Can Type 2 Diabetes Turn Into Type 1? It’s not easy when you have diabetes regardless of which type it is. You can live a normal life as long as your diabetes is controlled. But let’s talk about the difference between both types of diabetes and how they affect your life. We first need to know what each type of diabetes is and how to handle it.
What is the Difference Between Type 2 and Type 1 Diabetes?
There may be many folks who have type 2 diabetes and for adults, that equates to approximately 90-95% of all those who suffer from diabetes. That is the overwhelming majority of all diabetics.
I just want to set the record straight by saying that type 2 diabetes cannot turn into type 1 diabetes. But there is a possibility that if you are diagnosed with type 2, that you can still receive a diagnosis of type 1 somewhere down the line.
Type 1 diabetes is when your pancreas produces little to no insulin and you are most likely diagnosed with type 1 at an early age. But it is possible to develop type 1 later on in your life even though it’s not typical to do so.
Type 2 diabetes in someone who actually does receive a diagnosis of type 1 later on was typically misdiagnosed in the first place.
Yes, the biggest reason that makes sense when you are later on told you have type 1 diabetes is that you were misinformed of your type 2 diabetes in the first place. Tests are always done, but not properly diagnosed. It’s important to discuss everything with your doctor to make sure the tests were read right and performed correctly. But even then, there’s no guarantee that the results are 100% right.
Insulin- The Facts
We all require our bodies to produce insulin. When this either doesn’t happen at all or not enough, diabetes is or can be the end result. For type 1 diabetics, you are required to have insulin injections. For type 2 you may need insulin injections if medications and lifestyle changes aren’t enough to control your blood sugars.
Type 2 Diabetes vs. Type 1 Diabetes
Again, type 1 diabetics require insulin. It’s imperative to survive. This autoimmune disease which can be hereditary requires insulin injections for the rest of their lives.
Type 2 diabetics have options such as proper diet and exercise and medications that will lower your blood sugar, but medications are not the best way to choose to control your diabetes as a type 2. Following a proper diet and exercising can keep your blood sugars down and keep you off medications.
What about the Symptoms?
With type 1 diabetes, your blood sugar is too high. It is obvious from the symptoms of excessive thirst and hunger, blurred vision, numbness and/or tingling in the feet, weight loss, and also fatigue. In addition if your sugar gets extremely high it can cause symptoms of nausea, dry skin, and rapid breathing.
These identical symptoms can occur in type 2 diabetics, but not for a good number of years and by this time these symptoms have already taken a toll on your body and you had no clue the whole time. It can also cause numbness and/or pain in your feet or hands and possibly erectile dysfunction in males.
Treatments for Both Types
First of all the best treatment is not medication and doctor visits. It’s diet and exercise. I know I may sound like a broken record but that’s the facts Jack! LOL
It is essential to follow a healthy diet and stick to it. It’s not a diet. It’s a lifestyle change that’s permanent. This goes for anything that has to do with either type of diabetes.
Get an exercise machine, put your headphones on and have some fun! Lift weights. Pick something, but just do it. You will begin to feel better and it will help your blood sugars and diabetes.
Last, but not least. Check your blood sugars regularly according to your doctor’s orders. I check mine twice a day. Everyday. Period. If you’re on medication, take them. The better you take care of yourself, the sooner you might be able to come off your medications. Be proactive!
Can Type 2 Develop into Type 1?
The simple answer once again is no. You’ll have enough to do to control either type 2 or type 1 diabetes. But the best thing you can do is to see and discuss everything you do with your doctor. They are the professionals and they know best.
Can Type 2 Diabetes Turn Into Type 1? No way. It simply cannot. But misdiagnosis in the beginning is a possibility. Whichever type of diabetes you have, it’s important to control it and turn it around. Diabetes doesn’t mean a death sentence IF you control it.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API