You can help to lower your blood sugar levels with mulberry leaf extract because of its compound known as DNJ (deooxynojirimycin). Mulberries have a low glycemic index of only 25. A glycemic index of under 55 is excellent! Why else is White Mulberry Leaf Extract Benefits for Diabetes a good choice? Let’s find out!
How Beneficial is White Mulberry Leaf Extract?
Since mulberry tea and leaf extract contain a good deal of minerals, vitamins, compounds, and nutrients, it makes perfect sense to have mulberry in your diet in any form to help treat your type 2 diabetes.
These compounds are important because they will assist in keeping your blood glucose levels in the normal range. They accomplish this by breaking down your sugars slowly in your stomach and letting them to be slowly absorbed into your bloodstream.
There was research performed with rats and they were fed carbohydrates but first were fed mulberry leaf extract first and the results were that blood sugar levels were substantially lower.
Then there were also studies done on men and after a month of consuming mulberry leaf extract, the men’s blood glucose levels also were lowered significantly as well. Mulberry leaf extract has shown that it affects blood sugar and is a good solution for diabetics to have to benefit their health.
Health Benefits of Mulberries (and Leaf Extract)
1) Blood Circulation
Your body requires excellent blood circulation to be healthy. You can help to keep your blood vessels working at optimal performance by the antioxidants in mulberry leaf extract which will assist in having your blood vessels stay dilated.
Because mulberries help to keep your blood circulating throughout your body, it leads to your blood pressure being controlled as well.
Healthy blood vessels mean a lower hypertension and results in a more free flowing of blood to every part of your body. They contain high amounts of potassium and iron which in turn results in more red blood cells being produced and a better more thorough job of cleansing your blood too.
2) Your Brain
Your brain controls all your thoughts and then some. It needs to be healthy and function at its peak for you to live healthy and happy. Your body parts including your brain help you to live each and every day and if you don’t give your brain what it needs you will suffer the consequences down the road.
Mulberries help to provide your brain with calcium and because studies revealed that they can help keep your brain young, it would be foolish to not take advantage of them. But in addition to that if you have type 2 diabetes, you’ll be doing your brain a huge favor by aiding it against type 3 diabetes (or Alzheimer’s disease.)
You always want to look and stay younger than you really are, right? Mulberry leaf extract has that ability because it contains resveratrol which assists in your protection against those ultraviolet rays that are can be very damaging to your skin.
You can count on mulberries to keep your skin from showing fine lines and wrinkles because they are abundant in antioxidants, such as the beta-carotenes which work great against aging. A deficiency in vitamins such as vitamin A, C, and vitamin E can also contribute to aging wrinkles but that’s not an issue because they are contained in mulberries.
4) Colds and Flu
Do you like having a cold or the flu? Of course not! Who hasn’t experienced either one of these for a duration of time and suffered and been totally miserable? Isn’t an ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure as they say?
Mulberries can help, especially white mulberries. They are able to help prevent colds and flu with flavonoids and vitamin C. It makes perfect sense to have mulberries in your diet for avoiding illnesses like this can really take you down for an extended period of time.
Nobody wants to even get a sniffle, much less colds and flu. Think back to the last time you had the flu. Now if white mulberries could have helped you not go through such a terrible and miserable time, wouldn’t you have made sure you had them in your fridge beforehand? That’s what I thought! 🙂
5) Your Vision
Oh say can you see? Never take your eyesight for granted. Never. I sure don’t and neither should you. I’m sure that you’re aware of vitamin A and carrots that help your vision. So what can mulberries do for you? Well, they can help greatly with your eyesight. They can aid in the prevention of macular degeneration and cataracts because of their consistency of carotenoids.
In addition, mulberries offer protection against vision loss against the free radicals that can cause so many issues in your body if not kept in check. Unfortunately, the cells of your eyes can suffer from oxidative stress. But the zeaxanthin in mulberries can help to lessen your risks of this happening.
6) Lessen Risk of Cancer
This is something you really want to prevent from ever happening. As far as I’m concerned anything you can do or have in your diet that will keep you free of this horrendous disease is worth it! So what do mulberries have that makes them so powerful? Well, let’s start with anthocyanins that can aid in staving off cancer cells.
Next, they can help in fighting the spreading and growth of tumors and protect your body from this happening in the first place with the phytonutrients and antioxidants they provide. And then there’s resveratrol that’s inside mulberries which is powerful in fight against cancers such as skin, thyroid, prostate, and colon cancer.
