Are you aware that spirulina is loaded with nutrients that are not only good for you, but also beneficial for lowering your blood sugars? Spirulina is loaded with nutrients to lower your blood sugars. This blue green algae found in countries such as Asia, Africa, and Central America has been researched and the findings were positive for treating folks with type 2 diabetes with the spirulina supplement. It also provides antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that assist in the fight against diabetes. Let’s focus on Spirulina for Diabetes:
Why is Spirulina Beneficial for you?
Spirulina is loaded with nutrients to lower your blood sugars. This blue green algae found in countries such as Asia, Africa, and Central America has been researched and the findings were positive for treating folks with type 2 diabetes with the spirulina supplement. It also provides antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that assist in the fight against diabetes.
Studies were performed to compare it with medications prescribed for type 2 diabetes and spirulina provided better results than the most popular diabetes medication, Metformin.
That’s pretty amazing, don’t you think? And just a small amount of only 2 grams resulted in a splendid minimization of blood glucose levels. That is awesome!
This blue green algae is a bacteria called cyanobacterium. (I’ll stick to calling it blue algae) 🙂 This bacteria does the identical thing that plants do and that’s producing energy from sunlight called photosynthesis. (If you remember this from high school) I do. Seems like only yesterday!
Research and studies were performed and results were that spirulina was found to help to give more strength by helping the results of insulin. There’s an extract in spirulina known as Phycocyanin and this is the reason why spirulina has such an extreme blue color. But research determined that this extract encourages your body’s function of insulin and may be a likely prospect for treating type 2 diabetes.
This superfood is known across the globe and can be a key in lowering and maintaining your blood glucose levels. It’s the basis for controlling type 2 diabetes and possibly reversing it. Studies done showed that participants given 10 grams of spirulina for three months significantly lowered their blood sugars.
This blue green algae just seems to have about everything in it. It consists of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12(excellent for the nervous system and neuropathy), C, and vitamin E. It also contains important minerals: potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, calcium, selenium, iron, and manganese.
One tablespoon consists of: 1.8 grams of carbohydrates, only 20 calories, 1 gram of fat, and omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6. Matched up against almost any food, this is the one that could be considered the best when it comes to nutrition! So take advantage of spirulina.
Health Benefits of Spirulina
Allergies can really take a toll on you, right? I feel lucky because I’ve never had many allergies to speak of. But I have gotten plenty symptoms from colds and flu such as scratchy throat, runny nose, eyes watering up, and sometimes headaches, fatigue, achiness and all this “wonderful” symptoms you get with allergies.
If you have type 2 diabetes then you have more of a chance of developing type 3 diabetes (Alzheimer’s disease) and Parkinson’s disease. Your brain is obviously vital to your health and spirulina can help to avoid these conditions.
I am always concerned about dementia and anything that has to do with the brain. Studies were done that showed that spirulina can aid in decreasing brain damage.
Control Your Cholesterol
This is an important thing to think about because if your LDL bad cholesterol levels or your HDL good cholesterol levels are off, it affects your health big time. You don’t want heart and cardiovascular issues for sure. Spirulina can possibly preserve your HDL levels while at the same time reducing your LDL levels.
There are so many serious diseases out there today with no cures such as dementia and cancer. But there are alternative methods of treating them such as spirulina that can be beneficial for specific cancers, some of which occur in the mouth. This may be especially important to anyone who chews tobacco.
If you are in this group you may experience lesions and spirulina can help with reducing the relapse of these particular lesions. Studies were also done and they revealed that spirulina may actually aid in fighting against pancreatic cancer.
Every organ in your body is important for survival. And your liver is no exception because if you’re a patient who has issues with your liver, you may wind up with liver failure or cirrhosis of the liver if you are suffering from chronic disease of this organ. It’s the free radicals that always responsible for these issues and spirulina can help because of its’ contents of antioxidants. So you may want to introduce spirulina into your diet to help protect your liver.
Your skin is important especially as you age. It gets harder to take care of it and the sun can take a toll on it too if you expose yourself to it for long periods of time. Again, it’s the free radicals that are the causes along with the toxic pollutants, other chemicals out there in our lives, and the ultra violet rays from the sun.
