Water is the essence of life on this planet and every living creature cannot survive without it. So Why Is Water Good for Diabetics? So it’s really easy to understand why water for diabetes is crucial because it is even more essential for people with diabetes, both type 1 and type 2.
Why is Water Absolutely Essential for Everything?
It’s especially important for folks with diabetes, but of course absolutely essential for every human being and living creature on the planet to survive. So why is it absolutely essential? We die without water and with diabetes not having enough water will just speed up the dying process.
Water plays a huge role in maintaining metabolic processes, the pH balance of your body, getting rid of waste products, and providing products that are useful for the body. It does this while performing the functions of all of your major organs at the same time.
Water, Diabetes, & Blood Sugars
So your question is most likely, ” Can drinking a lot of water help to lower my blood sugar?” The answer beyond a shadow of a doubt is YES! Water helps you to lose weight because it suppresses your appetite will reduce your resistance of insulin.
So the basic answer to how much water you should drink is 6-8 glasses (8 ounce) daily. I’m sure that you’ve heard this many times before. It’s important because you need this much water in your body especially with diabetes, but you do not want to drink TOO much and cause water intoxication which we’ll get into later. But do drink enough every day.
The basic 8 glasses is sufficient to lower your blood sugar levels and take care of that hunger pain. It’s advisable for folks who are dieting to have a full glass of water before having their meals. Now water, as I said before, is obviously crucial for your survival, but even more so for diabetics and type 1 diabetics water is beyond being important!
When your blood glucose levels are extremely high, your kidneys just cannot process all that sugar and that’s where water comes in. It can help to flush out the ketones and extreme amounts of sugar from your system. When you have diabetes your body needs more fluid to help your kidneys get rid of the excess sugar through your urine.
Water helps to flush out the glucose from your system so it lowers blood sugar and won’t raise it. But having high blood sugar levels will increase your risk of being dehydrated which is a common risk for folks with diabetes mellitus. Dehydration can be dangerous and you want to be very careful.
When your body attempts to remove excess glucose through your urine, you need to hydrate your blood by drinking more water. Now if your body is producing too much urine, it can make you extremely thirsty and your risk of being dehydrated will increase. This is also known as diabetes insipidus. The solution would be to drink more water and the amount should be advised through your physician or practitioner.
Flavoring the Water
If drinking water is boring for you, then you can add any different numbers of fruit to it, such as lemon, lime, or orange. In every restaurant I’ve ever been in they always ask if you want lemon in your water or diet drink. It’s very good for you.
Plain water is still the best for you because it contains not one thing that is bad for you. The flavored waters can contain some sugar so it’s not as good a choice. Sparkling water or soda is doable as long as they aren’t sweetened and just are carbonated. I’ll stick with the plain spring water.
When would you guess that the best time is to increase your intake of fluids? If you said when your blood sugar is high, then you’re right! So it’s the fluid (in this case water) that is helping to dilute the sugar that’s in your urine and in your bloodstream. It goes a long way in getting rid of that sugar that can wreak havoc on your body. More water!
So, if you take your sugar and the levels are high, then a wise choice would be to have that 8 ounce glass of water because it will aid in your blood vessels from recuperating and help to bring your glucose levels back down to normal or at least lower than they were.
Watch the Video Below to Learn More About Water and Diabetes
The Benefits of Drinking Water
1) Immune System
Drinking all that water gives you less of a risk of illness. Don’t you want to be healthy all the time? Who wouldn’t? My mom used to say that if you have your health, you have everything. She was absolutely right! Water can help you in in fighting off cancer, the flu, heart attacks, and many other health problems by keeping your immune system in tip top shape!
2) Being Happy
Having ample amounts of water in your body will keep your body working at an optimal level and then you will feel great both inside and out!
3) No Calorie Drink
So water is perfect for losing weight in two ways. First off, there are NO calories! The second is to drink 2 eight ounce glasses of water thirty minutes before your meals and it does a wonderful job of suppressing your appetite. This way you will have a tendency to eat less and the result will be weight loss.
