There isn’t a person existing with diabetes that would admit to enjoying pain, especially in your joints. But, Does Diabetes Cause Joint Pain? Pain is not an enjoyable experience and joint pain with diabetes is no exception. Let’s find out what diabetes does when it comes to your joints.
Are You Suffering From Joint Pain & Diabetes?
Have you ever just woken up in the morning and it seems that all your joints ache? Who hasn’t been there? Maybe sometimes it’s one or two joints or just an occasional occurrence. If it isn’t related to diabetes, then it could be a number of reasons.
But if it is related to diabetes, then you would have a 200% better chance of having arthritis and joint pain. Diabetes happens when your body does not produce enough insulin. Without insulin glucose remains in your bloodstream which raises your blood sugar levels.
So diabetes will cause skeletal changes that can lead to symptoms such as joint pain, stiffness, shoulder pain, trigger finger, swelling, and carpal tunnel syndrome just to mention a few. Arthritis can occur with age so you want to do your best to first avoid diabetes.
Diabetes & Arthritis – How You Can Help Both
Joint pain and arthritis are like Clark Kent and Superman. They are one and the same thing. So where the two bones come together is your joint. Ligaments hold the bones in place and attach them to one another and are also attached by tendons to the bones and muscles that allow them to move.
Cartilage which is at the very ends of the bones protects the bones from damage and allows them to move. Cartilage is a substance made up of water, proteins, and fiber from collagen. Cartilage is important for protection and normal wear and tear and also injuries (especially sports injuries) and it can be damaged. Aging is definitely a factor here, but even more of a factor is diabetes because it will make joint damage happen faster.
Excess glucose isn’t good because it adheres to surfaces of the joints which compromises the movement of them. This can lead to an injury from wear and tear. High glucose is never a good thing and with ligaments and tendons especially. Any reduction of flexibility of your joints leads to pain and stiffness. Control your blood sugar because it’s that important. You’ll be thankful later on.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Prevention & Treatment of Joint Problems
- Bike riding is good when your joints hurt. Any exercise such as walking helps, but not jogging. But any water aerobic exercise like swimming is excellent for your joints. Swimming is great because you use every muscle in your body. So you might want to take water exercise classes because the weight is carried by the water.
- Stop smoking because it stresses out the connective tissues which can result in more joint pain. Please don’t smoke.
- Losing weight is always a positive thing for any ailment. This is no exception.
- Allow your joints to heal correctly by resting them when they hurt.
- Controlling your blood sugar levels will help to keep your joints from becoming packed with sugar and making them stiff at the same time.
- Capsaicin cream works wonders on pain. I use it all the time. You do want to be careful not to put too much on as it does feel very hot so use caution but it does work wonders.
- Over the counter meds such as ibuprofen, Tylenol, and acetaminophen may help.
- Acupuncture is a viable alternative for joint pain.
- Supplements such as omega -3 fish oils, vitamin D, and glucosamine have been know to help joint pain.
- Physical therapy which can include stretching exercises for tendons and muscles to relax.
- Be careful when performing any daily activities such as laundry and household chores.
Watch the Video Below for More About Diabetes & Joint Pain
Home Remedies for Arthritis Pain
Start by eating foods that fight inflammation. The junk foods, fast foods, processed, sugary, fried foods are just not healthy at all. We all know that. It’s why we feel aches and pains and why are joints bother us. Almost everything can always revert back to the food we put into our bodies. Food is medicine. We’re just taking the wrong medicine. All the foods we love to eat we have to pay a price for. At least it seems that way. It’s much better to consume the healthiest foods. Eating the right foods and exercising can have an amazing effect on your body.
The natural foods that were put on this earth are the ones meant to keep us healthy and live a happier healthier life. Fruits and vegetables are the real medicines we should have. When you talk about these and others such as fish, nuts, onions, olive oils, whole grains, they are the foods that fight inflammation for sure. Here is a list of 10 health benefits that result from turmeric/curcumin.
- Make sure you get enough vitamin C because it produces collagen which is what your joints need and it also rids your body of the free radicals that are destructive and harmful to your joints. The more vitamin C in your diet, the less chance of your arthritis advancing. Just make sure that your vitamin C intake is not all at once and that it’s dispersed throughout the day as your body does not store it.
