Research reveals that cranberries lower blood sugar. Why should you have Cranberries for Diabetes? For one, they contain numerous antioxidants that help lower your blood sugar and control your type 2 diabetes. The best way is by eating fresh cranberries and not from the can. There are 22 grams of sugar in a can of cranberries! WHOA! Learn why cranberries should be in your diabetes diet.
Why are Cranberries Beneficial for Diabetics?
As diabetics, we do NOT want sugar, or at least “added” sugar into natural fruit products. It’s important to know that you can get fresh cranberries and they will keep (in a plastic bag) for 3-4 weeks and you can freeze them for up to a full year!
This awesome fruit also supplies your body with plenty of nutrition that will help you stay healthy. All the research points to the fact that cranberries may lower your blood glucose because of the polyphenols they contain.
If you like cranberry juice, you’ll want to choose a brand such as Ocean Spray that is low calorie and unsweetened because sweetened juice will spike your sugar levels. I drink this all the time. But you want to limit yourself to 2 glasses a day. One of the reasons is that too much cranberry juice can produce kidney stones and you do NOT want them! So exercise caution. That’s all, and you’ll help your blood sugars.
With sugars, you want your food to be low to moderate on the food glycemic index chart. 55 or less is ideal and cranberry juice checks in at between 50-68 . It all depends on the brand the the particular type. You don’t want any food that has a glycemic index of over 70 because that’s in the high range. This is what most other fruits don’t have.
The bottom line is that cranberries can be beneficial for your blood sugars and diabetes. You just have to be cautious about the amount you eat or drink because too much of anything is no good and in this case less than moderate is good and anything more may not be. So just be careful. I love cranberry sauce and if I only have it at Thanksgiving, it isn’t going to be detrimental to my health. I am just cautious.
Health Benefits of Cranberries
Urinary Tract Infections
One of the best benefits of cranberries is for its prevention of urinary tract infections. This is especially beneficial for those individuals with UTI’s occurring repeatedly. It’s the cranberries actually that help and not cranberry juice. Bacteria ceases to stick to the lining of the urinary tract because of the antioxidants in the cranberries.
If you take a cranberry supplement, it may help, but the cranberry juice will not help. In fact, the best way is through the actual cranberries themselves. Juice may help somewhat, but the ingredients in the cranberry juice may help with cleaning out the bacteria, but it never helps your bladder because it doesn’t get a chance to get to the bladder to help. Make cranberries the first choice and cranberry juice the second choice.
Nobody ever wants this. The best way we can avoid it is to protect our bodies by eating healthy foods such as cranberries. There have been studies that showed that cranberries have been able to have definite effects with particular types of cancer such as breast, prostate, lung, and colon cancers and they are also able to reduce the growth of tumors.
This is very encouraging to say the least. Anytime you can eat a natural food that is going to help your health and fight something such as cancer, you can’t pass up this opportunity. Kill cancer instead of it killing you! Be smart and have foods that are good for your body.
In my opinion and as far as all the research I have ever done, inflammation is the cause of every disease and ailment in the body. It is definitely the cause of my type 2 diabetes.
That’s why inflammation MUST be dealt with and cranberries do have that anti-inflammatory effect which help to treat this toxic enemy that our bodies do not need.
Cranberries with their antioxidants have the potential to provide benefits for protection for digestive and stomach issues, the heart and cardiovascular system, of course rheumatoid arthritis which is always a result of inflammation. When you think about, when do most of us have cranberries? Right, Thanksgiving! Well, let’s make every day Thanksgiving from now on.
Check Out the Video below about Cranberries & Blood Sugar
Obesity and weight loss are always a problem. It’s just unhealthy and leads to all sorts of problems and we all know that. Eat healthy and you start to feel and look better. Fruits and vegetables are always the best choices when it comes to food that will help you lose weight and stay fit.
By including cranberries in your diet you are getting that much more help in the weight loss department. They can help you to lose weight because your metabolism and your digestive system begin to improve from the antioxidants in the cranberries cleaning out all the toxins from your body.
There are many issues that can cause heart problems, but two of the biggest are unhealthy eating and the lack of exercise. Cranberries can help your heart be more healthy because of their numerous enzymes and minerals that can be very powerful indeed.
Their job is to unblock and keep your arteries and their linings clear from the LDL bad cholesterol.
Your heart is your most important organ and you need it to function not only properly, but at it’s peak performance. When you know a food such as cranberries can be beneficial to assisting the health of your heart, you would be smart to include it in your diet. Cranberry juice is good, but I only drink the diet cranberry juice because of the sugar content. The regular has too much sugar. The best way to lower your blood sugar is with Curalin.
Losing hair is a common problem among us. Sometimes it’s something that you just can’t prevent. But there are times and things you can do to help with this issue. First off, you can lose your hair through genetics and then of course being unhealthy is going to cause the problem too.
While there are many products out there in the market today to treat your hair loss, the best remedy is always something that is natural. Vitamins are always needed and healthy for your body and vitamin A and vitamin C are necessary for healthy hair and the growth of your hair and cranberries consist of both vitamins.
Everyone wants to look good as they age and also be able to slow down aging as much as possible. You want to have your skin without fine lines and wrinkles. The best foods that are natural such as cranberries can rid your body of the bad boys such as toxins and free radicals that can cause a lot of harm to your body and make you age faster. Take advantage of the antioxidants in cranberries that will help your body achieve a slower aging process.
Bacteria can be good and bad. But in this case in your stomach the bad bacteria can successfully attach themselves to the walls of your stomach and the result can be an ulcer. You can help to protect your stomach and the linings from an ulcer by the polyphenols in cranberries. You’ll be doing your stomach and yourself a big favor for sure.
One of the biggest culprits in our mouths are bacteria. Cranberries contain something called proanthocyanidins that can be beneficial to your mouth because what they do is stop the bacteria from sticking to your teeth. This is also excellent news for your gums as well! Hmm, do they make cranberry toothpaste? 🙂 Actually, they do.
If you want to have your mental capacities remain in precise form, then cranberries are the answer. Those nasty free radicals that cause so much trouble by possibly causing inflammation in your brain and also damage your DNA can be kept in check. This raises your risk for Alzheimer’s Disease or also know as Type 3 Diabetes.
But cranberries have vitamin C and that is the main ingredient for the making of norepinephrine which helps to improve movement function and control and at the same time helps to encourage open communication between your brain cells.
Your colon and digestive system work much better when you eat fiber and cranberries provide plenty of fiber. They will aid in the flushing out your system of toxins and bacteria which gives you a healthy gut and healthy colon. Fiber is excellent for you.
- Cranberries do have a sour taste to them if that doesn’t suit your taste. It’s easy to buy supplements or drink the low calorie unsweetened cranberry juice.
- Cranberries themselves are much healthier than the juice because they contain many more beneficial nutrients and antioxidants than the juice has.
- If you are taking the drug Coumadin, you want to minimize or avoid cranberries or drinking cranberry juice altogether because the ingredients in cranberries weaken Coumadin and raise the anticoagulant result on your body and that may raise your chances of bleeding severely.
Fruits and vegetables are the best for you especially for diabetes. Now you know that Cranberries for Diabetes is a good match. The best fruits for blood sugars on the glycemic index are berries. They have the lowest numbers. So make sure that you have cranberries in your diet. Just don’t overdo it and check with your doctor with anything you do.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Kraus, Daniel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 191 Pages - 10/08/2019 (Publication Date) - Hard Case Crime (Publisher)
Last update on 2021-09-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API