4) Healthy Skin
Water does wonders for your skin and since it’s your largest organ and the only one that is visible to everyone, you’ll want it looking shiny and radiant. Water promotes healthier looking skin by improving the flow of blood through your capillaries and keeping your body hydrated. In addition, water moisturizes your skin, aids in replenishing your skin tissues, and increasing the flexibility in your skin.
It also helps in treating and preventing acne, scars, and wrinkles especially as you age. It makes your skin look and feel glowing, soft, and fresh and gives you that vibrant appearance.
In order to increase your metabolism, water is responsible for the correct functioning of your enzymes and proteins. It removes dead cells, toxins, and waste products and also distributes nutrients and oxygen to your different body parts.
6) Kidney Stones
You do not want kidney stones-EVER! The pain is unbearable so the best thing you can do for your kidneys and the possibility of kidney stones to NOT develop, is to drink PLENTY of water! Make sure that you get those 6-8 eight ounce glasses every day! Minerals and salts cannot accumulate if you’re drinking enough water because the water dilutes the salt reaching the kidneys and gets removed in your urine.
7) Energy Booster
Drinking more water helps you with focusing, thinking, and concentrating, and alertness. This is due to the fact that your brain is mad up mostly of water. This all results in more energy for you. It’s always great when you feel more energetic! I have found that on many occasions that when I drink more water I do have more energy so for me it works.
Dehydration can cause headaches so drinking enough water does help prevent headaches and migraines. Headaches are the pits so I feel why take a chance of getting one because I didn’t have enough water.
9) Sprains and Cramps
If you’re properly lubricated then you have less chance of experiencing a sprain or muscle cramps. I know that when I don’t have enough water I get leg cramps a lot so now I make sure that I am getting enough water no matter what.
10) Gets Rid of Toxins
What we need for our bodies is a detoxifier and water is the choice. It will flush out your system by getting rid of the toxins and waste through your urine and sweating.
Water is Good for Diabetics But Beware of Dehydration Symptoms and Treatment
Severe Hydration Symptoms:
- Dry and shriveled up skin
- Becoming delirious
- Not being able to sweat
- Low blood pressure
- Becoming unconscious
- Increased heart rate
People at Risk of Dehydration
- Athletes, especially high performance athletes
- Adults who are older in age
- Anyone with a chronic disease such as kidney disease, alcoholism, or diabetes.
- Anyone in a high altitude
Treatments for Dehydration
It should be basically pretty simple. Just drink enough water. Replenish the lost fluids in your body. But other than water you can replenish with broths, ice pops, or Gatorade. There could be other reasons that require medication for treatment.
If you’re eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, that will help you to prevent dehydration as well because of the high content of water within them. If you stick with the basic 8 eight ounce glasses of water a day, then dehydration shouldn’t be an issue for the most part.
Drinking Too MUCH Water
This is just the opposite of dehydration. You don’t want to be drinking too much water. Why? Check it out:
- Brain cells- Your brain cells can swell. This can lead to many complications including a respiratory attack and even coma.
- Lack of potassium- Excess water an deplete your potassium levels.
- Heart stress- You can put undo stress on your heart because too much water increases the amount of blood being pumped.
- Liver issues- Water is fine but if the water you’re drinking has iron in it then it can cause problems with your liver.
- Urination excess- You don’t want to drink too little water but you don’t want to drink too much and be urinating all the time. If your urine is clear, that’s an indication that you’re over drinking. Your urine should have a slight yellow color to it.
The bottom line here is that water is crucial for your survival and so important for your healthy and balanced life. It helps you in so many ways but if you have diabetes, you must drink enough water, not too much. Remember the 8-8 daily rule. Eight- eight ounces a day.
Why Is Water Good for Diabetics? It’s obvious why because without it we would die. I will be the first to admit that water was never my favorite drink. Not true anymore. I have to have it cold, but I still love it because of all the benefits it provides. It keeps us alive. But it helps lower your blood sugar too.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/17/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Accurate: Metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip correctly to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- 7 Seconds And 0.7µl Blood: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API