Fenugreek is something you might be curious about. Fenugreek is excellent for treating diabetes type 2. The seeds contain chemicals and fiber that help to slow the digestion process down and your body’s absorption of sugar and carbohydrates. Does Fenugreek Help Diabetes? Let’s see:
How is Fenugreek Beneficial for Diabetics?
Seeds from fenugreek help your body with using sugar and at the same time help to increase the amount of insulin to be released. Fenugreek is actually a plant growing in western Asia and in certain parts of Europe and its brown seeds are used for medicinal purposes.
There’s been a great deal of research done that revealed the ability of the fenugreek seeds to lower blood sugar in diabetics. There were three different case scenarios. The first found that one dose each day of ten grams of fenugreek seeds in hot water could help to control type 2 diabetes.
The second study was done with eating bread or a similar baked good, but made with fenugreek flour and not white flour and it showed a promise of lowering insulin resistance, again in folks with type 2 diabetes.
The third and final study done was with taking higher doses of fenugreek daily for a number of weeks. This did show significant improvements in plasma glucose levels. But there weren’t any long terms studies done to support any further info about lowering blood sugar.
It’s the seeds in the fenugreek plant that provide all the benefits. They contain an amino acid that possibly stimulates the secretion of insulin from your pancreas. So it’s second job is to reduce insulin resistance. There are some components called fenugreekine and alkaloids that may help to interfere by blocking the transporting of glucose.
The seeds help in the slowing down your absorption process of carbohydrates and then finally they aid in the delaying time of your stomach feeling empty. The final result is having less amounts of sugar in your bloodstream. That’s exactly what you want, less blood sugar.
Fenugreek can also increase the amount of receptors for insulin in your red blood cells and can also aid your peripheral tissues to better utilize your glucose. By having your pancreas secrete more insulin and having your body tissues to use it better, you are lowering your blood sugar levels which is what it’s all about.
20 Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds work as an anti-inflammatory. You can experience pain in any of your joints. With diabetic patients pain and swelling can occur many times in the ankles. Consuming fenugreek will help reduce the swelling and pain. I often get the swelling in my ankles. Fenugreek really helps with my swelling.
2) Fat Absorption
It helps to maintain your blood glucose level at all times. Fenugreek helps with avoiding the absorption of fat. Sugar and fat absorption happen simultaneously and the fenugreek seeds are beneficial with combating this. Too much absorption of fat is never good and can only lead to other complications.
3) Blood Circulation
Maintaining your blood circulation is important and can also help reduce your risk of diabetes if you’re not currently a diabetic. The fenugreek seeds help your blood circulation and can help you to avoid high blood sugar levels. Let’s keep that blood circulating.
4) Energy Levels
If you’re looking to boost your energy, fenugreek seeds help to increase the capacity of burning food into much needed energy. Increasing your energy is always good for your body and for diabetes. Exercise is just so beneficial and healthy for you and it also gives you more energy. The more energy the better.
5) Weight Loss
The fenugreek seed is a natural fiber source and helps you with suppressing your appetite. Losing weight, lowering your cholesterol, and increasing your metabolism are all good things in the battle against diabetes. So don’t forget the fenugreek seeds with your next meal or on your next salad.
6) Cancer Prevention
Fenugreek seeds contain mucilage which is a gelatinous substance of the fenugreek plant that contains protein and binds with food to flush toxins from your body and can possibly prevent cancer. It’s well worth having fenugreek seeds with your meals to have this benefit for sure.
Fenugreek can definitely help you in lowering your cholesterol. Because of the substantial amount of soluble fiber it contains, it helps to increase the thickness of the food that is digested and prevents the uptake of bile acids and cholesterol in your body.
It lowers the LDL bad cholesterol which can block your arteries and blood vessels and lead to heart issues. It’s vital to have your cholesterol numbers where they should be.
How to End Diabetes Below
Being constipated is no fun and fenugreek can help with that. With the soluble fiber it contains, it helps in absorbing water in your intestines and will add mass to your stools. Because of this it causes contractions (no, you’re not having a baby LOL) and this helps in moving your stools smoothly through your intestines to ease up on your constipation.
9) Colds and the Flu
Next time you come in contact with the flu or a cold, turn to fenugreek right away. It has antioxidant properties that will help you fight them and all the symptoms off. When you have microorganisms that make you sick, they can be killed off with the strong antibacterial and antiviral properties that fenugreek possesses. Nobody likes having a cold or the flu so this can help treat and prevent it.
