Peaches can substantially lower your risk for type 2 diabetes because they contain a high amount of fiber. They also are low on the glycemic index with a rating of between 25-55 which makes it a perfect fruit for diabetics. Any fruit that has a low glycemic index number is good for you as a diabetic. How healthy are peaches for you and Are Peaches Good For Diabetics?
What are the Benefits of Peaches?
Some fruits are high in sugar content, but peaches are not and they are an excellent choice for diabetics.
Many folks may assume that all fruits have a lot of sugar content. This isn’t the case. It all depends on the number on the glycemic index chart as to whether a fruit is high or low with sugar.
That’s why peaches are good along with many other low glycemic index fruits. It’s vital to eat only fruits with low sugars. Berries are another example of fruits with the lowest sugar content.
It’s necessary to note that while you may eat fresh peaches in moderate amounts, it’s advisable to avoid canned or processed peaches because the more harmful and larger contents of sugar.
However, the fiber in peaches helps to control your blood glucose levels. It reduces the sugar absorption process and lowers the rate of your glucose as it is passing in your bloodstream. This is important because will prevent a hike in your blood glucose level.
The American Diabetes Association states that it’s important that fruit is part of your daily diet. Because although they carbohydrates, they still contain many other nutrients that your body requires. It’s important because with diabetes when your blood glucose is higher, your body does not use what insulin it has to convert the carbs you eat into much needed energy.
The best recommendation for the amount of peaches to be consumed is two peaches and three daily for overweight diabetic women and men. I personally wouldn’t recommend more than three a day anyway. You have to remember that as a diabetic you should be aware that you need between 45-60 grams of carbs per meal and 15-30 for a snack.
Keep in mind that an average size peach contains about 15 grams of carbs so that make an easy fit into your meal plan. Just stick to the fresh ripe peaches and avoid the canned peaches with sugar and syrup. I’ll be watching you!
Health Benefits of Peaches
1) Cancer Prevention- Research performed revealed that peaches contain compounds known as carotenoid and phenolic which consist of anti-cancer properties. Peaches are also helpful when it comes to fight such cancers as lung cancer, breast cancer, and colon cancer. This is reason enough to have peaches in your diet, not to mention all the other benefits which I am getting to. 🙂
2) Vision Care- I say this all the time. My eyes are the most important thing in the world to me. I want to take care of them and peaches contain beta-carotene which is crucial in the prevention of disease of the eyes and keeping them healthy. So I’m going to eat peaches which are low in sugar content and help protect my vision at the same time. Won’t you do the same?
3) Heart Health- Your heart is the most important organ in your body because it keeps you alive and moving. You want to avoid cardiovascular disease at all costs. Consuming peaches is going to help you here. It is heart healthy because it consists of vitamin C, fiber, and potassium that provide the protection against cardiovascular disease.
4) Inflammation- Every disease and ailment revolves around inflammation. this is something you really have to control if you want to stay healthy. The vitamin C contained in peaches is vital to treating inflammation and calming it down. This is especially the case in people who are overweight, are type 2 diabetics, or have high blood pressure. You do want to keep your weight down!
Inflammation is the root of all evil when it comes to your health. It is the reason why you contract illnesses in the first place. The best thing you can do for your body is to fight inflammation. Eating a natural fruit such as peaches is going to help you accomplish that.
5) Immune System- If you want to help build your immune system to be stronger then peaches are your fruit. They contain immune boosting properties with such nutrients as vitamin A and vitamin C which provide benefits for a stronger immune system. It’s vital that you have a strong immune system.
Your immune system can be helped by many foods that you eat. It’s the healthy foods like peaches that help build your immune system. Remember, your immune system keeps you healthy and free from viruses and bacteria and disease. Eat a peach!
6) Minerals- Potassium is very important for your body and one large peach contains over 300 mg of potassium. In addition to potassium, it includes other minerals such as copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, calcium, and iron. These minerals are vital in the functioning and supporting of your bones, red blood cells, and the health of your nervous system.
7) Blood Pressure- High blood pressure is dangerous and there are many foods including foods such as peaches that can help. Again because peaches have more than 300 mg of potassium, that is going to help control your blood pressure immensely. The potassium will assist in the maintaining of your pressure and helping to relax your blood vessels.
8) The Aging Process- We all would love to slow down the aging process, wouldn’t we? The mineral zinc is very essential in providing with anti-aging benefits that assist in the structure and solidarity of your skin, your largest body organ.
Since zinc is abundant in peaches, it aids with regards to other diseases including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
9) Pregnancy- When you’re pregnant you want to be as healthy as possible. You want a snack? Avoid any processed foods. Peaches are excellent for snacks because they contain dietary fiber, folate and iron.
Vitamin C in the body during pregnancy will help your body with your defenses becoming more powerful. Folate is responsible for making sure that you get sufficient absorption of iron that is necessary from the food that you consume.
10) Losing Weight- One of the biggest problems in the world today is obesity. It’s really tough sometimes to resist foods especially those containing sugar. You get use to not eating healthy and it catches up to you and you put on the pounds. Excess fat is obviously no good for you.
But you already know that. On the other hand fruits such as peaches contain fiber that fills up up and helps with losing the weight. You will have the experience of feeling full for a longer period of time. Your cravings are satisfied and the weight will come off. Just try and stick to foods like peaches.
11) Brain Health- The function of your brain is vital to your health and you need it to be healthy as any other organ. You need your brain to communicate with your nerves. So eating and sleeping are vitally important for this function.
The function of your brain and your nervous system have been helped by the properties of peaches. Just a peach a day will do wonders for your brain and your health in general.
12) Digestion- If you need help with digestion, peaches are the answer. They are extremely beneficial in removing and cleaning out any toxic waste from your intestines. You can help to possibly prevent stomach cancer and also avoid disorders of the abdomen too.
You know what else they can help with? Peaches are able to aid in dissolving bladder and kidney stones. But the dietary fiber can also benefit you from developing stomach ulcers, constipation, hemorrhoids, and unhealthy bowel movements.
13) Teeth & Bone Health- You without a doubt need strong teeth and bones especially when you get older. You need calcium and phosphorous for this to happen and at the same time repair and maintain your body’s tissues. This is also beneficial in preventing bone decalcification and that will lead you down the road to osteoporosis. This is more common in women during post menopause.
Side Effects of Peaches
Having peaches as part of your regular diet is fine and for the most part healthy for you.It’s when you overdo it that you could have issues and negate the benefits that peaches provide. Be careful!
You can actually cause potassium levels known as hyperkalemia by eating too many peaches. Because peaches contain potassium, that’s a good thing. But not when you eat in excess. Your blood pressure can take a nosedive to a very unhealthy level. This is NOT good! Eat peaches in moderation. (Don’t have 12 every day)
Is vitamin A healthy for you? Absolutely! But again, have a peach or two because excess vitamin A can cause pain in your bones, blurry vision, possible bleeding in your lungs, and issues with breathing. Moderation is the key my friend.
Excess Iron and Magnesium
Both of these minerals are important and beneficial for your health but eating too many peaches can cause excessive amounts that are not healthy. Too much iron may cause liver disease, joint pain, chronic fatigue, and heart issues.
Are Peaches Good For Diabetics? Fruit is good for you even when you have type 2 diabetes. Don’t shy away from it because it has sugar. Every fruit is different and as long as the glycemic index is below 55, you’re good to go! Peaches are good on the list so eat them in moderation and you’ll be helping your diabetes, blood sugar levels, and overall health.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Kraus, Daniel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 191 Pages - 10/08/2019 (Publication Date) - Hard Case Crime (Publisher)
Last update on 2021-09-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API