Are you aware that spirulina is loaded with nutrients that are not only good for you, but also beneficial for lowering your blood sugars? Spirulina is loaded with nutrients to lower your blood sugars. This blue green algae found in countries such as Asia, Africa, and Central America has been researched and the findings were positive for treating folks with type 2 diabetes with the spirulina supplement. It also provides antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that assist in the fight against diabetes. Let’s focus on Spirulina for Diabetes:
Why is Spirulina Beneficial for you?
Spirulina is loaded with nutrients to lower your blood sugars. This blue green algae found in countries such as Asia, Africa, and Central America has been researched and the findings were positive for treating folks with type 2 diabetes with the spirulina supplement. It also provides antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that assist in the fight against diabetes.
Studies were performed to compare it with medications prescribed for type 2 diabetes and spirulina provided better results than the most popular diabetes medication, Metformin.
That’s pretty amazing, don’t you think? And just a small amount of only 2 grams resulted in a splendid minimization of blood glucose levels. That is awesome!
This blue green algae is a bacteria called cyanobacterium. (I’ll stick to calling it blue algae) 🙂 This bacteria does the identical thing that plants do and that’s producing energy from sunlight called photosynthesis. (If you remember this from high school) I do. Seems like only yesterday!
Research and studies were performed and results were that spirulina was found to help to give more strength by helping the results of insulin. There’s an extract in spirulina known as Phycocyanin and this is the reason why spirulina has such an extreme blue color. But research determined that this extract encourages your body’s function of insulin and may be a likely prospect for treating type 2 diabetes.
This superfood is known across the globe and can be a key in lowering and maintaining your blood glucose levels. It’s the basis for controlling type 2 diabetes and possibly reversing it. Studies done showed that participants given 10 grams of spirulina for three months significantly lowered their blood sugars.
This blue green algae just seems to have about everything in it. It consists of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12(excellent for the nervous system and neuropathy), C, and vitamin E. It also contains important minerals: potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, calcium, selenium, iron, and manganese.
One tablespoon consists of: 1.8 grams of carbohydrates, only 20 calories, 1 gram of fat, and omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6. Matched up against almost any food, this is the one that could be considered the best when it comes to nutrition! So take advantage of spirulina.
Health Benefits of Spirulina
Allergies can really take a toll on you, right? I feel lucky because I’ve never had many allergies to speak of. But I have gotten plenty symptoms from colds and flu such as scratchy throat, runny nose, eyes watering up, and sometimes headaches, fatigue, achiness and all this “wonderful” symptoms you get with allergies.
If you have type 2 diabetes then you have more of a chance of developing type 3 diabetes (Alzheimer’s disease) and Parkinson’s disease. Your brain is obviously vital to your health and spirulina can help to avoid these conditions.
I am always concerned about dementia and anything that has to do with the brain. Studies were done that showed that spirulina can aid in decreasing brain damage.
Control Your Cholesterol
This is an important thing to think about because if your LDL bad cholesterol levels or your HDL good cholesterol levels are off, it affects your health big time. You don’t want heart and cardiovascular issues for sure. Spirulina can possibly preserve your HDL levels while at the same time reducing your LDL levels.
There are so many serious diseases out there today with no cures such as dementia and cancer. But there are alternative methods of treating them such as spirulina that can be beneficial for specific cancers, some of which occur in the mouth. This may be especially important to anyone who chews tobacco.
If you are in this group you may experience lesions and spirulina can help with reducing the relapse of these particular lesions. Studies were also done and they revealed that spirulina may actually aid in fighting against pancreatic cancer.
Every organ in your body is important for survival. And your liver is no exception because if you’re a patient who has issues with your liver, you may wind up with liver failure or cirrhosis of the liver if you are suffering from chronic disease of this organ. It’s the free radicals that always responsible for these issues and spirulina can help because of its’ contents of antioxidants. So you may want to introduce spirulina into your diet to help protect your liver.
Your skin is important especially as you age. It gets harder to take care of it and the sun can take a toll on it too if you expose yourself to it for long periods of time. Again, it’s the free radicals that are the causes along with the toxic pollutants, other chemicals out there in our lives, and the ultra violet rays from the sun.
Spirulina can be a powerhouse for protecting against all of these because of the antioxidants it contains. It’s also beneficial for protecting against skin cancer and tumors as well that derive from the UV rays.
If you want to reduce aging of your skin as far as fine lines and wrinkles resulting from the free radicals, then spirulina will assist in keeping your skin looking and feeling healthier.
Protecting Your Bones
If you are older like me, you want to do the best you can to protect your bones. Calcium is always a great source and spirulina is loaded with calcium. I try to get enough calcium because it is vital especially when you get older. I added spirulina to my diet to get every bit of help that I can from it and feel better knowing that it’s helping to protect my bones.
Inflammation & Arthritis
I am thankful that I don’t have arthritis at this point in my life. This can obviously be uncomfortable and painful. And of course getting older doesn’t really help! It’s unfortunate that inflammation is the cause of every disease and ailment, but spirulina consists of many anti-inflammatory substances that can aid in arthritis pain and inflammation.
Nobody likes being in pain and I was used to seeing my mom in terrible pain from arthritis. It’s just horrible so do yourself a favor and let spirulina help you!
==>>The Best Way to Lower Your Blood Sugar is with Curalin<<==
Your body benefits highly from protein. Getting sufficient amounts of protein is going to be extremely healthy for you. Spirulina is made up of approximately 60% protein and is beneficial for you no matter what type diet you are following. This is a perfect addition for your other sources of protein.
