There is evidence according to research that eating pistachios on a fairly regular basis will lessen your hormone and insulin proportion and lowers fasting glucose levels. This is great news because we know that eating any kind of nuts is healthy for you. So, How Are Pistachios Good For Diabetics?
Pistachios and the Benefits for Lowering Blood Sugar
It’s important as a diabetic to look for foods that are going to not only be healthy, but ones that help with controlling our blood sugars.
Studies were performed and pistachios were found to be equally vital to help with effects on glucose metabolism. This to me, is obviously what you want to be eating, wouldn’t you agree?
Because pistachios contain zeaxanthin and lutein, these antioxidants are beneficial in the protection of your eyes and for me, my eyes are THE most important thing, bar none!
Besides the antioxidants nuts also contain potassium and fiber. But they also have a higher content of fat, but it’s good fat that your body needs. Pistachios are good for your blood sugar but they are also heart healthy.
You want to protect your heart because folks with diabetes are more likely to die from stroke and heart attack. So all the more reason that pistachios should be a part of your diet everyday. If you know there are foods and other things that can help you lower your blood sugar, control your diabetes, and protect your heart, why wouldn’t you take advantage of them? Well? Of course you know it makes sense.
Research performed showed that patients with prediabetes who consumed just a handful of pistachios a day, had their blood glucose and insulin levels drop significantly. There were other positive results of enhancing the process of their glucose and insulin as well. Physicians and health care officials firmly believe in adding pistachios to your diet. Nuts are just that good for you.
But remember, with pistachios and other nuts, just don’t overdo it. Too much of anything is never good for you. Just have enough in moderation and that will help you with your blood sugars and provide healthy benefits for your body. In addition, pistachios are going to help you with lowering your blood pressure and that can be good for your heart as well. Check your pressure regularly.
Check Out the Video Below about Pistachios & Diabetes
How do Pistachios Affect your Blood Sugars?
It’s vital to follow and stay on a healthy diet because those are the foods that will keep you on the right tract to controlling and maintaining your glucose levels. And not only do doctors and the medical field approve in including pistachios in your diet, the ADA is also behind having them in your diet! I think the ADA knows what they’re talking about. After all, they are all about diabetes.
So what do pistachios have that makes them great for controlling your blood glucose numbers? FIBER! That’s the key here. Your glucose spikes when you eat carbohydrates such as sugar and starches. Fiber does NOT raise your blood sugar levels and fiber foods should be on your menu all the time! Pistachios along with other nuts should be your healthy choices.
Let’s face it. Nuts are a natural food packed with the healthy fats you need. These are always going to affect your blood glucose levels in a positive way. If you stick to a small serving, as a snack let’s say, you will benefit from them.
Health Benefits of Pistachios
1) Weight Loss
People who eat nuts on a regular basis have been known to lose weight. They are low in calories, and have a high protein and high fiber count. Pistachios make a much better snack than most others such as pretzels, potato chips, and popcorn.
Plant based foods that are 100% have no cholesterol as opposed to foods from animals such as dairy, meat, and eggs that do have bad cholesterol. Pistachios are also beneficial for the HDL good cholesterol and also benefit your triglyceride levels. It’s just so much healthier to have pistachios because they lower your risk for cardiovascular disease. This includes strokes and heart attacks as I mentioned before.
There are good and bad bacteria and guess which one you want? Yes! You need soluble fiber from foods because the fiber aids in increasing the amount of good bacteria inside your intestines. The fiber that pistachios provide can lessen your chances for specific diseases such as digestive disorders, gastric ulcers, and cancer.
4) Skin Care
You want to prevent dryness of your skin and pistachios can help to accomplish this with their saturated fats. You want to take care of your skin because as you age, it begins to show. This is the largest organ in your body and the only one that shows. You don’t want premature aging showing from your skin. Wrinkles and fine lines from too much exposure to the sun and elements can really do a number on your skin. Stick with pistachios because the vitamin E content can surely help with this.
5) Heart Health
Your heart keeps every organ moving. It needs to pump the blood and it needs to be healthy in order to do that. As long as pistachios help with your cholesterol levels with their polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, you will be doing the best thing for your heart by keeping it strong and healthy.
6) Macular Degeneration
As previously mentioned, your eyes are extremely vital for your health. It’s so important as you get older to do everything you can to prevent macular degeneration which decreases your vision to where you could lose your sight. This scares me enough to take care of my eyes!
Because of those nasty free radicals, they can attempt to attack the cells of your eyes and you do not want them to do that. The antioxidants that pistachios have in them called Zeaxanthin and Lutein can combat and demolish these free radicals and this can prevent cell damage and macular degeneration.
Click Below to Lower your Blood Sugar
7) Boost Your Immune System
You always want your immune system working at its peak performance. It cannot be compromised otherwise your body will be in trouble. You need to stave off the pathogens that can cause disease. In order to heal from being sick you must rely on your immune system. Pistachios with vitamin B6 and the antioxidants help to ensure that your body gets all the blood that it needs to stay healthy.
