but the high antioxidant that raises the collagen level in your skin.
* Sun damage- You need to keep your skin safe from the sun and the substance in vitamin E could prevent blackheads on your skin and avoid hyperpigmentation from overexposure to the sun that can make your skin appear darker. These antioxidants also fight off the harmful effects from the sun and free radicals too.
* Your scalp- The health of your hair is important and a healthy scalp can nourish your hair. Your hair follicles need a good deal of circulation to keep them at work. Vitamin E aims to help in the circulating of hair follicles and promoting hair growth. When you are losing hair as I am everything helps!
* Heart disease- Heart disease is more important than just about anything else in your body. The heart is the organ that pumps your blood and keeps you alive. Vitamin E can help to prevent and possibly decrease your risk of heart disease in the future. It’s essential in preventing blood clotting and aids in the expanding of your blood vessels for proper blood flow which will reduce the risks of having heart disease. Test showed that you can reduce your risk of heart disease by up to 40% by taking 100 IU of vitamin E regularly for a period of two years.
* Supplement to exercise- If you’re exercising a lot and you should be, your body will require a sufficient amount of vitamin E. Exercise boosts your body’s metabolism and that results in more free radicals to appear in your body. Vitamin E comes to the rescue here as and fights the free radicals with its antioxidant properties. Furthermore, it reduces pain that is caused by inflammation which is beneficial to lessen specifically your muscle pain.
* Minor burns- If you want to treat injuries and minor burns, then vitamin E is a perfect choice. Vitamin E oil is a powerful choice in treating minor burns and it’s ability to heal your minor wounds. Just a few drops of vitamin E oil on a cotton ball gently applied to the area for two to three days should heal it totally.
Precautions and Warnings of Vitamin E
I mentioned in the very beginning vitamin E is extremely beneficial for a lot of health issues, especially blood sugar and diabetes. But just like most things, excessive amounts can actually be harmful and detrimental to your health. So as always, I recommend discussing EVERYTHING with your physician first!
An excessive amount of vitamin E can actually lead to diabetes and that is NOT what the intention is at all here! Discuss and take the proper amount of vitamin E that your doctor recommends.
Another precaution with excessive amounts of vitamin E is an increased risk of bleeding. Vitamin E should be taken without excess amounts.
And there are possible reactions that your body may have including
- Kidney dysfunction
- Vision loss
- Flu-like symptoms
The information that I provide on my website is purely based on my own personal experience and subsequent research into the diabetes disease. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice,diagnosis and treatment. Care and investigation should always be sought from an appropriate health care provider. I am happy to discuss my own symptoms, diagnosis and history of my diabetes disease but want to stress that I am not medically trained in any way. All opinions on my website are my own. I have created this site as a way to share information and experiences.
Now you know what the connection is between vitamin E and diabetes. While vitamin E does have precautions and side effects, it can be helpful for lowering blood sugar and helping type 2 diabetes by consuming moderate amounts at most. Always check with your doctor and use common sense when it comes to your health.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. I would appreciate it and also please pass this on to others who need help too! Thank you for reading and have a happy and a healthy!
If you really want to reverse your type 2 diabetes
Then click the button below!