10) Heart Healthy
Fenugreek has cardioprotective and antioxidant benefits which are excellent for your overall health of your heart. It works to prevent blood clots by acting as a blood thinner. Blood clots are very dangerous and can prevent the flow of blood from getting to your lungs, brain, and heart.
And in addition fenugreek aids in lowering your blood pressure, combats obesity, and stabilizes your blood glucose and this is crucial when it comes to the risk of winding up with heart disease.
11) Brain Function
Two diseases that can happen most likely when you’re older are Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s diseases. Fenugreek can be responsible for lowering your risk of both of these diseases because of an enzyme that lowers the producing of proteins that can lead to a formation of plaque in your nervous system and improving memory and learning.
This test was done with rats and provided these results. This shows hope in helping to prevent these diseases by consuming fenugreek.
12) Kidney Health
There were tests performed on rats where they were given an organic compound called ethylene glycol and this resulted in low red blood cell counts, anemia and formed kidney stones. Once the rats were given fenugreek seeds their hemoglobin and red blood cell count increased and had fewer calcium deposits in the kidneys. Not only that, the fenugreek raised antioxidant levels and improved the overall quality of the kidney tissues.
13) Skin Health
Your skin health is important too because after all it’s your body’s largest organ and the one that’s visible to yourself and everyone else. Fenugreek contains a sticky substance that can moisturize and soothe your skin without any irritations. It also contains antioxidant molecules known as carotenoids that are converted to vitamin A in your body.
Something that is important for sex hormone formation is found in fenugreek called diosgenin. In order to support libido in males that are healthy, it helps with balancing sex hormones. Testofen which is a testosterone booster contains fenugreek extract and helps with improving the male sex drive. It increases energy levels, orgasm, strength, and sexual arousal.
15) Your Hair
Fenugreek is an excellent choice to help with the health of your hair. This is because of its rich content of protein. Protein is an absolute necessity for your hair strength and hair growth. It can help with preventing hair loss by helping to rebuild your hair follicles. That’s good news for folks like me.
16) Slows Aging Process
Aging brought on by damage from free radicals can be fought by the antioxidants in fenugreek seeds. Tests done in animals revealed that cellular structures against oxidative damage were protected by fenugreek seeds because the antioxidants.
17) Sore Throat
If you wind up with a sore throat, then you can turn to fenugreek seeds for help. The contents of mucilage and its analgesic properties are beneficial as well. A great gargle mixture would be tamarind leaves, ayurveda, and fenugreek seeds for a soothing relief.
18) Gastro Problems and Digestion
The fenugreek seeds aid in digestion and also help to stimulate your appetite. The seeds act as a natural diuretic and help to stimulate your liver function and also stimulate your spleen. You can soothe your digestive system and treat gastric ulcers and gastritis with the mucilage in the fenugreek seeds. The seeds help to prevent constipation as I mentioned before.
It’s the mucilage in the fenugreek seeds that aids in calming down the inflammation of the lining of your intestines and stomach. Fenugreek is able to reduce acid secretion and therefore is an excellent remedy for acid reflux and heartburn.
Fenugreek is a really good source for helping to reduce a fever when you take it with honey and lemon. It helps to maintain and sustain good health for you. Two teaspoons of fenugreek with lemon juice, honey, and herbal tea works wonders for you. Help get rid of that fever.
Side Effects and Risks of Fenugreek
Fenugreek is mostly safe for most people. Some may experience indigestion and diarrhea. Others may have a reduction when it comes to appetite. There could be effects with peripheral neuropathy and sciatic nerves. There can be some allergic reactions which is why you should always discuss anything with your physician first.
It’s important that fenugreek doesn’t clash with any medications that you may be taking. The fiber can make your body less effective with absorbing your medications. It’s always better to be safe than sorry especially when it comes to your health. Don’t take chances. The doctor knows best!
Final Thoughts about Fenugreek
Does Fenugreek Help Diabetes? Fenugreek can provide many benefits for you and especially for your diabetes and keeping your blood sugar down. For me, lowering your blood sugar by natural ways is the way to go so fenugreek is a part of my diet. Thank you for reading and I hope that you learned something.
How to End Diabetes Below
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API