One of the best things that you can do for your body and your health is to calm inflammation. It’s the basis for all diseases and illnesses. One inflammatory disease which can strike in the elderly is arthritis, either rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis and pistachios can provide relief from inflammation.
9) Your Nervous System
It’s crucial to take care of your nervous system especially if you have type 2 diabetes. With diabetes you can develop neuropathy which is when your nerves begin to die. I know this because I have neuropathy and it’s numbness in my feet from the diabetes and possibly a deficiency in vitamin B6.
10) Brain Health
Your brain needs to be healthy especially if you have type 2 diabetes because that can lead to type 3 diabetes, or otherwise known as Alzheimer’s disease. By increasing the hemoglobin count in your blood you can supply your brain with more activity and the vitamin B6 in pistachios can make that happen.
11) Blood Vessels
If you want to promote the health of your blood vessels then turn to pistachios for help. They contain an amino acid known as L- arginine which gets transformed to nitric oxide in your body. Because of this pistachios are responsible for the good health of your blood vessels.
12) Blood Sugars
Pistachios have a very positive affect on your blood glucose levels. One of the big reasons is that they have a low glycemic index of only 18! Anything under 55 on the glycemic index chart is a very good sign. They are also rich in carotenoids, antioxidants, and magnesium which are all beneficial in lowering blood sugars.
You might wonder how pistachios can help you avoid anemia. But if you have a moderate amount of a handful of pistachio nuts a day, you can help your body to prevent anemia. This is because of the contents of copper that pistachios has. It will allow your body to better absorb that much more iron into your system which will raise your level of hemoglobin and give you comfort from anemia.
- Stomach aches
- Allergies to pistachios
- Avoid if you have gout
So, How Are Pistachios Good For Diabetics? Nuts are healthy, period. But it means to only have in moderation because that’s how they benefit your diabetes and other ailments the most. Pistachios can be very healthy for you. What most concerns me is the fact that they can be beneficial for type 2 diabetes. You can’t go wrong with pistachios. Just don’t over indulge. Get healthier now and help to control your type 2 diabetes.
Click Below to Lower your Blood Sugar
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 10/22/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Advanced Glucometer Kit: metene TD-4116 diabetes testing kit is equipped with advanced technologies, bring more accurate and reliable results and better experience for your blood sugar control; a control solution is included for checking the glucometer and strips
- Easy to Use: The blood glucose monitor is with code-free design, ready for testing once insert the strip correctly; the quick guide inside the package lists the steps to do a test clearly, easy to follow; any problem about operation, we are here ready to answer and provide glucose monitoring system instructional videos
- 7 Seconds And 0.7µl Blood: This blood glucose meter kit just need 0.7 microliter blood sample and 7 seconds to get you blood glucose value; Fast, minimize wound and less painful
- More Clearly Glucose Trend: 4 modes to record your glucose value according to different time, shows your glucose trend more clearly; 450 blood sugar values storage, continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average, which bring more convenient Diabetes management for you and your health provider
- User-friendly for The Aged: 4 reminder alarms could be set everyday to remind the aged to do a test in time, considerate; the display is more large than most glucose monitors, showing the results more clearly, easier to read for the aged
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- FULL SPECTRUM OF BENEFITS TO PEOPLE WITH BLOOD SUGAR CONCERNS: (1) Promotes normal blood sugar levels, (2) Promotes weight loss, (3) Reduces absorption of sugars & other carbohydrates, (4) Promotes healthy insulin sensitivity & production, (5) Promotes healthy cholesterol, heart, blood vessels & circulation, and (6) Promotes healthy energy.
- HOW GLUCOCIL WORKS: Not many people know that there are 3 Essentials for keeping your blood sugar normal: (1) Reduce sugar absorption from food, (2) Reduce the liver’s sugar production, and (3) Increase the body’s use of sugar for energy. Target any one of the 3 Essentials and you'll improve your blood sugar levels. But target all 3 Essentials together, and you'll help keep your levels within the normal range. ONLY GLUCOCIL TARGETS ALL 3 ESSENTIALS FOR NORMAL BLOOD SUGAR.
- EXTRA STRENGTH SOFTGELS (*2,250mg OF ACTIVE INGREDIENTS PER SERVING): Doctor formulated, proprietary blood glucose management blend, 14 clinically researched ingredients based on more than 100 published research studies, including human clinical studies on Glucocil's proprietary mulberry leaf extract, which was shown to instantly lower peak post-meal elevations by up to 44%.
- OVER 1 MILLION BOTTLES SOLD: The Simple Secret of Targeting All 3 Essentials for Normal Blood Sugar + Support Overall Wellness for Enjoying Life More, since 2008, made in a registered GMP facility in USA, 100,000+ Facebook fans.
- DIRECTIONS: For the first 3 days, take 1 softgel with lunch and 1 softgel with dinner. After 3 days, take 2 softgels with lunch and 2 softgels with dinner. As with any nutritional supplement, talk with your doctor before using Glucocil.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API