- Music. Studies have been done regarding music to relax and lower your pain. It doesn’t matter what music you choose just as long as you enjoy it. It’s possible that your reaction to pain is decreased due to your hormone levels being increased. Music does wonders for me.
- Food allergies. Other studies have shown that by eliminating certain foods that are related to allergies such as any foods with gluten, rye, oats, wheat, eggs, and beef would give relief from joint pain because of the acid they contain that promote inflammation.
- Vitamin D. Getting out in the sun for fifteen minutes a day for three times a week will help you get the amount of vitamin D that your body need because it helps in the manufacturing of collagen in your joints. I believe that many people are deficient in vitamin D and probably don’t even know it. I think it’s one of the most important vitamins for our bodies. I take 1000 IU every day. Dairy products contain vitamin D, but sunlight is the best source so go catch some rays!
- Cod liver oil. Ok, I’ll be extremely honest with this. It’s a fish oil and great for pain and stiffness but unless it’s in capsule form, I’m not taking it! Yuck! But thank goodness it is available as a supplemental pill.
- More calcium. Calcium too is important to keep down the risk of osteoporosis, the condition where your bones get brittle if you have rheumatoid arthritis. So, like anything else, eating healthy is the key. Vegetables are the best things you can put into your body, bar none. So you should be consuming kale, broccoli (my favorite), cabbage, turnip greens, and cauliflower. Even though they don’t contain as much calcium as dairy products, they’re still a good choice and are easier on your body as far as absorption.
- Vitamin E as another vitamin that aids in stiffness in the morning and the reduction in pain from rheumatoid arthritis. 1500 IU a day should suffice.
- Cat’s claw can be another herb that can help reduce inflammation and swelling from joint pain.
- Turmeric has many benefits! One of the best being an inflammatory. It can also slow the progression of rheumatoid arthritis. This is one of favorites and I take 500 mg a day for circulation. It’s yellow and found in mustard too.
- Magnesium is great for relieving joint pain and stiffness too. Magnesium relaxes and soothes our nerve endings and muscles too. It has many benefits including to help build stronger bones and increase bone density. Since we can’t produce it ourselves, we have to look elsewhere such as supplements. I take 250 mg daily. But you can also get magnesium in legumes, leafy green vegetables, (spinach is another favorite for me), and nuts.
- Dandelion root which is high in Vitamins A and C, can aid your liver in the cleansing of toxins from your body and repairing tissue that has been damaged. There’s been talk about it fighting cancer as well.
- Extra virgin olive oil is an excellent lubricant for your joints and can help calm the pain from arthritis. One and a half tablespoons daily will do it. Add it to salads or wherever you prefer. You can also take two or three tablespoons and gently massage it onto the joints that are bothering you each day.
- Green tea is a popular drink today It is beneficial for your health in general but will decrease inflammation from arthritis too. I think they should offer this in more restaurants and take the place of soda. It’s much better for you anyway.
- Ginger is another herb that’s good for so many ailments. My mom used to give me ginger ale to calm my stomach when I was a kid. It too is a great inflammatory for joint pain.
- Willow bark is a very old remedy for treating arthritis and inflammation. This supplement is especially helpful for pain in the hips, back, knees, and the neck. And yes, kids can be a pain in the neck! LOL
- You can also try yoga, managing your stress levels, ice packs, heat pads, and massages.
Out of Pain-Controlling Diabetes
The bottom line here is that you want to be out of pain. You don’t want diabetes or at least have to control it. Neither is good, but together is double trouble. Sometimes the only thing that works for ailments is medications. The whole purpose of my website is to try natural methods.
It’s not that I don’t believe in drugs to help a situation, but if there alternatives that don’t involve drugs, then why not go that route? My goal is to help others and nobody wants to be in any kind of pain. Diabetes has to be reversed or at least controlled.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Does Diabetes Cause joint pain? Unfortunately, it does. High blood sugars cause diabetes. I sincerely hope that you learned something beneficial to help you with joint pain and arthritis. We don’t have to live in pain. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. You can read about something that will help you all you want. But if you don’t take action, then it’s just knowledge by itself.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API