When it comes to diabetes prevention, your diet can make a difference. And if you already have one, a diet change can help you manage it better. The right mix of foods keeps your blood glucose and insulin under control. If you have insulin resistance, that balance gets worse. What Is The Insulin Resistance Diet?
Why is the Insulin Resistance Diet Important?
It is harder for your body to burn food to get energy. And when too much sugar is build up in your bloodstream, you may be on your way to type 2 prediabetes or diabetes. And that could lead you to a diet with insulin resistance.
Choosing to eat snacks and healthy meals while adjusting good eating habits is often considered one of the critical aspects of a healthy lifestyle. This viewpoint is shared by healthcare experts and dietitians who prescribe the consumption of healthy meals in the pursuit of health and wellness.
Also, this practice is also one of the ways by which we can avoid insulin resistance; or if we already have the condition, we can manage it better through the insulin resistance diet. It can make a difference with your diabetes.
The insulin resistance diet is a specialized diet that can be easily followed up, not only by people with health problems. It is instead, a good habit for people who want to live a healthy life. This type of plan differs from other plan programs; it is categorically different from the fad diets that claim to strive for weight loss and fat by drastic dietary restrictions.
An insulin resistance diet primarily restricts the use of sweets, cookies, ice cream, pastries, and other similar foods. Because insulin resistance stems from these unhealthy food choices, the diet plan for insulin-resistant people limits the consumption of those mentioned above. This diet offers fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains. These food choices have unrefined and non-starchy carbohydrates, less fat and contain lean protein components.
For people who are interested in this diet, remember that a diet program for insulin resistance does not promise to lose weight, but has long-term benefits for health and well-being.
Shedding off the excess fat is only a quarter of the benefits that would come should an individual decide to follow this type of diet.
Following this type of diet program may be too drastic for those people who are not used to a healthy way of life. My advice for these people is to make the change very gradual.
If the diet is adjusted without appropriate stimulation, the body may not meet its goals to control insulin resistance. But again, if the diet is completely skipped, insulin resistance will not only be poorly managed, but diabetes will also occur.
What Is Insulin Resistance?
Let me quickly explain the meaning of insulin resistance for your better understanding. When some cells of the human body are unable to respond to insulin wholly and adequately, the cells are said to be affected by insulin resistance.
This is a disease in which the human body is not able to take up the insulin thus and adequately, glucose is not broken down in our body, and the body does not deal with the sugar well. Since insulin is not taken up by the body, this may lead to the accumulation of a large amount of insulin in the blood, which further complexes the situation. This situation is known as hyperinsulinemia.
Various Causes of IR
The causes of “IR” could be many, and it is difficult to be sure which one is applicable to which person. Generally, like many other diseases, this could also be passed over generations. It means that if anyone of your family members has suffered from “IR” in the past, you are more likely to catch the disorder than the one who has no family history of “IR.”
Moreover, physical activity is important for avoiding this disease as this would make the cells more active. Obesity is yet another factor leading to insulin resistance in the body cells.
Problems Associated with IR
Obesity is the most visible effect of insulin resistance. Not only abdominal obesity, but a weight gain in general, all over your body, is observed, that too, at a rapid pace. Blood pressure going high and increased cholesterol level is another significant problem associated with “IR.” This disorder also causes diabetes. And, last, but not the least, “IR” might add to the heart diseases as well. This means that cardiological diseases can also be observed in the “IR” patients.
How to Manage Insulin Resistance
Once you are diagnosed to be insulin resistant, it is very important to manage the disorder as carelessness might result in more dangerous outcomes, and the conditions may worsen. There are generally two ways for managing insulin resistance, either you reduce the need for insulin, or, the second option; you may increase the response of body cells towards the insulin.
The most common factor that needs to be followed while curing or managing any health-related disorder is to modify your lifestyle. The diet is the most important factor. Including those food items which have low glycemic index is necessary as it would require less insulin to absorb a low level of glucose and hence less insulin needs to be secreted by the body.
Further, since body weight is an important factor, in case you have high body weight and you are obese, you need to exercise a lot and include it in your daily lifestyle so that it becomes a habit and overweight could be managed.
As mentioned earlier, the people having genetic background of insulin resistance are more likely to suffer from the disorder; hence, they should take care of themselves more than the other people.
Benefits of an Insulin Resistance Diet
Low insulin sensitivity is the precursor to more severe diseases such as diabetes and an important part of Syndrome X, a group of diseases that all increase the risk of developing diabetes, stroke or heart disease. This situation in itself is also worrying because it feeds itself. If you are insulin-resistant or insulin-insensitive, your body needs the more to metabolize blood glucose and moderate your blood sugar levels.
