Pomegranates may contain sugar, but they are connected to antioxidants that fight cell damage and lower your blood sugar levels. There are 4 specific antioxidants that aid in reducing your blood glucose levels. So How is Pomegranate Good for Diabetes? They are very healthy for you. Here’s why:
Is Pomegranate a Good Choice for Diabetics?
Researched revealed that patients who participated in a study in consuming pomegranate juice of 1 1/2 ml had a substantial decline in their blood sugar levels after a period of three hours.
This is because they are not just extracted from the seeds but from the whole fruit itself. This is a perfect reason to have pomegranate juice!
Your body can have damage to its cells that is caused by free radicals and the antioxidants in pomegranates help in fighting this off. It’s hard for your body to fight off free radicals that can cause inflammation and destroy your cells. The result is that your body suffers from oxidative stress. That’s where the antioxidants from pomegranate come in to help with reducing this.
There are many fruits that contain too much sugar. Pomegranates have sugars that are “attached” with the antioxidants that are responsible for lowering LDL bad cholesterol levels, lowering blood sugar, insulin resistance, and damage to your cells.
This is accomplished by raising the antioxidant levels that are natural in your body by over a whopping 140%! This process aids in the prevention of heart disease and obesity which are two symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
Normally it’s advisable to stay away from fruit juices because of their sugar content and ability to spike your blood glucose levels. But with pomegranates it’s good because both the fruit and the pomegranate seeds are a great benefit for reducing blood sugars and treating diabetes.
So how do pomegranates reduce insulin resistance? The cells in your pancreas that are responsible for producing insulin can have their function increased by consuming pomegranate juice. In addition it can reduce your insulin resistance and this results in your cells using insulin in a more productive manner. Glucose being used much better is going to benefit your diabetes and blood sugars.
There was actually a report in the “Journal of Medicinal Food” back in 2007 that stated how the flowers, seeds, and juices of pomegranate have an activity that is hypoglycemic. It also reveals that there are three acids that are antioxidants that are possibly components that are anti-diabetic.
It’s vital that you test your blood sugars frequently and stay on top of your numbers with your doctor whether you consume pomegranates or not.
By having pomegranates in your diet the juice will provide you with a burst of antioxidants and give you plenty of fiber that can neutralize the sugar in pomegranate. These extremely high potent antioxidants which are polyphenols and flavonoids, help protect you against cancer and heart disease as I mentioned before.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate
Now you can take vitamin supplements which is fine but it’s more beneficial for your body and your health to get vitamins from the foods that you eat and drink. Pomegranate provides a multitude of vitamins and nutrients that your body needs. Vitamins C, E, and K are naturally abundant in pomegranate.
Pomegranate is very beneficial for problems with your gut. There’s an abundance of fiber inside that helps you maintain a healthy gut. If you’re having issues with poor digestion, then pomegranate will help. It can help you in lowering your risk of stomach ulcers and Crohn’s disease. Eat the fruit whole or drink the juice daily. It would be wise to avoid if you happen to be experiencing any form of diarrhea though.
This wonderful fruit can lower your blood pressure too. It does this by reducing inflammation of your blood vessels. It’s just like a natural blood thinner keeping your blood from coagulating and preventing to form any blood clots. It acts as a blood thinner of blood through your entire body the same way that aspirin does. You don’t want high blood pressure causing a stroke or other serious health issues. Check your blood pressure frequently.
Your immune system protects you against disease and keeps you alive and well. Pomegranate contains very potent anti-microbial and anti-bacterial components that are beneficial in aiding to fight bacteria and and viruses to help strengthen and boost your immune system.
It is also great for battling cavities and infections in your mouth and has the highest probability in impeding the transfer of the HIV virus. Who wouldn’t want to strengthen their immune system?
I wanted to mention this again because it’s that important. Pomegranate juice is extremely good for your heart because lowers the inflammation in the lining of your blood vessels and maintaining the flexibility of your arteries.
In addition it will lessen your chances of and blockage in your arteries and this is vital for your heart and your health because you need an unrestricted flow of blood going to your brain and to your heart. You know how important it is to keep your blood flowing, especially when you have diabetes.
The Video Below Explains More about Pomegranate and Diabetes
No cancer is ever something anyone wants especially men with prostates. But pomegranate can be very beneficial with slowing down cancer cells reproducing. Just 8 ounces of pomegranate juice daily will increase an increasing PSA level time of doubling from 1 year and 3 months to 4 1/2 years. That’s over a 3 year difference.
Joint Pain and Arthritis
Arthritis is something that is quite common all over the planet but especially in older folks. This is inflammation that is mostly found in the joints. Pomegranate can help to treat arthritis because of the compounds found in this plant that has anti-inflammatory results.
There have been some studies with regard to pomegranate and memory improvement. In a study where 25 elderly folks who complained about their problems with their memory, it was discovered that by consuming 8 ounces of pomegranate juice each day showed to improve their memory with regards to visual and verbal actions.
You can have problems with blood flow to every area of your body when you have oxidative damage. There was research performed of men with erectile dysfunction and pomegranate did provide some benefits but nothing substantially. So while it did decrease some symptoms there still has to be additional research done.
There are many energy drinks on the market today. But pomegranate juice is the best because it helps you to maintain a good level of energy to carry you through the whole day. It contains vitamins and sugars to help you with this. Almost all of your energy comes from the carbohydrates in pomegranates.
Dysentery and Diarrhea
Pomegranate juice plays a very important role in secreting enzymes for you to digest properly which treats dysentery and diarrhea. You can pretty much cure any indigestion by mixing pomegranate juice with a teaspoon of honey.
If you’ve ever had scars and I’m sure you have, they can take quite a time to heal sometimes. Pomegranate can speed up this process of healing by regenerating the cells in the dermal and epidermal layers of your skin. It can protect your skin from sunburns and will actually heal any damage that a constant exposure to the sun might have done.
You can help to prevent your hair from falling out with pomegranate juice because it strengthens your hair follicles. This helps to to give you healthy hair a healthy appearance. You’ll look and feel much better.
If you include pomegranate juice in your regular diet, you can help to reduce the aging process. It takes care of the fine lines and wrinkles that most of us get from daily exposure to the sun. Of course some of us get more sun exposure than others and that can be damaging. Pomegranate can help to support the regenerating of your skin cells.
Osteoporosis is something we usually experience as we get older. There are enzymes in pomegranate that help degeneration and prevention of cartilage or osteoarthritis. In addition it can impede anti-inflammatory response in your body. Why not have pomegranate to address your bone health?
Pomegranate contains magnesium which prevents inflammation and can treat your scalp conditions such as eczema, dandruff, and psoriasis. It also decreases cortisol levels in your body and aids in premature balding in men.
It’s amazing to think about how many viruses and bacteria there are out there and it’s mind-blowing to realize about how many are undetected. These are possibly responsible for viral infections, Candida, and other diseases. But pomegranate pulp and seeds contain the anti-bacterial components that can halt viruses in their tracks.
Possible Side Effects of Pomegranate Juice
- Has specific antioxidants that can lower blood pressure so you need to be aware of what your blood pressure is if you’re already on blood pressure medication and by testing it regularly.
- Not recommended to have if you have a cough, influenza, or constipation.
- People with allergies such as asthma and allergies to plants have a greater risk for an allergic reaction.
- Pomegranate is similar to grapefruit when it comes to interfering with certain medications so you such always consult your doctor first.
How is Pomegranate Good for Diabetes? Now you know why pomegranate is excellent for diabetes. It has amazing benefits for lowering blood sugar and treating type 2 diabetes. It’s a very nutritional and beneficial fruit for you to include in your diet.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API