Spirulina can be a powerhouse for protecting against all of these because of the antioxidants it contains. It’s also beneficial for protecting against skin cancer and tumors as well that derive from the UV rays.
If you want to reduce aging of your skin as far as fine lines and wrinkles resulting from the free radicals, then spirulina will assist in keeping your skin looking and feeling healthier.
Protecting Your Bones
If you are older like me, you want to do the best you can to protect your bones. Calcium is always a great source and spirulina is loaded with calcium. I try to get enough calcium because it is vital especially when you get older. I added spirulina to my diet to get every bit of help that I can from it and feel better knowing that it’s helping to protect my bones.
Inflammation & Arthritis
I am thankful that I don’t have arthritis at this point in my life. This can obviously be uncomfortable and painful. And of course getting older doesn’t really help! It’s unfortunate that inflammation is the cause of every disease and ailment, but spirulina consists of many anti-inflammatory substances that can aid in arthritis pain and inflammation.
Nobody likes being in pain and I was used to seeing my mom in terrible pain from arthritis. It’s just horrible so do yourself a favor and let spirulina help you!
Your body benefits highly from protein. Getting sufficient amounts of protein is going to be extremely healthy for you. Spirulina is made up of approximately 60% protein and is beneficial for you no matter what type diet you are following. This is a perfect addition for your other sources of protein.
Just what is this exactly? Oxidative stress, defined as a disturbance in the balance between the production of reactive oxygen species (free radicals) and antioxidant defenses, is discussed in relation to its possible role in the production of tissue damage in diabetes mellitus according to: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10693912.
This is another age factor my friends. And oxidative stress is responsible for numerous health conditions. The antioxidants in spirulina help to fight oxidative stress and prevent other diseases.
Having high blood pressure can be very dangerous as I’m sure you’re aware of. I check my blood pressure at home frequently now. It’s just so important because it can lead to heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and many other problems that you don’t want or need for sure!
There’s been research done showing that after a month and a half of taking only 5 grams of spirulina lowered blood pressure in patients who participated.
There are times when you can experience tired muscles after your workout. This is to be expected. You are going through this through oxidative stress once again that is brought on by the exercising. The foods that contain antioxidants such as spirulina help in impeding the stress to your muscles.
If you take spirulina supplements, they will help raise your stamina level and lower the fatigue of your muscles. This gives you a longer time for exercising before the normal feeling of tired muscles would set in.
Because spirulina contains a good deal of protein, it can increase your metabolism and giving you the feeling of being full. This will give you less of a temptation to eat more and you will burn more calories too. The end result will be less weight on your body and that’s what counts!
- You want to make sure that you only consume blue-green algae that does NOT have any contaminants in it. This means looking out for any substance that can damage your liver such as bacteria that are harmful, metals that are toxic and a contaminant called microcystins. As long as these aren’t contained, then the blue-green algae should be safe.
- Be especially cautious with children when it comes to this because they are more sensitive to this than adults are.
- Blue-green algae that is contaminated may cause nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, shock, liver damage, thirst, rapid heartbeat, and possible death. AVOID ANY product that has not been tested first to be free of any contamination, and microcystins.
As always please consult with your physician with anything when it comes to your health. While adding spirulina is most likely safe for you, let your physician make that decision. They are the professionals. It’s all about safety and health first. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
The information that I provide on my website is purely based on my own personal experience and subsequent research into the diabetes disease. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis and treatment. Care and investigation should always be sought from an appropriate health care provider. I am happy to discuss my own symptoms, diagnosis and history of my diabetes disease but want to stress that I am not medically trained in any way. All opinions on my website are my own. I have created this site as a way to share information and experiences.
Now you know the secrets to Spirulina for Diabetes. It is a powerhouse food and can help with your blood sugars and help to control your type 2 diabetes. Spirulina is just part of getting healthier. Diabetes can be controlled and reversed, one step at a time. Just stick with it and you’ll be successful!
The Real Truth About Diabetes Below
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API