Just what is this exactly? Oxidative stress, defined as a disturbance in the balance between the production of reactive oxygen species (free radicals) and antioxidant defenses, is discussed in relation to its possible role in the production of tissue damage in diabetes mellitus according to: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10693912.
This is another age factor my friends. And oxidative stress is responsible for numerous health conditions. The antioxidants in spirulina help to fight oxidative stress and prevent other diseases.
Having high blood pressure can be very dangerous as I’m sure you’re aware of. I check my blood pressure at home frequently now. It’s just so important because it can lead to heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and many other problems that you don’t want or need for sure!
There’s been research done showing that after a month and a half of taking only 5 grams of spirulina lowered blood pressure in patients who participated.
There are times when you can experience tired muscles after your workout. This is to be expected. You are going through this through oxidative stress once again that is brought on by the exercising. The foods that contain antioxidants such as spirulina help in impeding the stress to your muscles.
If you take spirulina supplements, they will help raise your stamina level and lower the fatigue of your muscles. This gives you a longer time for exercising before the normal feeling of tired muscles would set in.
Because spirulina contains a good deal of protein, it can increase your metabolism and giving you the feeling of being full. This will give you less of a temptation to eat more and you will burn more calories too. The end result will be less weight on your body and that’s what counts!
- You want to make sure that you only consume blue-green algae that does NOT have any contaminants in it. This means looking out for any substance that can damage your liver such as bacteria that are harmful, metals that are toxic and a contaminant called microcystins. As long as these aren’t contained, then the blue-green algae should be safe.
- Be especially cautious with children when it comes to this because they are more sensitive to this than adults are.
- Blue-green algae that is contaminated may cause nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, shock, liver damage, thirst, rapid heartbeat, and possible death. AVOID ANY product that has not been tested first to be free of any contamination, and microcystins.
As always please consult with your physician with anything when it comes to your health. While adding spirulina is most likely safe for you, let your physician make that decision. They are the professionals. It’s all about safety and health first. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
The information that I provide on my website is purely based on my own personal experience and subsequent research into the diabetes disease. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis and treatment. Care and investigation should always be sought from an appropriate health care provider. I am happy to discuss my own symptoms, diagnosis and history of my diabetes disease but want to stress that I am not medically trained in any way. All opinions on my website are my own. I have created this site as a way to share information and experiences.
Now you know the secrets to Spirulina for Diabetes. It is a powerhouse food and can help with your blood sugars and help to control your type 2 diabetes. Spirulina is just part of getting healthier. Diabetes can be controlled and reversed, one step at a time. Just stick with it and you’ll be successful!
The Real Truth About Diabetes Below
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
14 thoughts on “Spirulina for Diabetes | 13 Benefits of Spirulina”
I have taken spirulina before because of the crazy amounts of nutrition it has in only 2 grams! It is such a powerful superfood but your article has just shown me the extent to which it can help you! People with diabetes really need to get on this!
Hey Danielle 🙂 Spirulina really is a superfood and is very nutritious! It’s important to let folks with type 2 diabetes know just how powerful and beneficial it is.
Anything that lowers blood sugar and can help control diabetes is something every diabetic should have. Thanks for your comments 🙂
Great information, very helpful. I really appreciate the way you laid everything out. Thank you.
Hey Skip, It’s important for folks to know just how beneficial spirulina is not only for type 2 diabetics but for everyone.
I wanted to give as much helpful information on spirulina as possible and I hope that people will look into adding it to their diet.
Thank you for sharing this information
I am going to try Spirulina as I am a type 2 diabetic
Hey Vicki, Type 2 diabetes can be controlled as I’m sure you know. Spirulina is one of the best superfoods you can have that will help the diabetes. It can lower your blood sugar and provide an enormous amount of other health benefits. Try it 🙂 I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Thanks!
Wow thats for this information I didn’t even know if such a food as spirulina can be so beneficial to ones health especially diabetes.
Spirulina seems to be similar to garlic in terms of the great benefits. I will look into it from now onwards.
Hey Thabo, It seems that everything in the sea is healthy for you. I agree that spirulina and garlic are similar in terms of the benefits but spirulina is even stronger, especially for diabetics. This is a must food for folks to lower their blood sugars and overall health. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Thanks for sharing all this information about spirulina. I have just recently started reading about it, and it really is packed with an amazing amount of nutrients! I hope more people will hear about it so they can start taking advantage of its benefits, especially for diabetes.
Hi Bailey 🙂 There are many healthy foods that come from the sea and spirulina is one of the most powerful! I did research and found about about it and immediately added it to my diet. When I realized how beneficial it is for diabetes, I didn’t hesitate to start consuming it. Spirulina is something that should be spread to as many people as possible. Thanks for your comments Bailey 🙂
I have loved Spirulina since I was in college…a long time ago 🙂 I just love Superfoods! Thank you for the reminder as my mother in law is on the verge of Type 2 diabetes. I will have forward this post to her.
Hi Colleen 🙂 I love superfoods too and spirulina is one of my favorites. It’s helping my type 2 diabetes and my overall health. I believe that anything that comes from the sea is good for you and can help with many ailments. I hope your mother-in-law reads about spirulina. Thank you for your thoughts 🙂
Another great supplement that is worth the purchase. Anything that combats cancer, helps with skin and bones, is wonderful in my book. I love coming back to your website. You have such a wealth of information. Thank you taking the time to inform everyone on these great products!
Hey Leahrae! 🙂 I agree that something as powerful as spirulina is can be very beneficial for treating type 2 diabetes and other health issues. It does do wonders for your skin, bones, and may other parts of your body. Thank you for visiting my website and please share on social media! 🙂