Can Type 2 Diabetes Turn Into Type 1? It’s not easy when you have diabetes regardless of which type it is. You can live a normal life as long as your diabetes is controlled. But let’s talk about the difference between both types of diabetes and how they affect your life. We first need to know what each type of diabetes is and how to handle it.
What is the Difference Between Type 2 and Type 1 Diabetes?
There may be many folks who have type 2 diabetes and for adults, that equates to approximately 90-95% of all those who suffer from diabetes. That is the overwhelming majority of all diabetics.
I just want to set the record straight by saying that type 2 diabetes cannot turn into type 1 diabetes. But there is a possibility that if you are diagnosed with type 2, that you can still receive a diagnosis of type 1 somewhere down the line.
Type 1 diabetes is when your pancreas produces little to no insulin and you are most likely diagnosed with type 1 at an early age. But it is possible to develop type 1 later on in your life even though it’s not typical to do so.
Type 2 diabetes in someone who actually does receive a diagnosis of type 1 later on was typically misdiagnosed in the first place.
Yes, the biggest reason that makes sense when you are later on told you have type 1 diabetes is that you were misinformed of your type 2 diabetes in the first place. Tests are always done, but not properly diagnosed. It’s important to discuss everything with your doctor to make sure the tests were read right and performed correctly. But even then, there’s no guarantee that the results are 100% right.
Insulin- The Facts
We all require our bodies to produce insulin. When this either doesn’t happen at all or not enough, diabetes is or can be the end result. For type 1 diabetics, you are required to have insulin injections. For type 2 you may need insulin injections if medications and lifestyle changes aren’t enough to control your blood sugars.
Type 2 Diabetes vs. Type 1 Diabetes
Again, type 1 diabetics require insulin. It’s imperative to survive. This autoimmune disease which can be hereditary requires insulin injections for the rest of their lives.
Type 2 diabetics have options such as proper diet and exercise and medications that will lower your blood sugar, but medications are not the best way to choose to control your diabetes as a type 2. Following a proper diet and exercising can keep your blood sugars down and keep you off medications.
What about the Symptoms?
With type 1 diabetes, your blood sugar is too high. It is obvious from the symptoms of excessive thirst and hunger, blurred vision, numbness and/or tingling in the feet, weight loss, and also fatigue. In addition if your sugar gets extremely high it can cause symptoms of nausea, dry skin, and rapid breathing.
These identical symptoms can occur in type 2 diabetics, but not for a good number of years and by this time these symptoms have already taken a toll on your body and you had no clue the whole time. It can also cause numbness and/or pain in your feet or hands and possibly erectile dysfunction in males.
Treatments for Both Types
First of all the best treatment is not medication and doctor visits. It’s diet and exercise. I know I may sound like a broken record but that’s the facts Jack! LOL
It is essential to follow a healthy diet and stick to it. It’s not a diet. It’s a lifestyle change that’s permanent. This goes for anything that has to do with either type of diabetes.
Get an exercise machine, put your headphones on and have some fun! Lift weights. Pick something, but just do it. You will begin to feel better and it will help your blood sugars and diabetes.
Last, but not least. Check your blood sugars regularly according to your doctor’s orders. I check mine twice a day. Everyday. Period. If you’re on medication, take them. The better you take care of yourself, the sooner you might be able to come off your medications. Be proactive!
Can Type 2 Develop into Type 1?
The simple answer once again is no. You’ll have enough to do to control either type 2 or type 1 diabetes. But the best thing you can do is to see and discuss everything you do with your doctor. They are the professionals and they know best.
Can Type 2 Diabetes Turn Into Type 1? No way. It simply cannot. But misdiagnosis in the beginning is a possibility. Whichever type of diabetes you have, it’s important to control it and turn it around. Diabetes doesn’t mean a death sentence IF you control it.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API