Super foods for diabetes.
So what are the super foods for diabetes and how can they help lower your blood sugar?
These foods are the healthiest for diabetics.
And they are:
- Steel cut oatmeal
- Collard greens
- Sweet potatoes
- Dark chocolate
These are all powerful super foods that help lower blood sugar and at the same time help with high blood pressure. High blood pressure is nothing to ignore. While there are other foods that help diabetes, these are the ones you can benefit from the most. You should be eating these regularly.
Learning young how to eat and what to drink
Diabetes is controllable if you choose to do so. Maybe some people who really don’t care about themselves and they choose not to control their diabetes. It’s all about mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter then.
I remember when I was younger and didn’t care or have to think about what I ate. I thought I was invincible. Yeah right! I, as a kid was much more active and always outside the house riding my bicycle instead of being inside with the technology there is available today. Technology would keep you inside. And I am inside riding my exercise bike if I can’t get outside to exercise. Exercise is that important.
One of my favorite drinks was MILK! My family used to have the milkman (are they even around anymore?) deliver about 45 quarts of milk during the week and then we ran out and had to go to the store on the weekends to buy more! Ok, to be clear, I wasn’t the ONLY one drinking the milk which is a good source of vitamin D. I’d have to be a cow, right?
The fact is that you all know that the best thing to drink is water. I hated water. No taste, boring, but now? I know how good it is for me and how important it is to drink plenty of it and I do! It has to be cold, but I make sure that I’m never without it. It also has zero calories. Don’t you wish everything did? Coffee and teas are ok and I do drink diet soft drink when out, but only occasionally and I love apple cider vinegar!
Eating the right foods and taking supplements for diabetes is not only beneficial to combat the disease, it’s very healthy for you anyway. And if I want to either lose weight or keep your weight in check, I’ll have to watch my caloric intake and cholesterol numbers as well. Now, even foods that are good for my blood sugar, can be high in calories so be careful as far as weight gain so I exercise caution.
How much can I eat?
Have you ever heard that too much of anything is no good for you? True, unfortunately. Obviously, if I take in more calories than I burn, I will gain weight. The number is 3,500 calories per pound gained. So, you may want to eat 4-6 smaller meals instead of 3 larger ones. This is much healthier.
I try and eat a healthy breakfast (which always consists of fruits) but fruit has sugar, so I’ll want to have the fruits that have the least amount of sugar and the ones that help in keeping my blood sugar down. I don’t want to consume foods that will contribute to belly fat.
Time to not eat is when?
Night time…..after dinner. I want to close down the kitchen after dinner. I especially don’t want to eat a few hours before bedtime. I don’t get a chance to digest before going to bed and that’s not good. I want to sleep well and not be up worrying. I have to function the next day and I can’t do that if I’m dragging with no energy.
Another tip before meals especially dinner? Drink 8 ounces of water before my dinner. This will make me feel fuller and consume less at dinner. If I’m gonna cheat? I am sensible. I make it a healthy snack, but not too late. The kitchen and diabetes police will be watching me!
Protein not carbs
I’ll admit that certain foods that are good for you are not on my list of favorites. I may try and tolerate a few, but that’s as far as it goes for me. Same for you? Don’t you just think to yourself sometimes that if tastes so good that it must be good for you? Don’t you wish? I don’t like garlic or onions both of which are healthy for you. But I guess I can learn to like them since they are very healthy for you.
No thanks, I’ll substitute something else for them! I have to find and eat the foods that will help my diabetes and lower my blood sugar and that would be protein rich foods. Also, you should be looking for fiber in your foods. It’s extremely important to satisfy your hunger pains with fiber.
Carbohydrates wreak havoc on my blood sugar levels. So, I’ll want to try and stay away from, soft drink sodas, pastas, rice, and white enriched bread. In addition, off limits will be the candy, processed foods, sugary snack foods, ice creams. Well, you get the picture.
Proteins that you should consume are nuts, lean meats, such as poultry and fish, whole grains, eggs, flax seeds, avocados, beans, low sugar yogurt, fruits and vegetables, milk and cheese. You need healthy fats and you get it with these foods. Make sure you add these to your diet!
Sample Meal Plan:
Portion control is also important if you are trying to lose weight and get your body lean and strong.
Breakfast: 3/4 cup cooked oatmeal 2 slices whole grain toast 1 banana 1 cup low-fat milk Tea or coffee
1 cup clear soup Sandwich – slices brown bread, 3 oz. lean chicken, tomato, lettuce, mustard Carrots and celery sticks 1/2 cup grapes 1 low-fat yogurt Water
Banana and apple or pear
1 cup cooked brown rice or sweet potato 1 cup steamed veggies, 1 small grilled chicken breast or 4 oz. low-fat ham, 1 cup fruit cup, 1 cup low-fat milk Tea or coffee
6 whole grain crackers, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 cup low-fat milk
There has to be a silver lining, right?
Yes there is. There are superfoods for diabetes. This doesn’t necessarily mean that I will never be able to have the foods that I crave. But here’s how I see it? If I change to eating a sensible diet and lower my blood sugar and get on track, it doesn’t mean that occasionally I can’t have that piece of cake or whatever. I learned that portion control is crucial.
I focus on what my “menu” consists of and stick to it. Once my diabetes is under control, I think smart before I eat something. Read labels. Do my homework first. Listen, I don’t have to tell you that what I’ve been eating is wrong. Time to change. I know it. Once I accepted it, I was on the right track. Supplements you may want to check out for help
Are you ready for the change? Once you are, then go for it. Do you have any questions? Any stories you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API