There is evidence according to research that eating pistachios on a fairly regular basis will lessen your hormone and insulin proportion and lowers fasting glucose levels. This is great news because we know that eating any kind of nuts is healthy for you. So, How Are Pistachios Good For Diabetics?
Pistachios and the Benefits for Lowering Blood Sugar
It’s important as a diabetic to look for foods that are going to not only be healthy, but ones that help with controlling our blood sugars.
Studies were performed and pistachios were found to be equally vital to help with effects on glucose metabolism. This to me, is obviously what you want to be eating, wouldn’t you agree?
Because pistachios contain zeaxanthin and lutein, these antioxidants are beneficial in the protection of your eyes and for me, my eyes are THE most important thing, bar none!
Besides the antioxidants nuts also contain potassium and fiber. But they also have a higher content of fat, but it’s good fat that your body needs. Pistachios are good for your blood sugar but they are also heart healthy.
You want to protect your heart because folks with diabetes are more likely to die from stroke and heart attack. So all the more reason that pistachios should be a part of your diet everyday. If you know there are foods and other things that can help you lower your blood sugar, control your diabetes, and protect your heart, why wouldn’t you take advantage of them? Well? Of course you know it makes sense.
Research performed showed that patients with prediabetes who consumed just a handful of pistachios a day, had their blood glucose and insulin levels drop significantly. There were other positive results of enhancing the process of their glucose and insulin as well. Physicians and health care officials firmly believe in adding pistachios to your diet. Nuts are just that good for you.
But remember, with pistachios and other nuts, just don’t overdo it. Too much of anything is never good for you. Just have enough in moderation and that will help you with your blood sugars and provide healthy benefits for your body. In addition, pistachios are going to help you with lowering your blood pressure and that can be good for your heart as well. Check your pressure regularly.
Check Out the Video Below about Pistachios & Diabetes
How do Pistachios Affect your Blood Sugars?
It’s vital to follow and stay on a healthy diet because those are the foods that will keep you on the right tract to controlling and maintaining your glucose levels. And not only do doctors and the medical field approve in including pistachios in your diet, the ADA is also behind having them in your diet! I think the ADA knows what they’re talking about. After all, they are all about diabetes.
So what do pistachios have that makes them great for controlling your blood glucose numbers? FIBER! That’s the key here. Your glucose spikes when you eat carbohydrates such as sugar and starches. Fiber does NOT raise your blood sugar levels and fiber foods should be on your menu all the time! Pistachios along with other nuts should be your healthy choices.
Let’s face it. Nuts are a natural food packed with the healthy fats you need. These are always going to affect your blood glucose levels in a positive way. If you stick to a small serving, as a snack let’s say, you will benefit from them.
Health Benefits of Pistachios
1) Weight Loss
People who eat nuts on a regular basis have been known to lose weight. They are low in calories, and have a high protein and high fiber count. Pistachios make a much better snack than most others such as pretzels, potato chips, and popcorn.
Plant based foods that are 100% have no cholesterol as opposed to foods from animals such as dairy, meat, and eggs that do have bad cholesterol. Pistachios are also beneficial for the HDL good cholesterol and also benefit your triglyceride levels. It’s just so much healthier to have pistachios because they lower your risk for cardiovascular disease. This includes strokes and heart attacks as I mentioned before.
There are good and bad bacteria and guess which one you want? Yes! You need soluble fiber from foods because the fiber aids in increasing the amount of good bacteria inside your intestines. The fiber that pistachios provide can lessen your chances for specific diseases such as digestive disorders, gastric ulcers, and cancer.
4) Skin Care
You want to prevent dryness of your skin and pistachios can help to accomplish this with their saturated fats. You want to take care of your skin because as you age, it begins to show. This is the largest organ in your body and the only one that shows. You don’t want premature aging showing from your skin. Wrinkles and fine lines from too much exposure to the sun and elements can really do a number on your skin. Stick with pistachios because the vitamin E content can surely help with this.
5) Heart Health
Your heart keeps every organ moving. It needs to pump the blood and it needs to be healthy in order to do that. As long as pistachios help with your cholesterol levels with their polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, you will be doing the best thing for your heart by keeping it strong and healthy.
6) Macular Degeneration
As previously mentioned, your eyes are extremely vital for your health. It’s so important as you get older to do everything you can to prevent macular degeneration which decreases your vision to where you could lose your sight. This scares me enough to take care of my eyes!
Because of those nasty free radicals, they can attempt to attack the cells of your eyes and you do not want them to do that. The antioxidants that pistachios have in them called Zeaxanthin and Lutein can combat and demolish these free radicals and this can prevent cell damage and macular degeneration.
Click Below to Lower your Blood Sugar
7) Boost Your Immune System
You always want your immune system working at its peak performance. It cannot be compromised otherwise your body will be in trouble. You need to stave off the pathogens that can cause disease. In order to heal from being sick you must rely on your immune system. Pistachios with vitamin B6 and the antioxidants help to ensure that your body gets all the blood that it needs to stay healthy.
One of the best things that you can do for your body and your health is to calm inflammation. It’s the basis for all diseases and illnesses. One inflammatory disease which can strike in the elderly is arthritis, either rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis and pistachios can provide relief from inflammation.
9) Your Nervous System
It’s crucial to take care of your nervous system especially if you have type 2 diabetes. With diabetes you can develop neuropathy which is when your nerves begin to die. I know this because I have neuropathy and it’s numbness in my feet from the diabetes and possibly a deficiency in vitamin B6.
10) Brain Health
Your brain needs to be healthy especially if you have type 2 diabetes because that can lead to type 3 diabetes, or otherwise known as Alzheimer’s disease. By increasing the hemoglobin count in your blood you can supply your brain with more activity and the vitamin B6 in pistachios can make that happen.
11) Blood Vessels
If you want to promote the health of your blood vessels then turn to pistachios for help. They contain an amino acid known as L- arginine which gets transformed to nitric oxide in your body. Because of this pistachios are responsible for the good health of your blood vessels.
12) Blood Sugars
Pistachios have a very positive affect on your blood glucose levels. One of the big reasons is that they have a low glycemic index of only 18! Anything under 55 on the glycemic index chart is a very good sign. They are also rich in carotenoids, antioxidants, and magnesium which are all beneficial in lowering blood sugars.
You might wonder how pistachios can help you avoid anemia. But if you have a moderate amount of a handful of pistachio nuts a day, you can help your body to prevent anemia. This is because of the contents of copper that pistachios has. It will allow your body to better absorb that much more iron into your system which will raise your level of hemoglobin and give you comfort from anemia.
- Stomach aches
- Allergies to pistachios
- Avoid if you have gout
So, How Are Pistachios Good For Diabetics? Nuts are healthy, period. But it means to only have in moderation because that’s how they benefit your diabetes and other ailments the most. Pistachios can be very healthy for you. What most concerns me is the fact that they can be beneficial for type 2 diabetes. You can’t go wrong with pistachios. Just don’t over indulge. Get healthier now and help to control your type 2 diabetes.
Click Below to Lower your Blood Sugar
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API