This disease feeds itself because these high levels of blood glucose make you listless and you move less quickly or even remain active during the day. Unfortunately, you must remain active and train regularly to reverse the insulin resistance.
The insulin resistance diet is, in fact, a tool that people with insulin resistance can use to help reverse the trend. It is known that the best treatment for this disease is to break the vicious circle of decline by exercising and losing weight, but your diet helps to feed the lethargy that makes movement difficult.
If you succeed in switching from a friendly diet to insulin, you increase your chances of combating the underlying disease.
The advantages of an insulin resistance diet are very easy and straight forward. The diet restricts food that causes blood sugar spores so that you can maintain a sufficiently high energy level to undo insulin sensitivity problems with exercise and weight loss.
The insulin resistance medium is not just for those who try to reverse the resistance levels. If you are looking to lose blood pressure and lose weight or want more energy to train, then this diet is for you. This will help you find the results you are looking for and enable you to live longer and healthier.
How to Develop an Insulin Resistance Diet
This subject matter may not be a familiar topic to most of you. When do I speak on this subject of insulin resistance I always get asked what we should eat? Well, I am going to provide that information to all of you in this article which is called how to develop an insulin resistance diet.
There are types of foods that you will digest nice and slow. This will keep your blood sugar spikes in check. But I bet if you are honest that you do not eat many of them, let alone know what they are.
When was the last time you had whole wheat pasta, some barley, or some beans on your plate? They are what will keep your sugar spikes in check, and you know you do not eat much of them if any at all. The same thing goes for legumes, chickpeas, soybeans or lentils. When was the last time you saw any of them on your plate? Get to know them today.
But fortunately, many of you have gotten the message about whole grain cereals. You are now choosing higher fiber brands, and that is good. Some studies show that people who consume the whole grain cereal fiber are less likely to have insulin resistance than those who eat the least.
You need to start by making sure your morning cereal contains at least five grams of fiber per serving. Secondly, make your sandwiches with your whole grain bread. Make sure the label on the package says “whole.” This food tastes good, why resist it?
Normalize Your Body’s Daily Activities With An Insulin Resistance Diet
To be healthy should not be something like an option for you nor a choice to make whenever you are up to it, but instead, it should be a must that needs to be incorporated in your daily routines.
To be healthy means having a balanced diet which is eating foods that have fewer fats, oil, and sugar; eating moderately on animal foods, nuts, and dried beans; eating more of fruits and vegetables, and of course, eating just enough of rice and other carbs.
Couple these with plenty of water and fruit juices and you will be on the healthy side of the globe.
Leading a healthy lifestyle denotes that you are away to free from illnesses that often strike people who are practicing a poor lifestyle. But then, there are cases that no matter how healthy you may be living and how pious you are in sticking to consuming only balance meals or have even shifted to a vegetarian, there are times that some health issues will occur; illnesses that are beyond your ability to control.
Health problems are often caused by how one’s lifestyle is lead. Having a poor one merits most cases. On the other hand, some are caused by biochemical or genetic factors. This means that what medical condition you may have might be something that’s within the family, something that you may have inherited or had been passed on. To cite one is insulin resistance syndrome.
Insulin resistance is a medical condition wherein the cells of the body are becoming resistant to insulin’s effects which means the typical response is reduced. When the response level is reduced, the pancreas thinks that it’s beta cells have inadequately produce insulin, the hormone essential to the body as it regulates the amount of glucose in the blood and helps turn sugar into energy. Under production to none or lack of it will result in type 2 diabetes.
For those that are already under this medical condition, there are advised to follow a certain insulin resistance diet plan, which will help them treat the syndrome. The plan includes following an insulin resistance diet menu, which they should religiously follow until they have reached the safe side or until they are treated.
Going through this insulin resistant diet program has a lot of advantages for you to make the most of. Like bringing your weight down, gaining control of your cravings and appetite, sugar level will be more stable, being able to stay far from the risk of having diabetes and lessen abdominal fat and a lot more.
When all of these will be achieved, you are then sure that all the activities that your body is used to having will be back and everything will be in their normal state again.
Following an insulin resistant diet helps a lot in getting yourself to do normal activities. It is also an advantage to you as a treatment for insulin resistance should you are under this medical condition.
Now you have the answer to the question, “What Is The Insulin Resistance Diet?” You now know what it is, what you must do and do your best to follow the insulin resistance diet so that you are as healthy as you can be.
Check Out Below the Best Way
to Lower Your Blood Sugar Fast
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API