Lower your Blood Sugars Below
7) Immune System
Your body and its health is protected and defended against diseases, viruses, bacteria, and a whole lots of other bad guys out to get you! You keep it strong and it will do the same for you. But if your immune system is compromised, you’re going to have trouble.
Mulberry leaf extract contains vitamin C is a huge part of fighting against disease. Give your body the edge over anything looking to invade your body and make mulberries part of your diet. They can be very healthy for you.
8) Stronger Bones
Your bones should be as strong as possible and this is a concern when you older because your bones can become brittle and you don’t want that. Mulberries can help to lessen your chances of developing bone disorders related to age such as osteoporosis. You can have the process of healing your bones be sped up by consuming mulberry leaf extract or mulberries themselves.
The reason they can make your bones stronger is because they contain calcium, vitamin K, and iron. But even though they don’t provide as much, they still consist of magnesium and phosphorous which aid in your bones becoming stronger as well.
9) Clean Blood
You want your blood to be clean and healthy too. So by making mulberries a part of your diet you can regularly help with the circulation of your blood and the cleaning as well. It aids in enriching your entire blood system and the relaxation of your nerves as well.
10) Weight Loss
Mulberries have so much to offer. They are low in sugar, low in calories, have a lot of fiber and this can all help lead you to losing weight. First, you don’t want sugar, especially if you have type 2 diabetes. With a low glycemic index of only 25, that makes it a great choice!
11) Your Liver
Your liver is another organ that is vital to your health. Mulberries have the ability to make your liver stronger. They also cleanse and “feed” the blood in your liver. Mulberries are beneficial because of their iron capacity too. Do whatever it takes to have a healthy liver.
Mulberry leaf extract and mulberries consist of a large amount of antioxidants. One I mentioned before is resveratrol that acts as an antibiotic in natural form to help lessen your risk of a heart attack. Additionally it assists in maintaining a normal blood pressure.
This is another function that’s extremely important. It’s fiber you’re looking for and mulberries can sure give you fiber. This helps you to avoid experiencing bloating, cramps, and of course constipation. By building up your stool, this assists in moving the food along through your digestive tract and this will lessen your chances of any of these things from occurring. Your stomach will thank you.
- An allergic reaction, but this is extremely rare
- Low blood sugar (or hypoglycemia)
There really aren’t many side effects as far as mulberries and mulberry leaf extract go. The best thing you can do is check your blood sugars often. And of course the big tip is to check with your doctor with anything and everything that you are about to change. Better safe than sorry.
Lower your Blood Sugars Below
White Mulberry Leaf Extract Benefits for diabetes is a great choice to help you with your blood sugars and overall general health. Please don’t overdo it. That’s the key. Mulberries are a natural food with a low glycemic index that will not raise your blood sugars so they can benefit you in many ways.
Treating type 2 diabetes the natural way is one step at a time. Every little bit helps. This can really help you with your blood sugar, but make sure you check with your doctor first!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds. Portable. Travel Size
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Mark Hyman reveals that the secret to losing weight and preventing not just diabetes but also heart disease, stroke, dementia, and cancer is balanced insulin levels.
- Mark Hyman M.D. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 448 Pages - 12/30/2014 (Publication Date) - Little, Brown Spark (Publisher)
- Advanced Glucometer Kit: metene TD-4116 diabetes testing kit is equipped with advanced technologies, bring more accurate and reliable results and better experience for your blood sugar control; a control solution is included for checking the glucometer and strips
- Easy to Use: The blood glucose monitor is with code-free design, ready for testing once insert the strip correctly; the quick guide inside the package lists the steps to do a test clearly, easy to follow; any problem about operation, we are here ready to answer and provide glucose monitoring system instructional videos
- 7 Seconds And 0.7µl Blood: This blood glucose meter kit just need 0.7 microliter blood sample and 7 seconds to get you blood glucose value; Fast, minimize wound and less painful
- More Clearly Glucose Trend: 4 modes to record your glucose value according to different time, shows your glucose trend more clearly; 450 blood sugar values storage, continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average, which bring more convenient Diabetes management for you and your health provider
- User-friendly for The Aged: 4 reminder alarms could be set everyday to remind the aged to do a test in time, considerate; the display is more large than most glucose monitors, showing the results more clearly, easier to read for the aged
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2022-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API